Return of classic features to the gamemode
(11-04-2022, 01:44 AM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

We are listening to community feedback, we're listening to the 100+ responses we got earlier this year when we asked for it. That's a sample size that's more representative of the overall community than a handful of people who are vocal. This revert attempt that just happened was due to Conn listening to a few vocal members of the community and went against the majority, it's clear that's not a good idea so we're not doing it again. We need to instead prioritise what the majority of people want based on data. We already have that data, so we're pressing forward with it. When we're working with such a large pool of people, we can't reach out to everyone individually as there's just too many.

None of these ideas are ever guaranteed to work anyway, everything posted here is just what people personally believe in. Some of them could work or perhaps even none. While we appreciate the enthusiasm and effort many give into their ideas, we can't try them all. We have to prioritise what we're doing based on what the majority of the community want, as that is our best chance at revival. That majority isn't necessarily what people post on threads, as very few people actually end up posting on here.

I think it's important to recognise that what you may personally want isn't necessarily what the best solution is, especially if it has been a while since you've actively played on the servers. FL now isn't the same as even a few years ago, players move on and others come to replace the ones who have left. The gamemode isn't the biggest thing that has changed, the playerbase is. If the current playerbase wants drastic change, then that's what we're going to have to do if we want to survive. Nostalgia can be quite strong and I expect some older players to really hate change, it's hard to avoid that with a community as old as FL. I can only hope those players understand why we're changing things, hopefully things like the old gamemode event would calm nostalgia a bit too.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-04-2022, 04:28 AM)JT2017 Wrote: Just a thought, but what if the developers or whomever is working on the drawing board asks the community for a written paragraph of what made FearlessRP's server fun? Like depending on what is said, if detailed or not, could determine the avenues needed to take if they are possible. I already understand if this sounds like I am saying "Let's just think of the Good Days of 2015/2017 and those old nostalgia moments", but I'm trying to not go that route. So, just a thought I guess?

We already did this, just in the form of a ton of questions which we can then graph.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-04-2022, 04:55 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 04:28 AM)JT2017 Wrote: Just a thought, but what if the developers or whomever is working on the drawing board asks the community for a written paragraph of what made FearlessRP's server fun? Like depending on what is said, if detailed or not, could determine the avenues needed to take if they are possible. I already understand if this sounds like I am saying "Let's just think of the Good Days of 2015/2017 and those old nostalgia moments", but I'm trying to not go that route. So, just a thought I guess?

We already did this, just in the form of a ton of questions which we can then graph.
Please don't take this message as rude, but what was the exact results you guys concluded from your multiple questions which then got filed into a graphing system, as a player, all I know is it resulted with some RP Rule Changes, a Fishing Update, a Mining Update (which was rumored), and the Economy Update.
(11-04-2022, 05:06 AM)JT2017 Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 04:55 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Please don't take this message as rude, but what was the exact results you guys concluded from your multiple questions which then got filed into a graphing system, as a player, all I know is it resulted with some RP Rule Changes, a Fishing Update, a Mining Update (which was rumored), and the Economy Update.

The economy update earlier this year was intended to be part 1 of moving towards things we learned from that survey. We were planning to release the survey results a while ago, but that took much longer than expected because of how hard it is to actually read the graphs (some of the graphs are stupidly long, which meant trying to copy the graph image resulted in a blurry mess on the forums). I was initially re-making all of them for either a thread or a fancy page, but if I can't get that done we'll just release the team version of the survey (which is still far from perfect, but better than nothing). I'll see what we can do about it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
That's understandable, but if you were able to sum up any of the ideas you could remember in a little summarization, so we get an understanding of what exactly those questions resulted in? Maybe we could even speak on that in a discussion?
Pollux I agree with your approach but I think you might be a bit narrow minded in the way you're looking at this overall. Why don't you step back outside of the lens of the existing playerbase and CityRP?

Have you started to analyze the overall space of Roleplay games and consider the marketspace as whole? I think you're putting yourself in a trap a little bit by trying to guide the roadmap utilizing a subsection of a subsection. I think you taking a data driven, qualitative/quantitative approach is actually a good one, I just don't think you're doing analysis in the right space. You're basically analyzing a failing market and a small portion of those players within that failing market.

Every Product has a lifecycle and at the end of the day both Gmod & CityRP are products. Infusing with feature updates can be good but if it's too little too late, or the approaches aren't working it might be better to zoom out into a larger market perspective to get a sense of what is actually happening. Is this related to the Product, or a greater shift in the market?

I would argue there's been a major shift in the market, Gmod is on the decline overall and roleplay is starting to move especially to places like GTA V. It's harder to keep interest in Passive oriented servers in general because of other options and limited attention spans when faced with faster ease of use options. Why would someone spend 10 hours grinding to get a good gun and house when they could spend 1 and have a similar experience? Is our game mode easy to use and understandable to a new player?

We really need to zoom out of this tiny bubble, things are changing on a much larger scale and I understand something like the concept of turning into a "Cops and Robbers" gamemode is daunting and probably unpopular, but that's the level of change that I think is needed for long-term survival. I think a better change would be to actually start to analyze other games and figure out what that could look like, but you need a HUGE mindset shift. The community isn't thriving in Gmod any more, full stop. You can probably throw 100k of development at the problem but you have to ask, is that really going to change anything if it's developed towards CityRP.

Could the remaining time and resource be used better by selecting a more popular and bustling market (game/gamemode), and creating a partnership with an existing thriving community, allocating development resource to try and create another gamemode or break into a new game? I know these are huge and challenging proposition's, but nothing is working and you're running out of runway to properly deal with this situation. You have to do step back and look at the larger picture, you guys are trying changes within the lens of what you know or have been doing and wasting valuable time. Shoutout for trying what you've tried, but something bigger really needs to happen. You need to re-inspire the community.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Rylund, Archer
(11-04-2022, 05:30 AM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

Correct me if I'm wrong but essentially you're asking if we've considered other games? The answer is we have a lot more than people may realise. We've looked at small niche games that are like gmod like Onset, we've looked at GTA RP, we've looked at S&box and many other potential games that could be a similar experience to what we have now. Ultimately we don't want to do something new for the sake of it, if we did we want to make sure we're doing something unique to make us stand out. For example, being yet another generic FiveM server out of thousands doesn't help FL live longer - the only people we'll attract are those who already know FL which isn't good for long term survival and would ultimately be a waste of time.

We know gmod won't last forever, but it's also clear it's not exactly dying yet. It does still have life in it which means we don't have to jump ship to something else yet. I do think the cityrp deserves a proper chance anyway, as the revert definitely wasn't it. It's clear there's still interest in it, just we need to plan it carefully. I don't want to start planning out what to do if our attempts don't work such as other games, as then we're essentially planning to fail.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Ideas i've come up with so far

-Reinstate Teampspeak as an alternative for Discord
-New Ban Wipe (?) [ atleast minges populate the server ]
-Old loading music
-Encourage AggroRP
-Admins work out a schedule as to who is on when ( even 1 or 2 admins on an empty server might encourage people to join. )
-Combine events MasterNoda Vauld event manager peoples @giant pony
-Fix up V2D so it functions properly ( weed buyer man, fishing place area )
-Admins go president and become dictator, encourage aggroRP.
-Did i mention encourage AggroRP?
-Lower required hours to get free donator to 3?
-Idk
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
(11-04-2022, 09:05 PM)dig Wrote: Ideas i've come up with so far

-Reinstate Teampspeak as an alternative for Discord
-New Ban Wipe (?) [ atleast minges populate the server ]
-Old loading music
-Encourage AggroRP
-Admins work out a schedule as to who is on when ( even 1 or 2 admins on an empty server might encourage people to join. )
-Combine events MasterNoda Vauld event manager peoples @giant pony
-Fix up V2D so it functions properly ( weed buyer man, fishing place area )
-Admins go president and become dictator, encourage aggroRP.
-Did i mention encourage AggroRP?
-Lower required hours to get free donator to 3?
-Idk

who uses teamspeak in 2022
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
Can we please bring back live player count banners on the forums?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.