Random FL gamemode facts
(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: When I was coding the NexusDB for the christmas update on 25th Dec 2016 I ran out of time, which is why the main page ist just a bunch of random info.

Probably true

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: The gamemode internally looks like it had numerous cancer cells killing each other off and thus making the game work somehow. To this day nobody knows exactly how it works, but every dev has to sign an agreement to pretend it's functional.

False, it's not that bad especially compared to other popular gamemodes. I'd work on our CityRP over DarkRP any day.

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: The entire game state used to be saved every second to the database causing a huge lagspike with >50 players.

False, even base cider just does it on salary. I doubt someone would've actually changed it to every second.

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: Voice Radio used to be activated via holding down SHIFT. Needless to say it was pretty funny seeing the entirety of EvoCity running around like lunatics.

Probably true, wasn't around when voice radio first came out.

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: If you tranquilised a Tides Truck before VCMod was a thing on the server, the car would explode but keep its health. You could abuse this with a friend for bombing attacks until the devs found out.

False, the tranq does 1dmg and the rest is just a script if it hits a player. Unless the tranq has been changed since, which I doubt it. I also don't see why it'd just be the tides truck, would either be all cars or none.

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: There exists at least one serversided NetworkString that can send arbitrary clientside commands to any client to make them execute the code.

False, unless you just mean RunString but that's just gmod? You can't just run anything on a client anyway, there is a blacklist for security reasons.

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: The Trabant's driving speed is slower than running. This causes the Trabant to be unable to roadkill players walking in the same direction.

Probably true at some point, probably not anymore as the trabant was buffed and run speed was reduced some time ago.

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: The server's tick rate is dependent on player count via the following formula:
Code:
max(1/66, playerCount * 0.05 / 66)
. Essentially the more players join, the slower the server calculates in order not to overheat or crash. This is what makes the game feel "laggy" with many players online.

False

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: The list of banned props includes a now non-existent prop called "tranq_scope10" which was the scope used on tranquilisers. It was removed when scopes where integrated into the SWEPs themselves instead of using a different prop.

False

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: Some playermodels only had HITGROUP_GENERIC. These were getting the same amount of damage from a headshot as from all other areas and gave players a huge PvP advantage.

True, it still exists even today. Kevlar has been disabled on those models to balance it, as we can't really edit them all (some are just very broken).

(01-30-2023, 12:10 PM)Arkten Wrote: 5 facts, 5 lies. Tell me which is which.

I got 6/4, don't really know which one is wrong.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Fact: Resizing one of the plastic bottle props crashes the server.
(01-30-2023, 07:27 PM)Pollux Wrote: I got 6/4, don't really know which one is wrong.

Please don't tell me, I am the only one...

Spoiler :
[Image: 1hB9Vq2.png]

The following 2 users Like Arkten's post:
  • Pollux, Doctor Internet
back in 2016, I used to have a smoke prop that acted like a smoke grenade and in raids I used to throw them down for the fun of it
Wolven

(01-31-2023, 09:19 PM)Arkten Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 07:27 PM)Pollux Wrote: I got 6/4, don't really know which one is wrong.

Spoiler :

did this happen? people could just put my name on shit atp and i would just assume it did so
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • Pollux, Joe Joe
You can still spawn a certain prop underneath someone and it's gonna launch them into air, killing them with fall damage.
~ Equinox ~
(02-01-2023, 01:19 PM)Wolven Wrote: back in 2016, I used to have a smoke prop that acted like a smoke grenade and in raids I used to throw them down for the fun of it

I wiped an entire raid with this Smile
The following 2 users Like Ranger's post:
  • Wolven, Pinky
(02-01-2023, 02:18 PM)Divey Wrote:

Spoiler :

did this happen? people could just put my name on shit atp and i would just assume it did so

i can confirm the gamemode is spaghetti code and i had to sign an nda, but now it's leaked i guess i can speak on it now? divey, what you put me through was inhumane and you know it. this was a terrible gaslighting attempt.

i had two instances of law enforcement contacting me (i wouldn't be surprised if i get another after this post) for breaching some of the absurd clauses that were proposed in that document.

most of the clauses were reasonable, but apparently creating a back door for safety reasons (if there's a fire at the front door, the back door would act as a fire escape) breached the agreement. because of this, divey informed the relevant authorities and my house was raided. i was forcefully sent to a psych ward where they dosed me with some hallucinogen and kept flashing pictures of awestruck on the screen until i conformed and agreed to become a law-abiding development slave.

to this day, i am traumatised and almost every time i close my eyes at night, i enter a state of sleep paralysis and i see awestruck at the end of my bed with an evil smile telling me to return to the development team. all developers had to sell their soul to fearless (note the founder's name) and i wasn't an exception. the devil doesn't appear with a pitchfork and horns, he appears as an upstanding member of society offering you everything you could ever want (increased prop limit and a green physgun) in exchange for your soul.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • Wolven

Spoiler: Quoted Thread
(02-08-2023, 01:03 AM)James Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 02:18 PM)Divey Wrote:

Spoiler :

i can confirm the gamemode is spaghetti code and i had to sign an nda, but now it's leaked i guess i can speak on it now? divey, what you put me through was inhumane and you know it. this was a terrible gaslighting attempt.

i had two instances of law enforcement contacting me (i wouldn't be surprised if i get another after this post) for breaching some of the absurd clauses that were proposed in that document.

most of the clauses were reasonable, but apparently creating a back door for safety reasons (if there's a fire at the front door, the back door would act as a fire escape) breached the agreement. because of this, divey informed the relevant authorities and my house was raided. i was forcefully sent to a psych ward where they dosed me with some hallucinogen and kept flashing pictures of awestruck on the screen until i conformed and agreed to become a law-abiding development slave.

to this day, i am traumatised and almost every time i close my eyes at night, i enter a state of sleep paralysis and i see awestruck at the end of my bed with an evil smile telling me to return to the development team. all developers had to sell their soul to fearless (note the founder's name) and i wasn't an exception. the devil doesn't appear with a pitchfork and horns, he appears as an upstanding member of society offering you everything you could ever want (increased prop limit and a green physgun) in exchange for your soul.

Don't say backdoor too loud, you might wake up Mavis.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy