Poll: Change to v2d
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
85.11%
40 85.11%
No
14.89%
7 14.89%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Change to v2d
(10-17-2022, 08:14 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 12:29 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 11:43 AM)Nadrickk Wrote: This can't be, Pollux said we don't want v2d. What a paradox!

Why are you so obsessed with me lol. Nothing I said before was wrong, we swapped to V4B1 as it's what people voted for. The current votes on this thread are still less than people who voted for V2D on the survey.

I don't have a personal vendetta against V2D, we quite literally didn't go to it because people voted against it - as I've said many times now. It's not even a decision that's up to me anyway, I don't really mind what map we go to as I know the map isn't the issue.

That isn't a fair metric, considering the decline of the playerbase and the fact that hardly anybody checks the forums anymore. If you were to hold this same poll again in a month it would likely be less than it is right now for the same reason.

Change the map for a temporary boost, long shot to keep FL going but doing nothing means it's gone for good

Staff gave up and conn is gone. This is a hard pill to swallow.
(10-16-2022, 12:29 PM)Pollux Wrote: It's not even a decision that's up to me anyway, I don't really mind what map we go to as I know the map isn't the issue.

I think it is clear changing to v2d is in fairly great consensus - between staff and members.

Of course it's a decision that is up to you - it's your team - you are in management - remember? Talk and work together with the other managers / SA´s.

And no, v2d won't save the server. But it will make it easier to gain more players.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(10-19-2022, 07:49 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 12:29 PM)Pollux Wrote: It's not even a decision that's up to me anyway, I don't really mind what map we go to as I know the map isn't the issue.

I think it is clear changing to v2d is in fairly great consensus -  between staff and members.

Of course it's a decision that is up to you - it's your team - you are in management - remember? Talk and work together with the other managers / SA´s.

And no, v2d won't save the server. But it will make it easier to gain more players.

Conn's gone, management is gone, staff is gone. As much as we want v2d, 1) The management that's left works against us like usual, 2) conn is gone. We really hoped things wouldve changed after leadership change, but I guess not.
(10-20-2022, 03:37 AM)Nadrickk Wrote:

I think it is clear changing to v2d is in fairly great consensus -  between staff and members.

Conn's gone, management is gone, staff is gone. As much as we want v2d, 1) The management that's left works against us like usual, 2) conn is gone. We really hoped things wouldve changed after leadership change, but I guess not.

I can assure you that even though the server has no players currently, doesn't mean we've given up. Management, and the team in general are currently putting ideas forward in ways to overcome the current state that we're in. There's a reason that we aren't being as public as you may like since it will be held against the team if certain things don't go to plan.
Wolven

User has been warned for this post. Reason: Toxicity
(10-20-2022, 02:27 PM)Wolven Wrote:

I can assure you that even though the server has no players currently, doesn't mean we've given up. Management, and the team in general are currently putting ideas forward in ways to overcome the current state that we're in. There's a reason that we aren't being as public as you may like since it will be held against the team if certain things don't go to plan.

Must be one hell of a brainstorm session to not make any sort of community update in a month and a half. And the fact you say you are still brainstorming is wild. Crazy to think you guys are that hard stuck where you are too hesitant to even share. There is a different between "aren't being as public as you may like" and dead silence by the way.

Also congrats on your first public forum post since becoming management. Very proud of you.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Nadrickk, SpaghettiFTW, Rossi, Bobby
With all due respect, the state of the server at the moment there should be nothing but transparency.

What’s there left to hide, whether it works or not it should be the remaining community now coming together to save FL, not just management behind closed doors.
The following 6 users Like Falc's post:
  • Nadrickk, SpaghettiFTW, aDisabledDeer, Archer, Bobby, Suarez
(10-20-2022, 02:27 PM)Wolven Wrote:

You're trying to maintain the good old "Mysterious Fearless"-image. Where nothing is let out to the public.

I'll just remind you that there's barely any public left. Don't you think its time to act? Unless you want to put your ideas forward, alone  and to no one.

[Image: 5ew9AB3yi5N3][Image: ZiHR8Su6JZ0j]

There isn't some conspiracy about how "management is going against players" here. We went off the survey, which said more people were happier with v4b1 than v2d.

Don't say we're not willing to accept forum feedback, however. We'll be switching to v2d as soon as a developer has checked the locations / deliveries / whatever systems, to make sure the map is actually set up.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 3 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Pollux, Boonan, MasterNoda
(10-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Falc Wrote: With all due respect, the state of the server at the moment there should be nothing but transparency.

What’s there left to hide, whether it works or not it should be the remaining community now coming together to save FL, not just management behind closed doors.

Sure.
We had individual ideas, individually. We managed to get together on Sunday, and hash out some ideas which were possible to do (like v2d), which needed more devs (something we're critically short on), etc etc.

So, in no specific order:
  • Switching to v2d.
    • Despite people not liking it in the survey, it's not like switching now'll kill the playerbase further.

• Old-style contraband
    • The new contraband works well, but some people feel as though it forces you to be constantly attending it.
    • Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, only what people feel.
    • So, changing contraband to an old style to promote more aggressive RPers.

• Remove farming
    • One of the biggest issues on the survey was a lack of quality RP interaction.
    • With farming, players tend to just stick to themselves, sometimes only even only tabbing in to harvest / prevent AFK timers.

• Mad Cows
    • It's not optimised, and'll probably need work to get it working...
    • but agressive RPers liked it.

There's a couple of other things like advertising, and some shit like that, but nobody here will give a fuck about that, so why waste everyone's time writing it?

But aye, those are the main things, so while I'm around, it'd be nice to have your feedback on those ideas.

so long as it isn't just "lol management out of touch" or some wank like that :)
The following 9 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Haarek, Jessixa, Rossi, BlueBlitz22, L Y N C H Y, aDisabledDeer, Wolven, Pollux, Hi-grade
I doubt a map change will kickstart this server