Community Update #5
[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
does make me giggle that all of the moaners and whiners finally got what they wanted and they didnt even join themselves!
The following 8 users Like Forgee's post:
  • Pollux, Toe Shmicki, Equinox, Hi-grade, Joe Joe, Boonan, rino, Nudelsalat
(10-30-2022, 07:34 PM)Forgee Wrote: does make me giggle that all of the moaners and whiners finally got what they wanted and they didnt even join themselves!

Clearly it's due to exams
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
Did it work ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-30-2022, 07:34 PM)Forgee Wrote: does make me giggle that all of the moaners and whiners finally got what they wanted and they didnt even join themselves!

[Image: Vu3LpuB.png]

This you?

Where you at now they've reverted some of those very things you moaned about
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Rossi
Whatever the outcome of this change is, I think I can speak for most of the team in saying that we're proud of what we did for Fearless. Maybe at times the changes that were made weren't the best, but that's the glory of hindsight, it's extremely easy to pick holes in failures once they've happened but you can never truly judge the full success or failure of something until its occurred.

It's clear as Fearless gets itself into a worse position, individuals are equally getting more frustrated. However, in a time when Fearless is in such a sorry state surely it would be more realistic to be civil working towards a common goal instead of bickering. The success of players works on 2 things, the team and the community themselves - It's a collective effort. We work to apply logical suggestions and changes where possible, and you play with said changes and previous ones.

Personally, I believe as a team we could have done more. However, I'd more than argue the "Economy Update & Friends" along with this update are some of, if not the biggest updates in Fearless' history trying ambitious things have never been attempted before. In both instances the community had involvement. The economy update had community members involvement with specific feedback and the most recent update targeted the very vocal members of the community. Now I appreciate many suggestions have been side-lined or denied and there are many reasons for that. However, as a team, we've listened to the community now more than ever, but there is only so much we as a team can deliver while balancing the ever-so important real world.

The hate spouting directed at team members also isn't ideal for a motivated effort. Individuals like Conn, Pollux and many others have regularly been on the receiving end of unnecessary comments, and what for? What does it really achieve apart from demotivating them? We appreciate many of you are passionate, but let's not confuse passion with toxicity as they are not synonymous.

This is obviously a very dark time for Fearless, there's no other way to describe it. But if the players who are so vocal about change, and those who maybe aren't so vocal, truly care for Fearless, and want it to continue they know what they need to do because there's only so much a team can do.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 4 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Wolven, VIVZZ, Boonan

did anyone join though it’s such a dead server
(10-31-2022, 02:14 PM)god Wrote:

did anyone join though it’s such a dead server

There was ~30 people.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Quote:It is short-sighted to turn the server back into 2012, yeah, you might get people to play for a few days but it will die out.

You are forgetting the fact that this update will give FL a chance to try other things that might work better. A clean room.

i.e. there was so much new stuff on the server at some point it became impossible to suggest anything - since everything was so foreign and complicated.

Furthermore, people here are so pessimistic - it's genuinely demoralising to read.

You aren't exactly doing FL any favours with the: "know it all", "ahead of the curve", "FL is dead why try" attitude.

Fact of the matter is - this update paves way for a new start, new ideas and updates - that are better - and hopefully simpler.

I hope nobody expected the server to hit 40 - 50+ players after this revert?
- That would be seriously arrogant.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 7 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Hi-grade, aDisabledDeer, Nadrickk, Joe Joe, Boonan, Nacreas, mintblackbeard
Might come back