What happened to the server?
(10-11-2022, 10:00 AM)L Y N C H Y Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 09:37 AM)Nadrickk Wrote: Where's Conn?

Nadrickk be like:

mommy wheres daddy

No im just wondering why he made 3 posts and then dipped
(10-06-2022, 09:38 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 11:27 AM)Transmission Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:51 PM)Jan Wrote: Long essay you say? I've got nothing better to do at this moment anyway so here we go. Below you'll find a bit of history for you & others to read, aswel as the reasons Fearless is doing what it's doing from my own point of view.

• 2011-2012: These were arguably the peak years of Fearless. Fearless developed into a monster of a community, it attracted thousands of players over these years, and after watching my brother play for weeks in 2010 and at the start of 2011 I joined in this period myself as well. At the start of 2011 Fearless had one server: V2D. It did quite well and usually at the peak times you had to wait in a queue for 10-30 minutes while being thrown out every now and then due to errors, you just kept on trying to join though because man was it fun. At the end of this period Fearless had 3 servers that pretty much were always full.

Man, 2011 Fearless was just something else

In 2011 I joined for the first time as a gun dealer and scammed someone of $25k for some M4s and got banned for a year by Nighthawk

POG
we like an entrepreneur
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Dragnort_
What I'm saying will be seen as controversial by at least some I believe, but after a point we have to let go.

What made Fearless great back in its glory days was not only its innovative and active membership, but also the platform it used. Garry's Mod was very popular for roleplaying at the time - there was always a large trickle of newcomers who could make up for those who left. In other words, there was a constant influx of fresh air. You could always meet a person with interesting ideas or roleplays or personalities. A thriving community is fueled by the eclectic individuals that form it - attention and effort are only part of it.

Today, that is not the case. Garry's Mod has been eclipsed by other platforms for roleplaying - be it simple Discord text roleplays, or GTA5 or Arma 3 or so on. There isn't the base "manpower" to feed off from. As such, new ideas are rare and in-between - come on now, what was the last time an event was held that wasn't about a natural disaster of some sort, a Purge Night, or a talent/fashion show? I do not mean to throw shade on all the people who show effort towards that - props to you, but there isn't the same spirit that brought things like the Fallout Vault event or the very first building competition.

So, what is my suggestion? I believe Fearless as a community still has immense value - we all have cherished memories here: Countless clans formed and ground to dust, Nexus battles, late night events, staff drama...It'd be an awful waste to let that all fade away. And staying focused on this one thing that was previously successful but no longer is - roleplay on Garry's Mod - will cause Fearless to fade away. I suggest that Fearless reorient itself - towards a broader community. What says that Fearless can't be immensely successful running Team Fortress 2 servers? Why should we not give a shot at running roleplays on GTA5? Or why not be a general gaming community? The possibilities are endless, and staying on this dead-end road that Garry's Mod roleplay is seems outright oppressive like a tight collar in comparision to a fresh start.

And not only would that be stifling, it is also a non-option. Map changes and gamemode changes? Come on, I appreciate the hope you have left and all, but we must have tried that a dozen times by now. It's either leaving Garry's Mod or closing the curtains.

Warmest wishes,

Sharpshooter/Archer
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 5 users Like Archer's post:
  • Rylund, Lewwings, Equinox, Pollux, Rossi
I still remember when me and my friend Mask, just decided one day to play one of the new ''Roleplay'' servers. FL was the first server we found, and it kept being FL every single day that whole summer. We weren't that old when we joined in 2013/2014, but everyday after school we would rush home and play on FLRP. I've had one of my best gaming experiences on this server, with all it's legendary and hilarious moments. I miss the feeling of waking up and not even think about taking a piss, just run to my computer and play on the server. And over time i've met alot of friends on this server, and even brought friends to this community. Garry's Mod might've not been the best game out there, but the people playing it are amazing.

It's been sad seeing this community die over the years. And i remember when Divey took the ropes, and we all had such hope that the server would once be like it used to be, with sitting an hour in queue trying to join. But it didn't help much. it was still dead over the years, and we all stopped playing. And now when Conn took over, and we saw that this might be revival of FL, we all knew it wouldn't last long. I still hope one day the community will build up again, and we all can play together like we used to back in the old days.
[Image: goNJcnD.png]
The following 2 users Like Strike10's post:
  • Marve Fleksnes, Panda
I used to love this server. But due to really toxic veteran players that got away with basically everything i got sick of it. When i accidentally ran over someone i got banned but these guys could be ramming everything and everyone all day long and even if i had video evidence they just got away with it...
[Image: sheriff.PNG]
The following 3 users Like NSKK88's post:
  • Self, aDisabledDeer, MasterNoda
in my most humbling opinion i think im the only one who's really been around long enough to understand what truly took place.

slaint sullivan sacrifice, a man well known within the community for not being a degenerate and being extremely funny, whenever slaint wasnt there, neither was the playercount.

in addition to this, if i was not on the staff team, nobody had the will to play gmod because i am the centre of everything ever and everyone loves fl when im online conn please give me admin i will revive server please i will paypal you please i just want admin i promise i wont abuse i will save the server #blazforblaz
[Image: jgUSzW0.png]
Have I helped you or made an epic statement that has blown your mind and turned the tables?
Gimme a sexy lil rep here!
The following 4 users Like Blaz's post:
  • Slaint, Self, aDisabledDeer, Lewwings
(10-24-2022, 12:54 AM)Blaz Wrote: in my most humbling opinion i think im the only one who's really been around long enough to understand what truly took place.

slaint sullivan sacrifice, a man well known within the community for not being a degenerate and being extremely funny, whenever slaint wasnt there, neither was the playercount.

in addition to this, if i was not on the staff team, nobody had the will to play gmod because i am the centre of everything ever and everyone loves fl when im online conn please give me admin i will revive server please i will paypal you please i just want admin i promise i wont abuse i will save the server #blazforblaz
#imbiasforblaz
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • Blaz