The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 3 Apr
Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening.

We were trying to get dev blogs out every two weeks. It's pretty clear we failed to do that. So, as an interim, alongside dev blogs when we have flashy content to show, we'll be releasing The Pulse when we don't.

The Pulse, as the name suggests, is a round-up of what's happened across the past two weeks; in a more utilitarian format than the traditional dev blogs.

With that out of the way, let's begin.

The major backend change was the re-addition of the staging server. This server uses an isolated database which, combined with the migration updates, means the database can be wiped between every change, and automatically regenerate itself. This allows a clean testing environment, which can help when testing larger updates, as we don't have stale data to contend with.

Merged Pull Requests:
  • OOC Icon Cache - An optimisation to the chatbox when OOC chat is used.
  • Paramedic CPR Fix - Allows CPR to happen when paramedics are incapacitated.
  • Updated Bans Schema - Removes unused IP column, fixes incorrect storage engine, fixes invalid perma-ban backend storage length.
  • Chatbox Fixes - Allows for tabs to be edited / deleted after being renamed.
  • Sensor Tool Fix - Prevents an error when the spawnmenu is reloaded.
  • Removed cityrp.colors.rank - Dead code removal / Memory optimisation.
  • Replace deprecated IsDeveloperOnly calls - IsDeveloperOnly is a deprecrated (replaced, to be removed) function, so this replaces it with the updated version, so the old one can be removed.
  • Replace deprecaed IsMod(erator) calls - See above, but for IsMod and IsModerator.
  • Fix Staging Issues - Fixes an issue where new players don't have _Key set.

Active Branches:
  • misc-stuff - Currently a number of vehicle description updates, and a fix to the parking zone.
  • fix-flas-bugs - Multiple bug fixes rolled into one branch.
  • fix-farmer-outfit - Fixes an error when using the farmers outfit.
  • inventory-refactor

Overall, we've had 6 people changing 9754 lines in 296 files, across 57 commits.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 4 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Haarek, TheSiphon, Wolven, VIVZZ
What is a commit
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(04-16-2023, 02:15 PM)Haarek Wrote: What is a commit

"At a high-level, Git can be thought of as a timeline management utility. Commits are the core building block units of a Git project timeline. Commits can be thought of as snapshots or milestones along the timeline of a Git project. Commits are created with the git commit command to capture the state of a project at that point in time. Git Snapshots are always committed to the local repository. This is fundamentally different from SVN, wherein the working copy is committed to the central repository. In contrast, Git doesn’t force you to interact with the central repository until you’re ready. Just as the staging area is a buffer between the working directory and the project history, each developer’s local repository is a buffer between their contributions and the central repository."

So in simple terms, each commit is a state of files at a given point in time.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

development is developing
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
at what point of the roadmap is lucky 7 being permapropped
That's about 2hrs work, so what have you been doing for the rest of the time?
Smile
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 2 users Like RIC0H's post:
  • ART, Emmett
The fact people are still actively working on Fearless RP in Late April 2023 Blows my mind how this place is still even a thing on the internet is crazy I mean respect it, as much as I don't think much will come from it, you have to respect those who still try and still care.
The following 2 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Doctor Internet, Emmett
(04-19-2023, 07:18 PM)RIC0H Wrote: That's about 2hrs work, so what have you been doing for the rest of the time?
Smile

Jacking off, mostly.
I'll do more work if you pay me for it though Smile
Yours
Doctor Internet;

(04-20-2023, 03:06 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: I'll do more work if you pay me for it though Smile

I did 2 months of VIP while the server was down, so I technically have. Wink

Also, you warned me for that post..
Is that what fearless is becoming (a place where you cannot even joke about things)?

Sad times..
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 2 users Like RIC0H's post:
  • Emmett, Nuka
(04-20-2023, 07:23 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 03:06 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: I'll do more work if you pay me for it though Smile

I did 2 months of VIP while the server was down, so I technically have. Wink

Also, you warned me for that post..
Is that what fearless is becoming (a place where you cannot even joke about things)?

Sad times..

Your warning was revoked soon after as it was done by mistake. Sorry about that.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork