Future of FL
(11-26-2022, 10:13 PM)Pollux Wrote: I promise you the staff team isn't just one friend group, we do really have a diverse group of people who don't always agree on each other on everything (that being a good thing, as different viewpoints are always beneficial to ensure you're making the right decision). Feel free to DM myself or anyone else in management if you want to talk about your concerns more, as I'm not aware of any particular incident you may be referring to.
Yeah so 80% of the server knows what I’m talking about but you and your friend group don’t ? Coincidence I don’t think so !
[Image: SHfSAas.png]
The following 1 user Likes Abodigamer's post:
  • Blaz
(11-26-2022, 10:16 PM)Abodigamer Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 10:13 PM)Pollux Wrote: I promise you the staff team isn't just one friend group, we do really have a diverse group of people who don't always agree on each other on everything (that being a good thing, as different viewpoints are always beneficial to ensure you're making the right decision). Feel free to DM myself or anyone else in management if you want to talk about your concerns more, as I'm not aware of any particular incident you may be referring to.
Yeah so 80% of the server knows what I’m talking about but you and your friend group don’t ? Coincidence I don’t think so !

I'm not aware of what you're referring to so I can't really add to it. We take things such as racism very seriously as we are a registered UK company and have a responsibility to safeguard users on our platform. We unfortunately can't do anything if you don't raise the issue to us. The team is far from my "friend group", so I'm not quite sure why you keep referring to it as such. It really couldn't be further from the truth.

I've reached out to you on discord to get more information as to what you're referring to, as I can't find anything about it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I am a fan of this.

The Team has literally tried so many ways to get FL back alive. They brought back nostalgia, made their own maps, tried to improve the user experience on the server, etc etc.. Fearless has a very experienced team (Most of them). The server is just in need of developers and managements that can focus 100% on Fearless right now. We can’t expect that they invest all of their free-time in FL. However - The one who wants to help and has time - that one should. Every help and support is now needed.
The Management team has made a conclusion and they will stick to that. And they should. So… I am sure that suggestions and ideas are now more than welcome from anyone instead of negative energy. 

This announcement is now Plan A and there is no Plan B. 

I wish you guys the best of luck.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 6 users Like RoCKy's post:
  • Pollux, Self, Boonan, Doctor Internet, VIVZZ, H. Waters
While you're making changes, you could also change the way AA cases are handled.

There was an AA thread that I recall where it happened like this:

AA thread made (that was valid) > the reported staff member quit (think they said they were busy or some crap like that) > AA thread was closed due to the reported staff member no longer being staff (closed but not concluded) > *few weeks later* > staff member returns (but the AA thread does not reopen)

Do think that happened twice to the same person (reported>quit>closed>returned) and I'm not going to name them, but that person is currently a staff member today.

So maybe in future you could conclude the AA instead of just closing it, and have it so it's on their "record" in case they decide to come back in a few weeks.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • Rowan13
(11-26-2022, 10:36 PM)RIC0H Wrote: While you're making changes, you could also change the way AA cases are handled.

There was an AA thread that I recall where it happened like this:

AA thread made (that was valid) > the reported staff member quit (think they said they were busy or some crap like that) > AA thread was closed due to the reported staff member no longer being staff (closed but not concluded) > *few weeks later* > staff member returns (but the AA thread does not reopen)

Do think that happened twice to the same person (reported>quit>closed>returned) and I'm not going to name them, but that person is currently a staff member today.

So maybe in future you could conclude the AA instead of just closing it, and have it so it's on their "record" in case they decide to come back in a few weeks.

This definitely isn't how we'd handle staff reports now, we always aim to be as fair as we can. We also keep a log of previous warnings/strikes, and have added them to staff members even after they've left if we find evidence of abuse. I am aware they've been weirdly done in the past, but there's not much we can do about how previous teams handled them.

This is the current strike thread: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=83582

We could definitely look into updating it, as it is quite messy.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Good luck - I hope I can enjoy on fl again at some point
The following 2 users Like Ausverkauft's post:
  • Pollux, ART
I agree with the majority of the comments here.

No high hopes for the future with this staff/management team, which neither I can support. Conn made a sudden disappearance with a busy "career" all of the sudden, and yet we're back to the show; Pollux makes all the comments while the owner is gone. Sounds familiar? Hint: It's a repeating history of the majestic Divey.

I agree with Abodi.. Staff team covers itself. A valid AA where management clearly states that they can bend rules for their own benefit - But the players should just abide them with no exception. This is the MAJOR difference of the "Old" staff team, and the new one. Back then, everyone were at risk if they messed up. Now, it's a valid excuse "We have a responsibility, so we can bend a rule if we need to" - Then why have the rule to begin with, if its subjective anyways? Rules are there to be enforced OBJECTIVELY, but clearly they're now subjective.

And again we're back to the "We're working on something but we can't tell what and when". Transparency boys, that's what the community needed for so long. The good old "Behind closed doors"-mystery thing doesn't work anymore.

I know you think i'm biased but you can clearly see in this thread that the issue is not the server or gamemode (Partially, maybe) but the other half of the problem is the management.

I really had high hopes for a revival for FL, but it's clear to me (Although it hurts after spending so many hours and years on FL) that it's simply just a sinking ship. 2 months ago you had a caring, small playerbase that would do anything for FL. constant suggestions that you shot down, and now the forums empty, just as empty as the server. I guess people had enough of their ideas being shut down, with a negative-minded management, that had no intention to come up with ideas themselves. It was just constantly shot down. At last members gave up, and here's the graveyard.
I hope my post dosen't break the new subjective rule. Good luck.
The following 6 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • TonettaFan #2319, Blaz, Rossi, Strike10, Falcon, Lewwings
(11-26-2022, 11:42 PM)Nadrickk Wrote: I agree with the majority of the comments here.

No high hopes for the future with this staff/management team, which neither I can support. Conn made a sudden disappearance with a busy "career" all of the sudden, and yet we're back to the show; Pollux makes all the comments while the owner is gone. Sounds familiar? Hint: It's a repeating history of the majestic Divey.

Imagine scoffing at someone prioritizing their actual income stream over a roleplay server
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 4 users Like gin's post:
  • Boonan, Toe Shmicki, Caesar, Doormat18
I just don't see how any of those "things we're looking at" bring any players on the server.
The following 5 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Nacreas, Blaz, ART, Rossi, Julern
(11-27-2022, 12:06 AM)Kingstone Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 11:42 PM)Nadrickk Wrote: I agree with the majority of the comments here.

Imagine scoffing at someone prioritizing their actual income stream over a roleplay server

I'm not. But why buy and aqquire Fearless if you don't have time? I'm not scoffing him over prioritizing their actual income, i'm dissapointed with the fact that people (Both Divey and Conn) get their hands on Fearless, promise new heights with the community, then a month later dissapears for good because they had a SUDDEN change in their carreer. It's quite insulting towards the dedicated playerbase that only wish the best for Fearless, to just let it down after such a short time. If you already now, a few months into ownership already realize you're too busy, maybe you should sell it again to someone who DOES have time.

Edit: And real job or not - You have a role where people depend on you - Why stay, if you don't have time? There's so many people in line who want to do the best to their abillity, and sacrifise the time needed. It's not really fair to let peopel down becuase it's not your primary income, is it? Specially when there's people in line who want to do it better.
The following 3 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • Rossi, Rowan13, Strike10