Future of FL
(12-16-2022, 09:52 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 06:29 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 05:15 PM)Colonel Burger Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 05:03 PM)Fultz Wrote: It’s been almost three weeks, are we going to get an update post soon? Would like to know what has been done so far.

u wanna buy a gun?

My guy! 

Thanks. I thought I might be the only one who saw my post there for the past two days.

I'm sorry you didn't get a response straight away, the original plan hasn't changed:

(11-26-2022, 08:14 PM)Pollux Wrote:
We’ll be posting dev blogs showing off our progress on an irregular schedule while we’re down.

We'll post stuff when there's enough to show visually, there's no set schedule. Just be patient.

Dont take this the wrong way, but the way you word that implies that you have no visual progress in three weeks. I hope that is not that case. You should be posting updates for all implementations added to show positive progress.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • willy whacker, Yonno, aDisabledDeer, Floodify
(12-17-2022, 04:33 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 09:52 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 06:29 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 05:15 PM)Colonel Burger Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 05:03 PM)Fultz Wrote: It’s been almost three weeks, are we going to get an update post soon? Would like to know what has been done so far.

u wanna buy a gun?

My guy!

Thanks. I thought I might be the only one who saw my post there for the past two days.

I'm sorry you didn't get a response straight away, the original plan hasn't changed:

(11-26-2022, 08:14 PM)Pollux Wrote:
We’ll be posting dev blogs showing off our progress on an irregular schedule while we’re down.

We'll post stuff when there's enough to show visually, there's no set schedule. Just be patient.

Dont take this the wrong way, but the way you word that implies that you have no visual progress in three weeks. I hope that is not that case. You should be posting updates for all implementations added to show positive progress.

There isn't any point in us making a dev blog that is primarily just text, most just want to see things so we'll wait until we have enough content there. "Visual" things are usually the last to be done for each feature, so there isn't enough to justify a dev blog yet.

Not having enough things to visually show is very different from not having any progress. It'll be some time till the first dev blog, after that it should be quicker though as a lot of initial hurdles should be solved. It's also important to remember we're only working on this in our free time and December is usually a pretty busy time for many.

I understand if people are eager to see stuff, however, it will take some time as mentioned in the announcement. We're taking the time to do things properly rather than rushing it, as there isn't much to gain from trying to be quick.

We'll announce anything on all platforms so don't worry too much about missing stuff, enjoy the holidays and hopefully we'll have something to show after.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Your gonna need something with a big big bang.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Doormat18, aDisabledDeer
(12-17-2022, 09:09 PM)Marty Wrote: This is pretty much the nail in the coffin. The more time  passes the more people forget and move on.

Your gonna need something with a big big bang.

I get your point, but by the looks of it, we've still got people checking in on the forums regularly, even if nothing's happening (I'm guilty of this).

There's pretty much always a way out of any situation, given the right moves.

But it's certain that whatever is required to fix this situation will require a completely accurate view of the world, and the actual issues at play, and top class analysis, deliberation, planning, execution, and effort.

Doing something like this right takes time, and I don't believe it should be rushed, or done out of sequence for the sake of speed, and trying to avert fatigue, that may or may not exist. The cost/reward likely wouldn't be worth it, as this is our last chance.

I think we all need to give the team space, and trust them to make the right announcements when they're ready. I don't think there's much else we can do that will help.

Though, I do appreciate there's a balance between quietly working on a master plan, and apathy.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 8 users Like Link's post:
  • Lewwings, Pollux, VIVZZ, Boonan, Self, Joe Joe, BlueBlitz22, Envy
(12-09-2022, 08:54 AM)Pollux Wrote: The current rules are in place to create a balanced and fair gameplay experience, and we believe that maintaining these rules is necessary for the health and sustainability of the server. Many of them are in place for a reason and it would not be in the best interest of anyone for us to just disregard most of them. While I'm sure some could argue that it would be entertaining for a week or so, it's just not the experience we want players to have. We want to try and reduce toxicity, this would only increase it.

(12-09-2022, 08:54 AM)Pollux Wrote: Many of them are in place for a reason and it would not be in the best interest of anyone for us to just disregard most of them.

I think both of us can agree many of the rules are in place for a reason - all of them of course are.
But with such a dwindling population it might be worth reconsidering some that severely impact how you build bases, raid Etc.

By the way, who's "best interest" are you talking about? It might be worth considering - because there isn't a lot of reference on the server.

(12-09-2022, 08:54 AM)Pollux Wrote: While I'm sure some could argue that it would be entertaining for a week or so, it's just not the experience we want players to have.

It would certainly be entertaining. But nothing would be perfect that week. Point is you would try to adjust a ruleset as you realise inherent problems. I honestly don't think anyone knows for sure what experience the non-existent player base wants to have? Stuff needs to be tried out and tested - this is just a suggestion.

(12-09-2022, 08:54 AM)Pollux Wrote: We want to try and reduce toxicity, this would only increase it.

I think we need to be honest of what kind of player base we are catering to;

Garry´s Mod is mainly compromised of 14 - 30 year old guys. I have never encountered a game with more hostility and insults in my life.

Allowing most toxicity would probably benefit the playercount short and long-term.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • willy whacker
It makes me very happy to see some of you are still around. Whether that be staff, forum lurkers, etc.

It's not uncommon that development teams don't announce dates or teasers this early in their development stage. They did the right thing to take their time with this. I'm honestly surprised FL isn't shut down for good at this point, or transferred to GTA RP.
Thank you for at least trying to "fix" the game somehow.

Nagging and being negative, as if this is a heated political debate, gets us nowhere. I doubt most of the people posting were playing the game at all in recent times anyway. Why does downtime matter? There are plenty of other games and things to do in the meantime.

I'm wishing the best of luck to the staff team with this. I hope the changes will be good enough for a revisit in the near future.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 13 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Jessixa, Boonan, Awestruck, jhayw, Wolven, VIVZZ, Caesar, Pollux, Lewwings, Self, Link, Archer
If the update isn't reverting racism and other offensive language to be allowed on the server I don't see the point carrying on you may as well shut this place down.
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • willy whacker
(12-09-2022, 06:14 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 02:35 PM)[FL:RP] Apple Wrote: Interesting

Is this the real Apple??
Maybe  Devil
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:77252893&b=7]
(12-09-2022, 08:01 PM)Forgee Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 02:35 PM)[FL:RP] Apple Wrote: Interesting

omg apple long time no see
Nice to see you again  Cool
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:77252893&b=7]