Dev Blog: Interaction, Admins and Vehicle Skins
looking good guys
The following 1 user Likes EAGLE:)'s post:
  • Pollux
Hope you are working on reducing content size and performance.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Pollux, Doctor Internet
(03-04-2023, 10:30 PM)Divey Wrote: I do hope that you have some sort of 'meat' of an update to go alongside whatever launch you do have

This is just a small part of what we want to get done for the relaunch, the biggest thing is inventory and the many things that will bring such as the weapons overhaul.

(03-04-2023, 10:30 PM)Divey Wrote: Also some transparency on what is happening with the rollback update you did while Conn was owner (with getting rid of farming and changing of weapons) would be appreciated.

It was reverted, the madcow weapons/farming removal/v2d thing basically never happened. The only thing we kept from that is combining BMD and Gun Dealer into "Arms Dealer".

(03-04-2023, 10:30 PM)Divey Wrote: As much as I personally would love to see FL switch gamemodes at some point I don't have much hope that this management is interested in that and so I have to respect that

If we swapped gamemode, the new gamemode would just be a worse experience. It's something we've considered too many times. There's over a decade of content built-up in FL that many take for granted - for example DarkRP doesn't even have an inventory system. It'd take ages to replicate it on another gamemode, and by the time you add even half of the content FL has any benefit would likely be minimal. I don't think anyone wants to just play on a downgraded version of FL. The core of our gamemode isn't even that much of an issue anymore, it's the stuff thrown on top. A much better use of development time is just improving what we currently have, such as what we're doing with the new inventory system and what we've done in the past with migrations and the plugin system.

(03-04-2023, 10:30 PM)Divey Wrote: I would love to see the content be completely overhauled - there's a lot of props etc which are no longer used. I would also like to see people scout the workshop more often, a few years ago when the team was full of passive rpers there was a huge appeal with building when it came to FL - I know there's been some useful new tools added and I would love to see some added. 

A lot of content was overhauled when we did the economy update, such as almost all cars being changed. We might have another look at it, but it depends on time. It'd be nice, but it can also be done after launch. The main issue is content is already quite big, and we can't remove props as we risk breaking quite a few builds.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I like the idea of the 'E' menu. A good step to help people learn the very basics. Simplicity is key in my opinion.

Honesty is a big factor in communication and a community. If something doesn't go quite to plan, no harm in talking about it because it promotes discussion. Pleased to hear you acknowledged that though. If you don't make mistakes, how are you meant to learn.

Keep it up.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 5 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Pollux, Doctor Internet, Boonan, Wolven, Lewwings
Good job guys. I tip my fedora
The following 2 users Like Aly's post:
Glad to see something happening, more info then 343 ever gave on Halo Infinite.

With the interaction menu, would be neat to maybe have it as radial menu? Then you can group things such as Vehicle, Inventory etc.

Keep it up, I like
Regards, Midget

The following 2 users Like Midget's post:
(03-05-2023, 09:11 AM)Midget Wrote: Glad to see something happening, more info then 343 ever gave on Halo Infinite.

With the interaction menu, would be neat to maybe have it as radial menu? Then you can group things such as Vehicle, Inventory etc.

Keep it up, I like

The interaction menu currently only shows stuff for what you're looking at and only things you can successfully do. While planning I couldn't see a reason why there would ever be more than like five shown at a time. If we end up having a lot displayed then a circle would probably be better, we'll see.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(03-04-2023, 11:09 PM)Haarek Wrote: Hope you are working on reducing content size and performance.

We're very much working on reducing performance Wink
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 4 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Wolven, willy whacker, Pollux, Haarek
(03-04-2023, 11:09 PM)Haarek Wrote: Hope you are working on reducing content size and performance.

https://diskprices.com/
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(03-05-2023, 11:48 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 09:11 AM)Midget Wrote: Glad to see something happening, more info then 343 ever gave on Halo Infinite.

Keep it up, I like

The interaction menu currently only shows stuff for what you're looking at and only things you can successfully do. While planning I couldn't see a reason why there would ever be more than like five shown at a time. If we end up having a lot displayed then a circle would probably be better, we'll see.

Alternatively, a circle would look better