Poll: Change to v2d
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.11%
40 85.11%
No
14.89%
7 14.89%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Change to v2d
(10-20-2022, 05:22 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: -

I´ll be the first to say that this is very promising news.

Those points, are changes a lot of people have wanted.

It seems like staff has listened to the player base - that should be commended.

Thank you
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Rossi, aDisabledDeer
(10-20-2022, 05:22 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Falc Wrote: With all due respect, the state of the server at the moment there should be nothing but transparency.

What’s there left to hide, whether it works or not it should be the remaining community now coming together to save FL, not just management behind closed doors.

Sure.
We had individual ideas, individually. We managed to get together on Sunday, and hash out some ideas which were possible to do (like v2d), which needed more devs (something we're critically short on), etc etc.

So, in no specific order:
  • Switching to v2d.
    • Despite people not liking it in the survey, it's not like switching now'll kill the playerbase further.

• Old-style contraband
    • The new contraband works well, but some people feel as though it forces you to be constantly attending it.
    • Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, only what people feel.
    • So, changing contraband to an old style to promote more aggressive RPers.

• Remove farming
    • One of the biggest issues on the survey was a lack of quality RP interaction.
    • With farming, players tend to just stick to themselves, sometimes only even only tabbing in to harvest / prevent AFK timers.

• Mad Cows
    • It's not optimised, and'll probably need work to get it working...
    • but agressive RPers liked it.

There's a couple of other things like advertising, and some shit like that, but nobody here will give a fuck about that, so why waste everyone's time writing it?

But aye, those are the main things, so while I'm around, it'd be nice to have your feedback on those ideas.

so long as it isn't just "lol management out of touch" or some wank like that Smile

That's amazing news! Sounds nice going back to a little bit of an old school FL where things just worked like this, simple. 

That being said, I'm actually looking forward to hoping on and checking things out again!
There multible things that went wrong i can only speak from a consumer perspective

- Alot of people with little playtime back in the day got admin/helper cause they sucked admin dick. without having basic knowlage of the server

- Rules are the most abnormal i have seen ever in a server.

Such as: "Crime in public" and "Admins is always right"
What is a city without crime? you can't rob stores. you can't deal drugs. like. 80% of crime happens in a city. Good you named CityRP your gamemode. But most rp happened outside the city. I get u dont want people mugging others on a highway. But then say. Plain Sight or something.

"Admins is always right" is a rule that goes hand in hand with admin abuse. these people are not only people i mentioned before.
For example. i had once a group of about 10-15 people and we ware gonna take down a gang (With admin as leader) that kidnapped us. we waited for them leaving the house and a dmin tped above us and i had to explain why we ware about to kill em. i had to explain it 4x while that gang was escaping. so one of the people order fire and started shooting. one admin couldnt stop everyone in time so they died when they tried to drive away. Then i had another 30 min converstation. having ot bring proof and still got warned for a rule.

- Admin Abusing Powers
Happend a few times such as prop blocking. Self supply (While we aren't allowed to do that a lot of admins did)
Adding build limit to them self for small things. i can name alot of things regarding this.

- Economy is imbalanced as heck.
With plants i first thought it was funny but now i realised how fricked up the economy became with that.
People rather go some ware in a corner of a map grow crops solo. then actually be a taxi driver police mechanic or all the other jobs. cause its not worth your time.

- Admins Reports ar useless
I had a admin sit once. (Leading up the ban that expires in few days) That violently cursed and made racist remarks. because of my country of origin
I made a admin report about it cause i didn't like that i should be threated like that.
The response was along the lines of "She didn't break any rules she just let her emotions go."
Idk what emotioned she had but if im a "Dutch retarded fucker" and a "A fucking idiot and i should end myself right now."
Then those are the most insane borderline emotions i've ever seen

There a lot of things at play. these are just a few i mentioned. There may be a few people after this that will disagree and it's all not true and what not. Just judge for yourself.

Either the whole foundation from rules to cars to economy (Yes maybe even a wipe) needs to be changed in order to make a comeback. or it will stay like this for a while maybe ever
The following 2 users Like wizard_0315's post:
  • Hi-grade, Bobby
(10-20-2022, 06:06 PM)wizard_0315 Wrote: (Yes maybe even a wipe)

https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=99934
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
(10-20-2022, 06:54 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 06:06 PM)wizard_0315 Wrote: (Yes maybe even a wipe)

https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=99934
Yeap that isnt a wipe.
This is just devaluewating the price of inventory items.
or called Economy rescale. as its put here
This means that people who started long ago when all the meta was farming and made billions still have the most money. while its harder to make cash for new players

i cant speak for this ecoonomy update alot only what i read cause i am still banned for 4 days

But if i open the update note its not nice to see this at first. This is propperbly what a consumer want to see at last. we came here to play a game. not spend cash. i get server has to run such and so. But put that a bit down not direct in ye face (See image attached)
[Image: QI8y5iw.png]
If you go back to V2D, revert contra, remove farming, go back to madcow. This will indeed make the server do well not for long but it will get some players on this genuinely feels like the last goodbye
The following 8 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, ART, aDisabledDeer, Rossi, Nadrickk, Archer, Bobby, VIVZZ
(10-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Falc Wrote: With all due respect, the state of the server at the moment there should be nothing but transparency.

What’s there left to hide, whether it works or not it should be the remaining community now coming together to save FL, not just management behind closed doors.

Couldn't be more accurate.

Silence gives the impression that the team is gone, glad to see at least something has been posted in this thread since Falc's comment
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Nadrickk, Archer
we should use this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1186766769
The following 2 users Like User 19014's post:
  • Equinox, mintblackbeard
yes
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
V2D always had that nice FL-feel about it. I’m always in support of that map.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, mintblackbeard