Future of FL
Why close the server?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Nadrickk, Blaz, ART, Julern
(11-27-2022, 12:37 AM)Haarek Wrote: Why close the server?

If I were to guess, it is to create a "hype" to give the population a jolt on the server. Everyone loves a grand reopening. Scary thing is I dont see them finishing these things by January and it just stays forever closed.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Haarek, Rossi
(11-26-2022, 11:42 PM)Nadrickk Wrote: I agree with the majority of the comments here.

No high hopes for the future with this staff/management team, which neither I can support. Conn made a sudden disappearance with a busy "career" all of the sudden, and yet we're back to the show; Pollux makes all the comments while the owner is gone. Sounds familiar? Hint: It's a repeating history of the majestic Divey.

I agree with Abodi.. Staff team covers itself. A valid AA where management clearly states that they can bend rules for their own benefit - But the players should just abide them with no exception. This is the MAJOR difference of the "Old" staff team, and the new one. Back then, everyone were at risk if they messed up. Now, it's a valid excuse "We have a responsibility, so we can bend a rule if we need to" - Then why have the rule to begin with, if its subjective anyways? Rules are there to be enforced OBJECTIVELY, but clearly they're now subjective.

And again we're back to the "We're working on something but we can't tell what and when". Transparency boys, that's what the community needed for so long. The good old "Behind closed doors"-mystery thing doesn't work anymore.

I know you think i'm biased but you can clearly see in this thread that the issue is not the server or gamemode (Partially, maybe) but the other half of the problem is the management.

I really had high hopes for a revival for FL, but it's clear to me (Although it hurts after spending so many hours and years on FL) that it's simply just a sinking ship. 2 months ago you had a caring, small playerbase that would do anything for FL. constant suggestions that you shot down, and now the forums empty, just as empty as the server. I guess people had enough of their ideas being shut down, with a negative-minded management, that had no intention to come up with ideas themselves. It was just constantly shot down. At last members gave up, and here's the graveyard.
I hope my post dosen't break the new subjective rule. Good luck.

The person who posts the thread doesn't matter, this post is from everyone in management not just myself. Our current plan has been discussed with everyone in the team, with us having both a team and management meeting over it. Everything we're doing is also supported and voted by the community, otherwise we wouldn't be doing it. We're also being transparent and have laid out bullet points of what we want to achieve before our relaunch, so I'm not quite sure why you believe we're keeping things "behind closed doors".

I understand if some don't like the direction we're going in, it's always going to be impossible to please everyone. The best we can do is go with what most people want, which is exactly what we're doing rather than continuing with the "reverts" that a vocal minority wanted. Nothing is guaranteed to work, but this is likely the current best chance of succeeding and we're committed to deliver on it. I'm sorry if you believe nothing can be done, I can only hope to prove you wrong.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-27-2022, 12:27 AM)Fultz Wrote: I just don't see how any of those "things we're looking at" bring any players on the server.

Getting people on isn't the core issue, it's retaining them. We have an extremely low new player retention rate which we hope to resolve with our guide system and interaction system. The other updates are focused on building upon feedback we got from the economy update or removing game mode limitations, which in turn allows us to do so much more. Things like the inventory refactor may not seem significant, but they actually unlock a ton of possibilities for us that simply wasn't possible before such as vehicle inventories, uses on items and so much more.

Ultimately there isn't any guaranteed way to "bring players on", the best way for us to achieve that is to ensure we have a competitive and fun experience compared to other servers, which gives new players a reason to stick around and older players a reason to continue playing. New players are ultimately the biggest goal for us here.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
An idea that may or may not be good:

Make it so you can only build on the build server, then you can import the creation into the RP server.
(ie) Disallow building/physgun/prop spawning (but allow pasting) on the RP server.

As I typed that I realised it would be negative against new players, but on the plus side it would completely stop prop minging and actually give the build server a purpose.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(11-27-2022, 12:30 AM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 12:06 AM)Kingstone Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 11:42 PM)Nadrickk Wrote: I agree with the majority of the comments here.

No high hopes for the future with this staff/management team, which neither I can support. Conn made a sudden disappearance with a busy "career" all of the sudden, and yet we're back to the show; Pollux makes all the comments while the owner is gone. Sounds familiar? Hint: It's a repeating history of the majestic Divey.

Imagine scoffing at someone prioritizing their actual income stream over a roleplay server

I'm not. But why buy and aqquire Fearless if you don't have time? I'm not scoffing him over prioritizing their actual income, i'm dissapointed with the fact that people (Both Divey and Conn) get their hands on Fearless, promise new heights with the community, then a month later dissapears for good because they had a SUDDEN change in their carreer. It's quite insulting towards the dedicated playerbase that only wish the best for Fearless, to just let it down after such a short time. If you already now, a few months into ownership already realize you're too busy, maybe you should sell it again to someone who DOES have time.

Edit: And real job or not - You have a role where people depend on you - Why stay, if you don't have time? There's so many people in line who want to do the best to their abillity, and sacrifise the time needed. It's not really fair to let peopel down becuase it's not your primary income, is it? Specially when there's people in line who want to do it better.

Just out of curiosity, what do you expect Conn to do? It ultimately doesn't make much of a difference if he posted this thread or if I did, as everything is discussed as a team anyway and everyone gets input. Conn isn't a one man army who can do everything, so I'm not quite sure what you expect him to be doing if he wasn't busy with his job? An owner swap wouldn't make a difference as that isn't the bottleneck. Making decisions and coming up with a plan is the easy part, actually doing them is much harder and there's very little an owner can do on their own.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
So many of you people have no idea how the world works. People have lives outside of a fucking role-playing server on a game from 2006. Most of you don't play anymore because you got bored of role-playing or gmod role-playing in general, but LOVE to talk about how "Just do (thing that will take months to make) to see if it works!!!!!!". This shit is being done FOR FREE. There is simply not nearly enough from donations to fund a dedicated development effort. But sure, keep insulting the only people still motivated to try to improve things and get the community interested. None of you can agree on what you want, I guarantee the current devs have put far more time into figuring out what is possible improving, but you all expect the work of a fully funded dev team as if its their job. Oh no, the devs aren't putting all of their time into a dead server with a community that hates them. What a fucking shocker.

Ask any of the copycat servers how well making their own ideas went for them. Most of you who think you know much better can't create something people enjoy, but you are fine just attacking the character of people who are trying to help this dying community and try to forge something that the majority will maybe enjoy.

Edit:

If you honestly think you have an idea that is worth developing, and you wish to actually contribute towards that idea, you could reach out and look into contributing through volunteer dev work.

Everyone has an idea of what their perfect roleplaying server is, I'm sorry we do not have infinite resources to create each version for each type of player. We can only work off what is possible with VERY limited resources and what we get from community opinion, which is taken into account FAR MORE than many of you would seem to believe.

Remember: This is being done for free, and we had two previous owners who were absolute leeches and got us in this situation.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 12 users Like MasterNoda's post:
  • Boonan, mintblackbeard, Slaint, Blaz, Caesar, Toe Shmicki, Self, Doctor Internet, Joe Joe, Awestruck, livkx, Rossi
(11-27-2022, 01:14 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Imagine scoffing at someone prioritizing their actual income stream over a roleplay server

I'm not. But why buy and aqquire Fearless if you don't have time? I'm not scoffing him over prioritizing their actual income, i'm dissapointed with the fact that people (Both Divey and Conn) get their hands on Fearless, promise new heights with the community, then a month later dissapears for good because they had a SUDDEN change in their carreer. It's quite insulting towards the dedicated playerbase that only wish the best for Fearless, to just let it down after such a short time. If you already now, a few months into ownership already realize you're too busy, maybe you should sell it again to someone who DOES have time.

Edit: And real job or not - You have a role where people depend on you - Why stay, if you don't have time? There's so many people in line who want to do the best to their abillity, and sacrifise the time needed. It's not really fair to let peopel down becuase it's not your primary income, is it? Specially when there's people in line who want to do it better.

Just out of curiosity, what do you expect Conn to do? It ultimately doesn't make much of a difference if he posted this thread or if I did, as everything is discussed as a team anyway and everyone gets input. Conn isn't a one man army who can do everything, so I'm not quite sure what you expect him to be doing if he wasn't busy with his job? An owner swap wouldn't make a difference as that isn't the bottleneck. Making decisions and coming up with a plan is the easy part, actually doing them is much harder and there's very little an owner can do on their own.

It's a sign, and very early on he disappeared. He admitted himself that he got busy with his real life. I'm not mad he didnt post this thread. What I refered to earlier was, we mainly see you post on the forums as the only one trying to keep it going while everyone else dissapeared, just like with divey. 

Did you see how quick people gathered around FL as soon as Divey went away and Conn came back? Becuase people need someone to look up to and to follow, and a person with the "Owner"-title definitely is someone you follow and listen to. But then again, very early on people started to question where Conn went, and suddenly we had no community updates or anyhthing from him, while Fearless had 0 players for a very long time. It dosen't make a difference wheter he made this post or not. But it's a sign and a signal, that the owner takes responabillity and owns up to his role. An owner should make an apperance and show that he's around. It's a signal value. 

If he's not visible for the community it automatically means we get an idea that he's gone and not active. And I know for a fact there's very competent people around that really would like to take over Fearless and work hard for this to succeed, which also includes being around the community, and not setting sails on auto-pilot and leave it to management... 

Don't have time to be around? Change in command. If it was enough to just make decisions in behind the carpet and not be seen, we would have no problem having Soulripper as owner still, or even Divey. But that's not the case..
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • MasterNoda
I think we should pull all of our resources and remaining assets to League of Legends tbh, that will stop the disagreements.
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Boonan's post:
  • MasterNoda, Wolven, Equinox
(11-27-2022, 01:38 AM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 01:14 AM)Pollux Wrote:

It's a sign, and very early on he disappeared. He admitted himself that he got busy with his real life. I'm not mad he didnt post this thread. What I refered to earlier was, we mainly see you post on the forums as the only one trying to keep it going while everyone else dissapeared, just like with divey. 

Did you see how quick people gathered around FL as soon as Divey went away and Conn came back? Becuase people need someone to look up to and to follow, and a person with the "Owner"-title definitely is someone you follow and listen to. But then again, very early on people started to question where Conn went, and suddenly we had no community updates or anyhthing from him, while Fearless had 0 players for a very long time. It dosen't make a difference wheter he made this post or not. But it's a sign and a signal, that the owner takes responabillity and owns up to his role. An owner should make an apperance and show that he's around. It's a signal value. 

If he's not visible for the community it automatically means we get an idea that he's gone and not active. And I know for a fact there's very competent people around that really would like to take over Fearless and work hard for this to succeed, which also includes being around the community, and not setting sails on auto-pilot and leave it to management... 

Don't have time to be around? Change in command. If it was enough to just make decisions in behind the carpet and not be seen, we would have no problem having Soulripper as owner still, or even Divey. But that's not the case..

Agree with this, the best thing for the community is an active owner, and one who can manage everything. I can tell you that Conn has been great for every bit of being an owner except for public activity. Improving on that, and communication on developments in general, should improve community morale I would hope. We will see if that is what happens going forward.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
The following 1 user Likes MasterNoda's post:
  • Nadrickk