Green Blockhead's Unban Request - Round 2
Your name: Green Blockhead

Your ban ID: 11061 and 11380

Banned by: [FL] beflok

Server: Both (How do you get banned from just one server?)

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: Since it happened a few months ago I will try my best to remember, but off the top of my head, Warior135/Spitfire the awesomemaster and I were in the middle of a training session for the British Armed Forces when someone radio'ed in that there was a shootout near the Cub Foods area. I drove, or ran, there and found the head of the SS and a few officers at the windowed building next to the apartments. Armed with my MP5, I ran over there and when I arrived I found a citizen shooting someone with a shotgun. Because I thought other lives were in danger, I had to make the instant decision to gun him down. After I killed the citizen, it turned out that I had killed Beflok. When I did, it turns out that he was "helping" the cops, and bans me for what was a day because I killed him, then after a minute or so, I found out that he changed it to permanent.

First off, you were a citizen. A regular, normal citizen. Regular clothes. Everything. Anyone would mistake you for being one of the suspects in the shootout. And because there is no time to try and "ask" whose on what side, I had to take the instant decision to shoot you down. Why? Because any cop would have done that. If you were armed with a weapon that could overpower government officials and were seen among a group of other armed citizens, cops and SS are going to treat you like you're one of them. You should have made it more clear that you were helping the cops. In real life, a citizen doesn't just run into a shootout with a shotgun and shoots the people who were shooting at the cops, do they? Why couldn't you just have been a cop yourself? Or an SS, or whatever. Keep this in mind: If you're going to help cops as a citizen, expect people to get the wrong idea.

BlackDog Wrote:Where the hell did that come from? Of course your going to shoot first in many cases, you have no logical reason NOT to when your attacking a group of people who look exactly like the person who suddenly jumps in to support you, without informing you of it before hand.

Fearless's combat system does not make it easy nor possable in many if not all combat situations to allow the player time to type out a shout to the person who is running at them with a weapon, or who is at a distance with a weapon looking dirrectly at them as all it takes is 2-3 seconds to kill you, while typeing out " /y Freeze! Drop your weapon!" Can take upwards to 3-10 depending on your typeing skills

Yes binds exist, though well over half of players do not use these for the police force, or they dont use them at all.

An example of something you see on fearless all the time:

You and 3 other officers are attacking a base, their all in standard civi clothing their all armed with AK-47s, you turn to your side and now suddenly you see another civi comming towards you with an AK or somewhat off to the side hidden but facing your dirrection, chances are 99% of people are going to shoot them because they are now an in a combat zone, look exactly like the people their attacking, wielding the weapon of the enemy, or somthing similar and appear to be an active threat to them and those around them.

Its a natural reaction to perceive them as a threat and during a firefight you dont have time to mess about trying to figure out who they are and why they are there.

Unless a player has actualy made it clear before entering combat with the police, that they are there to help, they are signing their own death warrant as they are now a target to a completely under equiped, undertrained, understaffed, under funded law enforcement agency

Second, this is what Warior said but I'm going to put it here anyway. As I said earlier we were in the middle of a training session for our clan and we got propkilled by Corleones, in which we were very much on our toes.

That's all for the main incident on why I was banned.

Now, a while ago I found out that I had a ban request on me for making props fall from the sky and smashing the Combine barricades near the Nexus. I do feel guilty about this, and I do realise that this will probably jepordise my chance of getting unbanned, but why not try to make an appeal? I'm sorry I smashed the barricades, but in the end, this isn't an HL2RP.

I'm not sure if I need to do something about this other ban in order to have admins consider this unban request, so I'll leave it at that. But if it does then just say.

Otherwise, I just made the simple mistake of mistaking beflok of being a suspect when he was just helping the cops. Next time I will try to use brute force less, and I will "ask first then shoot second", if necessary.
the killing beflok case may be abit unfair because he was not a cop and can easily be mistaken for the bad guy
but however that doesnt really matter due too the prop killing ban part, which would of still resulting in a perm due too ban history even with out the killing beflok ban
(08-17-2012, 10:32 AM)Temar Wrote: the killing beflok case may be abit unfair because he was not a cop and can easily be mistaken for the bad guy
but however that doesnt really matter due too the prop killing ban part, which would of still resulting in a perm due too ban history even with out the killing beflok ban

So this is most likely getting denied, right?
I know I shouldn't bump this, but come on; it's been nearly a month. Is this even getting considered?
We are waiting Beflok's reply. Bumping won't change anything here.
Oh I see.

I heard that he's quite inactive. I hope that changes.
Approved, ban shortened to 6 months in total lenght, 2 months+ remaining.