Future of FL
(12-01-2022, 05:13 PM)Disastrous Wrote: Keep it shut off for good, the server will stay dead until you fix this >

[Image: fcb2ac72f59d49856a17c39bc663a8f1.png]
The most optimistic Fearless RP community member
The following 2 users Like Forgee's post:
  • RaZZ, Doormat18
(11-27-2022, 08:02 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote: "toxicity on the forums" 
bro we have 0 players, what are you even on about

If anything giving mods and janitors further validation in random and over-sensitive ego based "moderation actions" does precisely the opposite of making FearlessRP an attractive space to fuck around, roleplay, make friends and create memories at. 

Garry's Mod as a whole isn't what it used to be:

[Image: 6a4a0a86bcc5f598d34c85c0d9f50c29.png]
[Image: 47a3fad7eaf2392f0295c3821c23f76f.png]

Player count information + achievement unlock rates tell us two things:

1) Total player activity dropped to under half of in the previous years of a much more active FL and game overall; 
2) Garry's Mod hardly attracts new players as evidenced by achievement rates lower than in 2009, FearlessRP is one of the spaces that suffers the most because new players or casual gmod visitors have no reason to join an empty server.

These two premises mean that gmod players are mostly OLD players that hang around in their niche roleplay communities & game modes (just look at how many replies in this thread come from "veterans"). FLRP already had 1 successful and unlikely revival under previous management through total deletion of bans and ban records, but I doubt FL's ban list pool is even big enough as of now to really make a huge difference this time. Banned players who weren't hacking aside, new chances are always welcomed in long enough timeframes, but its more likely the userbase as a whole has moved on.

Rather than tightening the social laws and narrowing the window of acceptable tone, you should be accompanying the aesthetic & mechanical improvements that you speak of with the polar opposite of that. Create an environment akin more to 2012-13 FLRP and allow gray area, quirky, spontaneous roleplays and attitudes, so you can actually get creative personalities to stick around whilst carving their own little space in the community- otherwise there's no reason for players of all ranges of roleplaying experience to try out and continue to hop on our servers.

If you enable circlejerking or give whiny fruitcakes the high ground FL relapses into being a space of tired crybabies and small social cliques that nobody can nor wishes to break into. Tired crybabies and social cliques that barely play the game at all, make up no consistent player numbers, and therefore never allow FL:RP's servers to reach the critical mass necessary for the community to have its own organic gravitational pull that in freer times snowballed into a healthy space with a healthy fine balance of newbies and veterans.

The active communities out there have stood the test of time, FL can take it's righteous place in those ranks if its management looks beyond the cavernous walls of where the sun don't shine. Be better than the average mod team rather than the poster child of today's mod memes!

EDIT: and for the love of Christ bring back evocity_v2d
This "giant map where the community barely interacts" meme is half the fcking problem

This.
Quote:Rather than tightening the social laws and narrowing the window of acceptable tone, you should be accompanying the aesthetic & mechanical improvements that you speak of with the polar opposite of that. Create an environment akin more to 2012-13 FLRP and allow gray area, quirky, spontaneous roleplays and attitudes, so you can actually get creative personalities to stick around whilst carving their own little space in the community- otherwise there's no reason for players of all ranges of roleplaying experience to try out and continue to hop on our servers.

I agree with this.

A great example is the hate JoshZ, Dimitris etc. have gotten - that's fine.
But I don't think it warrants to remove them from the server. I think these players brought more RP dynamic than we realize.

Their doomforts, activity in the OOC and raiding made the server engaging. Truth is we have always had players like these - it's just the staff back then who were better at handling such people.

The rules have also gradually become more and more strict - just making the staff more conceited in their decision to limit these players.

Controversial opinion, I know.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(12-04-2022, 02:29 PM)Haarek Wrote:
Quote:Rather than tightening the social laws and narrowing the window of acceptable tone, you should be accompanying the aesthetic & mechanical improvements that you speak of with the polar opposite of that. Create an environment akin more to 2012-13 FLRP and allow gray area, quirky, spontaneous roleplays and attitudes, so you can actually get creative personalities to stick around whilst carving their own little space in the community- otherwise there's no reason for players of all ranges of roleplaying experience to try out and continue to hop on our servers.

I agree with this.

A great example is the hate JoshZ, Dimitris etc. have gotten - that's fine.
But I don't think it warrants to remove them from the server. I think these players brought more RP dynamic than we realize.

Their doomforts, activity in the OOC and raiding made the server engaging. Truth is we have always had players like these - it's just the staff back then who were better at handling such people.

The rules have also gradually become more and more strict - just making the staff more conceited in their decision to limit these players.

Controversial opinion, I know.

I'd argue the opposite actually. Many years ago the staff were a lot stricter especially on punishment and the attitudes of the aforementioned players, and then, as the years went on we as a team agreed to act more leniently towards players in an aim to retain more of them - in hindsight this proved a bad idea.

The rules we've reimplemented are things users use to be punished for with no written rules in place. Toxicity adds nothing to the community and many valuable players have left because of mistreatment they've received from community members. If you can't play the server without being an asshole, don't play at all. It really is that simple. New players who want a unique roleplaying experience won't want to stick around if they see a toxic cesspit.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: I'd argue the opposite actually. Many years ago the staff were a lot stricter especially on punishment and the attitudes of the aforementioned players, and then, as the years went on we as a team agreed to act more leniently towards players in an aim to retain more of them - in hindsight this proved a bad idea.

Of course it depends highly on what time we are talking about. I am more referencing an FL in 2011 - 2012 - 2013.

(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: The rules we've reimplemented are things users use to be punished for with no written rules in place.

[quote="Joe Joe" pid="885646" dateline="1670171678"]
Toxicity adds nothing to the community and many valuable players have left because of mistreatment they've received from community members.

But is it such a big problem that those people leave? When I play FL I want to shoot, raid, do police brutality, cause arguments, tie up people, grow weed and print money.

Those people who leave - need to be able to separate a game from reality.
And it's a problem - because on FL we tend to consider IC as ingame and in-character, while OOC is the real person. But that isn't the case. It's all just a game. All games are like this. You don't take stuff personal. If you do - you need to get fresh air and real friends. Sorry.

(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: If you can't play the server without being an asshole, don't play at all. It really is that simple. New players who want a unique roleplaying experience won't want to stick around if they see a toxic cesspit.

I am sorry, but I disagree. I think a lot of people come to play for the gameplay.
The killing, the drug dealing, the police brutality, the hostage situations, arms dealing, car accidents and nexus raids. That includes bad words and fowl play.

That's me looking objectively on the situation, and I am sure many agree.
Visit my profile here.
(12-04-2022, 05:45 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: I'd argue the opposite actually. Many years ago the staff were a lot stricter especially on punishment and the attitudes of the aforementioned players, and then, as the years went on we as a team agreed to act more leniently towards players in an aim to retain more of them - in hindsight this proved a bad idea.

Of course it depends highly on what time we are talking about. I am more referencing an FL in 2011 - 2012 - 2013.

(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: The rules we've reimplemented are things users use to be punished for with no written rules in place.

(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Toxicity adds nothing to the community and many valuable players have left because of mistreatment they've received from community members.

But is it such a big problem that those people leave? When I play FL I want to shoot, raid, do police brutality, cause arguments, tie up people, grow weed and print money.

Those people who leave - need to be able to separate a game from reality.
And it's a problem - because on FL we tend to consider IC as ingame and in-character, while OOC is the real person. But that isn't the case. It's all just a game. All games are like this. You don't take stuff personal. If you do - you need to get fresh air and real friends. Sorry.

(12-04-2022, 04:34 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: If you can't play the server without being an asshole, don't play at all. It really is that simple. New players who want a unique roleplaying experience won't want to stick around if they see a toxic cesspit.

I am sorry, but I disagree. I think a lot of people come to play for the gameplay.
The killing, the drug dealing, the police brutality, the hostage situations, arms dealing, car accidents and nexus raids. That includes bad words and fowl play.

Everything you've just said I completely disagree with. People shouldn't expect to come to Fearless to get harassed and bullied. That just isn't fun for them, and its something that's gone on for so long and has resulted in very valuable members of the community feeling pushed out. This isn't a Call of Duty or CSGO lobby where you can scream your profanities to your hearts content, it's meant to be a roleplay server. By all means make your character an asshole in-character, to a degree, but most of the time this goes way beyond being solely in character. Just because the internet can be toxic it doesn't mean we should allow it.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Jessixa
(12-04-2022, 05:52 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Everything you've just said I completely disagree with. People shouldn't expect to come to Fearless to get harassed and bullied. That just isn't fun for them, and its something that's gone on for so long and has resulted in very valuable members of the community feeling pushed out. This isn't a Call of Duty or CSGO lobby where you can scream your profanities to your hearts content, it's meant to be a roleplay server. By all means make your character an asshole in-character, to a degree, but most of the time this goes way beyond being solely in character. Just because the internet can be toxic it doesn't mean we should allow it.

And that is perfectly fine view to have. And I completely understand it.

However that is not what makes FL exciting.

Spoiler :
I need to be clear - that not everything should be allowed. There are limits.

Visit my profile here.
(12-04-2022, 05:45 PM)Haarek Wrote:

AggressiveRP != Toxicity, they're two different things. You've picked out some of the most toxic aggRP players, but they weren't the only aggRP players. They weren't even a majority of the players, they just seem like it because they're known for how toxic and loud they were. You can have all the things you've listed and also enforce a healthy environment. It's very short-sighted to allow toxic players to remain, as they end up pushing away more players than they bring.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-04-2022, 07:11 PM)Pollux Wrote: AggressiveRP != Toxicity

And thus it's now banned.

Don't believe me?
- Try and join the server right now with the intent of doing AggRP, bet you can't join. Wink
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 2 users Like RIC0H's post:
  • Pollux, Doctor Internet
Good luck guys Smile Smile Smile