Server
(04-13-2023, 09:40 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: bruh i feel excluded

nothing new then!!!
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I want to say, there's only so much attention you can grab via repeated fruitless promises. Since the server was shut down there's been three threads explaining what you wish to do, but so far we're yet to see anything concrete. Fewer and fewer people will care the longer this goes on, until there's nobody left.

Now, personally, I don't think Fearless can go on much longer no matter what is done (at least as a CityRP Gmod server). However, if you want it to continue existing, I sure hope those things you promised weeks/months ago are just around the corner and on the verge of implementation, instead of being mere future hypotheticals.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Toxicity
(04-13-2023, 10:13 PM)Archer Wrote: I want to say, there's only so much attention you can grab via repeated fruitless promises. Since the server was shut down there's been three threads explaining what you wish to do, but so far we're yet to see anything concrete. Fewer and fewer people will care the longer this goes on, until there's nobody left.

Now, personally, I don't think Fearless can go on much longer no matter what is done (at least as a CityRP Gmod server). However, if you want it to continue existing, I sure hope those things you promised weeks/months ago are just around the corner and on the verge of implementation, instead of being mere future hypotheticals.

Nothing but troll posts. Better off finding another place.
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Unconstructive Negativity
thb i dont think the server will ever come back, even IF it will ever come back, it would be pretty shitty with this kind of Management. Very sad that you fckd this server...
The following 1 user Likes ART's post:
  • Tails59
(04-13-2023, 10:13 PM)Archer Wrote: I want to say, there's only so much attention you can grab via repeated fruitless promises. Since the server was shut down there's been three threads explaining what you wish to do, but so far we're yet to see anything concrete. Fewer and fewer people will care the longer this goes on, until there's nobody left.

We did post our first dev blog last month with actual changes, we're still working on the second which contains the biggest change ever done to the gamemode. While I'll agree it's slow, this is a project that all the devs work on in their free time. It isn't a job for anyone, we're all volunteers (including management).

For example, this is the current core inventory branch which I've been working on for the past few months (and this branch is only the core system):
[Image: raw]

I don't like talking much about things in progress, but the core base of the inventory system has been complete since last week (the base system and converting everything over to the new system works). Still working on the many menus it requires, which is very tedious due to how gmod works.

As I've said before, things will be slow but somewhat steady. FL has been struggling for ages and was long dead before we took it down. Even if we never took it down, it'd just be sitting at 0 players as it did back in November. All we're doing is trying to create enough content to justify a meaningful relaunch instead of just shutting it down. There's also quite literally nothing anyone can do to speed it up, I'm not willing to drop thousands on a hired dev team and I'm sure anyone here would agree that'd be a stupid move. FL is a side project at the end of the day for us all, not a job. We're working on it because we enjoy doing so and wish to give you all who care a proper final attempt.

We kept this thread open as even negativity can be a decent source of feedback, however, it's pretty clear that we're not going to gain anything useful from this so I'm going to close this too. All we gain is we amplify toxicity, which drives those who care away and makes the forums seem like a horrible place. It's quite a shame that some of those who have no intention of playing only want to come here and be toxic, I'd honestly bet good money on those complaining the loudest not being on if we were up right now. We know FL hasn't ever been great at communication, we'll try see if we can have a system that'll make it easier for you to see what is going on behind the scenes that doesn't take too much time away from other things we have to do.

I know it's just a small group of players on the forums making it appear like everything is over, for those of you who care and have any questions just ask on our discord. I check the FL discord quite often and find it's easier to have an actual conversation compared to the forums. Massive thanks to those of you still giving useful feedback and having constructive conversations, both here, on discord and in our DMs.

tldr: We're still working on stuff but it's a lot of effort which takes up a lot of the small free time we have. Progress is being made as I've shown above, and we hope to be able to show it all off really soon. I'm closing this as it just amplifies toxicity by a minority of people who have no intention of playing and don't care about FL. Thank you to the many who still care, I'm sorry that things have been slow and that the forums have been all toxic and overdramatic recently. Join our discord, it's much better than the forums.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
What a shame, for the few people who are deliberately blind; those who are only here to spew shit and troll. What a real shame.

If you open your eyes, the work we've been doing is pretty clear. I argued to keep this thread open, in the hope that some good could come of it.

I have never been so disappointed to have been proven so wrong.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • Pollux