Community Update #5
This will throw me back to 2010 for sure. Can't wait. This will be epic.

Oh and also, it's fun how FL owners always gets sudden hit by real life work etc, after they aqquire FL Smile Smile Smile
(10-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Nadrickk Wrote: This will throw me back to 2010 for sure. Can't wait. This will be epic.

Oh and also, it's fun how FL owners always gets sudden hit by real life work etc, after they aqquire FL Smile Smile Smile

I took over FL 1st June, started a new job at a new place 4th July. The scope of said job has changed dramatically to what it was originally advertised as, however this is much to my benefit and opens up a lot of avenues for career progression. I did not at the time expect the workload that I now have, and thus I have had much less time available to work on FL. 

I did explain this to you when you DM’d me on Discord with some cheap shots, however it appears that you blocked me before giving me a chance to respond.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 9 users Like Conn's post:
  • Joe Joe, L Y N C H Y, Link, Wolven, gin, Jessixa, Lewwings, Toe Shmicki, Boonan
(10-29-2022, 12:50 PM)Conn Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Nadrickk Wrote: This will throw me back to 2010 for sure. Can't wait. This will be epic.

I took over FL 1st June, started a new job at a new place 4th July. The scope of said job has changed dramatically to what it was originally advertised as, however this is much to my benefit and opens up a lot of avenues for career progression. I did not at the time expect the workload that I now have, and thus I have had much less time available to work on FL. 

I did explain this to you when you DM’d me on Discord with some cheap shots, however it appears that you blocked me before giving me a chance to respond.

wont lie I respect this a lot more future of real life Vs future of FL is so much more important some it’s good that you have a good job that has better benefits that will help you, FL won’t help you really think you guys are gonna be like 65 still thinking about raiding nexus jails not gonna happen
The following 3 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Link, Archer, Pollux
Glad you've listened to part of the plan we've presented you via Discord. As for the other part, the harder part, I really hope you'll push through with that aswell for the sake of the community.
The following 4 users Like Jan's post:
  • Wolven, Self, gin, Nacreas
(10-29-2022, 02:15 PM)L Y N C H Y Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 12:50 PM)Conn Wrote:

wont lie I respect this a lot more future of real life Vs future of FL is so much more important some it’s good that you have a good job that has better benefits that will help you, FL won’t help you really think you guys are gonna be like 65 still thinking about raiding nexus jails not gonna happen

FL is very dear to my heart, if anything at all, it’s been an incredible learning experience, and provided me with a hell of a lot of technical knowledge, the answer to a few interview questions which thusfar have had a 2/2 success rate in getting the jobs, and I’ve met some absolutely brilliant people. 

I absolutely know that there are many others in a similar boat, who’ve learnt a tonne, or met great people they now know more closely. We’re (mostly!) all adults now, all tied down to life and it’s often harsh realities, but I hope we are able to recapture some of what the community was about when turning back the clock. 

I will happily make the time to talk to anyone who can be respectful, because people have great ideas and the absolute best interests for the community. That positive, constructive conversation is what needs to continue happening if FL is to be lifted off its feet again; unfortunately some people haven’t quite mustered that up yet, which is demotivating for myself, and for the many people in the team who have had to put up with similar to this:

Spoiler :
[Image: USQvUsS.jpg]

[Image: Xw8MJJy.jpg]

[Image: dsue9r9.jpg]

In short, let’s make the most of the time we have left, see whee we can go, and take it day by day. Whatever happens in the future, it’s been a pleasure to be around here with so many of you.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 11 users Like Conn's post:
  • Slaint, Wolven, VIVZZ, Archer, Jessixa, Link, Nudelsalat, Hi-grade, mintblackbeard, Lewwings, Boonan
Nice!
Kind Regards,
Floodify
tesco meal deal
The following 1 user Likes User 19014's post:
  • Boonan
Looking forward to this!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
It is short-sighted to turn the server back into 2012, yeah, you might get people to play for a few days but it will die out.
If LL taught you anything is, as a gaming community you need to evolve, both FL and LL failed to create projects outside of GMOD, CityRP is no longer aligned with a meaningful number of players to have a constant flow of new players that stay. Regardless of what you do, if you are unable to retain players long enough that by the time they are done grinding/playing the server they are replaced with someone new, it is not sustainable. Someone looking for a CiryRP gamemode would be more inclined to try FiveM instead of Garry's Mod.

I really hope one or both communities shifts into a proper gaming hub with events and teams on different games. Else it will probably die off completely sooner than later.

I hope to be wrong on everything I just said but it doesn't look like it.
The following 3 users Like Project's post:
  • Pollux, Boonan, Nudelsalat
(10-29-2022, 04:18 PM)frost Wrote: tesco meal deal
now only £3.40
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • The Welshman