Future of FL
(11-27-2022, 03:37 PM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 02:56 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 01:36 PM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 12:54 PM)Conn Wrote: -Snip-

I do have a question for you relating to your statement if you can so kindly give me your time. Is what you want a team effort or a dictatorial regime? Because your point seems to indicate you want an active Owner (which is a reasonable request), but even with an active Owner that shouldn't majorly change the outcome of decisions - unless of course that new Owner decided to sideline the entire opinion of Management. I know Conn's heart is with Fearless because he's still involved with the decisions. However, as a business, and as a management team decisions can be made without Conn, but as of current all major decisions have had Conns input and approval.

As a management team we have the benefit of something that one sole individual does not - we produce real criticised change. Do you no think that everything we've done in the past months hasn't received internal scrutiny until we've all reached what we deem the best outcome - which is a more balanced and reasonable perspective. 

Everyone has their own, what I call, "head-cannon" for what Fearless should be. But I guarantee that if you put anyone in the position Conn is in and make them Owner and tell them to just go for it, nothing would change. Maybe you'd get a few players for a few weeks but then you'd end up at square one.

Equally, the candidates I know you'd like to takeover would end up resulting in all that's left of competency resigning. I doubt any team members, including our Developers would remain under any of these deity's that seems to have the hearts of the vocal minority.

If you can't tell the difference between a team effort or a dictatorial regime, and having the owner show himself, I have no idea how you can call yourself "Ruthlessly competent"..... Smile 

It's the sign value that the owner appears, and shows us that he cares too and just isnt a financial consultant, only here to receive donation money and paying for the services. I'm surprised how you try to cover for Conn's absence. 

And yet again, you show what you always do. You're saying that if theres a change in ownership, "all thats left of competency resigning". You're really driving mad brother. this is the issue that Abodigamer is talking about - Your little own friend circle who thinks you're the best and any changes would kill Fearless (It's already dead). 

Fearless died becuase Divey left the community and did nothing. Now Conn's doing the same thing. if you think you can just grab the owner role and think you're just a financial support lifeline, you're wrong. If it was that easy, Divey and Soulripper could still be around. 

I know you would resign if Conn resigned - But that dosent mean "The remaining competency" leaving.... Smile 

It's clear in this thread that i'm not the only one having issues with the team, and have no hopes for it. I really hoped Conn would be different than Divey, but I was wrong. There's a lot of people, old schoolers aswell, that would like to take over and do this way better than Conn. You can't just purchase the community and dip. The owner is supposed to be around, and lead us through tough times. Can't just run off like a scared cat...That's incompetency. Which means lack of physical or intellectual ability or qualifications. And I don't think Conn is qualified for ownership with that attitude. I'm not saying Conn should run his own dictatorship and decide everything - I haven't said that at all. What i'm saying is he should be AROUND and motivate the rest of us to be here too...If he's not around, and the signal he sends is he don't care - Why should we spend time on Fearless? 

If you really think it dosen't make a difference that the owner is around, then I'm surprised you can advertise yourself as competent.

Edit:
Divey. You put us in this situation. I don't think youre the one to come up with suggestions right now.

EditEdit: the fact you see your players as the vocal minority, really says something about you. I think you would benefit from crawling down from your throne for a little while buddyb. And as you can see - the staff teams posts are only liked by....the staff team. You dont really have the support from the community. Wonder why?

Thank you for your passive-aggressiveness it's really appreciated! All I'm trying to indicate here is that with Conn being more present what would change would probably be very minor. Conn is present behind the scenes when we need him. Just because he's not publicly here making posts 24/7 it doesn't make him in his position redundant.

Many members of the community who you see constantly making remarks are the vocal ones. Those who are less vocal rarely say much - as has been the case for years. In terms of spending time on Fearless a good chunk of those who very vocally spread their 'gospel' don't play and haven't bothered playing for years - even when changes they wanted came in to effect. With the information I have available you haven't yourself actually. Only playing 150 hours over the last 5 years.

No-one in this community can truly be 'qualified' for the position of Owner, its a position someone has to take up and do to the best of their ability. Also in regards to liking posts, if we're getting that petty now, the staff tend to like eachothers posts on the grounds that they agree with what is being said. A unified team is a marvellous thing to have - and this team is one of the most unified we've had in years. Something I can competently say seeing as I've been part of it for nearly 5 years.

How about we stop digging around for the most insignificant irrelevant points possible and use that energy and dedication that you clearly have to suggest well-thought out suggestions that could actually help Fearless instead of bashing every single thing the team does, when its clear the team do have Fearless best interest in mind.
The following 5 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Self, gin, Boonan, Pollux, MasterNoda
(11-27-2022, 01:44 AM)Boonan Wrote: I think we should pull all of our resources and remaining assets to League of Legends tbh, that will stop the disagreements.
shut up please
The following 3 users Like User 19014's post:
  • Self, gin, VIVZZ
I'm very much looking forward to seeing these updates implimented and finished, hopefully these upcoming updates will give the server the revival it needs and will help to cater for new players that are coming in, encouraging them to stick around. 

Also I don't understand all of the hate towards these updates and the staff team. Especially considering most of the hate is coming from old players who haven't played in years.

The following 5 users Like NEMxDman's post:
  • gin, Boonan, Pollux, Jessixa, MasterNoda
Jan
[Image: epic-spongebob.gif]
The following 2 users Like livkx's post:
  • Luna, Falcon
(11-27-2022, 04:38 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: No-one in this community can truly be 'qualified' for the position of Owner

i can. i would spend all donation money on big breasted anime cat girl twitch streamers to get them to play the server. then all the tragic simps like arny would join to try and garner a slither of communication with them. server would be constantly full. thank me later.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 15 users Like Zecon's post:
  • livkx, Pollux, Joe Joe, Conn, Self, Luna, Caesar, gin, Awestruck, tgn, Lewwings, Boonan, Doctor Internet, MasterNoda, mintblackbeard
(11-27-2022, 06:36 PM)Zecon Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 04:38 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: No-one in this community can truly be 'qualified' for the position of Owner

i can. i would spend all donation money on big breasted anime cat girl twitch streamers to get them to play the server. then all the tragic simps like arny would join to try and garner a slither of communication with them. server would be constantly full. thank me later.

this is why I’m completely in love with you
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Zecon
Regardless of what happens next, Fearless has had quite a run. Personally I've enjoyed the last 5-6 years here and am glad I joined all those years ago, some friendships I've made on here I value deeply and I would be lesser without them.

To think that we all have our own lives, interests, commitments, and experiences and all of us decided to join this specific community on a physics sandbox mod, stick around, and participate in it long-term (a decade long commitment for some folks) is really an amazing achievement on every individual's part.

I think it would be childish of me to bash those who, despite a great toxicity, still want to try and keep the community going in the face of such nihilism - so instead I just want to say "good luck" to the development team as they try to construct a new future for Fearless.

Here's to whatever that future brings, and stay classy folks.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 7 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • gin, Boonan, Self, Pollux, NEMxDman, VIVZZ, Equinox
If everyone roleplayed then we wouldn't have this issue smh
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Boonan's post:
  • Lewwings
Conn isn't going anywhere and we're pushing forward with this plan as a team. Let's stop with this long tangent about who should be owner and instead focus on what actually matters; the plan itself and any questions people may have related to it is the important thing here.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Best of luck, honestly. I know it takes a lot to revive a community, but if all of you have a set plan now and everyone is on board, I’m wishing you all the best.

It’s like having a pickaxe and trying to take down, piece by piece a boulder. Not a task everyone dares to try but if one day, we all could come on gmod, and see FL has 80 players on, it would have all been worth it.

I also think there is maybe an upside to this dead community. It now gives the staff team the development freedom they choose, with the suggestions of actual members who care, the projects they’d like. There is nothing really to lose, so if you feel this plan you created is good, go for it. The sky is the limit.

Respectfully, I hold very similar opinions to what a lot of the “older” members share and do agree with points said on here. But enough with all the negativity, it goes no where. If I had to sit here and figure how to revive a game mode, and then went on the forums to see constant negativity, I’d be worn out, done with it.

If you have ideas, share them. If you have constructive criticism, speak up respectfully. Anything other than that, just stop posting, it’s like watching children argue and scream over something that isn’t that serious. Sure you’re entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, but what good are they if the sole purpose of those opinions are to tear people down, or ruin the vibe?

I find if a bit funny for anyone, including myself to come on here and undermine every decision that’s made. There is not a single person here that can say they’re an active member on the server because I see the numbers every day, sitting at 0. So if you’re not an active member, stop complaining so badly when decisions like these are made. You were never here to begin with, so how has this “inconvenience” your day?

Anyways, looking forward to trying something new out next year when released.
The following 6 users Like Rossi's post:
  • Pollux, Self, Doctor Internet, Boonan, VIVZZ, Marve Fleksnes