Future of FL
(01-16-2023, 11:50 AM)RoCKy Wrote: I was a fan of the coming change and I am still a fan. However - I must agree with others. It’s horrible that no announcement has been made for weeks. Its not about getting forward (if you are not getting forward right now). It’s about keeping the community alive and trying to have a ‚touch‘ to the players. FL can’t afford to lose even more interest and „hype“ - If you do not interact, keep the community updated, hyped, build up interest in the coming changes and such then the whole update you guys are working on is literally for almost nothing. Try to think of a better plan to just keep the community interested. Working on something and not being in touch with the community (in the sense of announcements, teaser trailers, etc) is very bad marketing.

Saves me writing it ^ this is exactly what I wanted to say and how it should have happened but instead Pollux is saying “forget about the community for a little while.”
[Image: FYJG4OF.png]
The following 1 user Likes Doormat18's post:
  • willy whacker
(01-15-2023, 05:15 PM)Haarek Wrote: What "I'm" working on. That's great. A one man team?

hot take

different people
can work
on different things.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
(01-16-2023, 02:10 PM)Doormat18 Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 11:50 AM)RoCKy Wrote: I was a fan of the coming change and I am still a fan. However - I must agree with others. It’s horrible that no announcement has been made for weeks. Its not about getting forward (if you are not getting forward right now). It’s about keeping the community alive and trying to have a ‚touch‘ to the players. FL can’t afford to lose even more interest and „hype“ - If you do not interact, keep the community updated, hyped, build up interest in the coming changes and such then the whole update you guys are working on is literally for almost nothing. Try to think of a better plan to just keep the community interested. Working on something and not being in touch with the community (in the sense of announcements, teaser trailers, etc) is very bad marketing.

Saves me writing it ^ this is exactly what I wanted to say and how it should have happened but instead Pollux is saying “forget about the community for a little while.”

Hype is only built up once things are almost done. We're not going to randomly come out one day and say the server is up, there will be a long period of build-up. My message was simply that things are still going to take some time to get to that point, so it's best to focus on other things and when we have something to show off we'll make sure we reach everyone. Discord is probably the best platform to be around, as it allows us to ping you all when we have something you can look at. I just don't see any value in giving progress updates that don't actually show anything, so I haven't. It's really hard for me to show off changes being done to the inventory system until it is fully complete, and this change is by far the biggest one being done with many things relying on it. I don't think anyone is too interested in me re-writing a bunch of legacy code, many just want to see cool new screenshots or videos of stuff and that part comes last.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-16-2023, 08:45 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 05:15 PM)Haarek Wrote: What "I'm" working on. That's great. A one man team?

hot take

different people
can work
on different things.

I certainly hope so?
But then again, this is FL.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.