What happened to the server?
Sad 
Can someone explain me with a long essay if possible what happened to the server and why is it suddenly dead. If anyone has the time please explain the situation from start to finish because that is sad to see. I remember 1 year ago it still had some amount of players playing but now its completely dead man. That is so sad to see. I have great memories in this place and now its suddenly dead like that? What is the reason that this happened? I do remember it was already in bad condition 1 year ago but I never thought it would die like that. What the hell happened?
Long essay you say? I've got nothing better to do at this moment anyway so here we go. Below you'll find a bit of history for you & others to read, aswel as the reasons Fearless is doing what it's doing from my own point of view.

• 2008-2010: Fearless was created by SoulRipper and a few others that left quite soon some years  right after. I'd like to see this as a period they were expirimenting by just having a server for the small group of friends that used to hop on every now and then.

• 2011-2012: These were arguably the peak years of Fearless. Fearless developed into a monster of a community, it attracted thousands of players over these years, and after watching my brother play for weeks in 2010 and at the start of 2011 I joined in this period myself as well. At the start of 2011 Fearless had one server: V2D. It did quite well and usually at the peak times you had to wait in a queue for 10-30 minutes while being thrown out every now and then due to errors, you just kept on trying to join though because man was it fun. At the end of this period Fearless had 3 servers that pretty much were always full.
  • 2013-first half 2015: In this period Fearless kept on doing great statistics wise, however the group of players that weren't satisfied with the way the community was ran grew bigger and bigger. The biggest points as to why people weren't as happy anymore were Soulripper's unwillingness to try new things, the way the staff team became much stricter, sometimes to the point where people were afraid of doing fun stuff and the lack of any game changing updates for years.
  • Second half of 2015-2017: This period started extremely rough. The entire staff team except a very small group of individuals gave SoulRipper an ultimatum behind the scenes to fix the biggest issues. SoulRipper didn't agree with the ultimatum so 90% of the staff team left in order to create their own community: LimeLight Gaming (Which died in 2021). The first few weeks were extremely chaotic due to many thinking this was the ending of FearlessRP, for others like myself, it was an opportunity to help out Fearless. The staff team was rebuilt from scratch and even though 50% of the active playersbase left to join Limelight, many still sticked around and Fearless was able to survive. In this period however it had to scale down due to the smaller playerbase, this period still ended with one very active server that was full most of the time though.
  • 2018-2019: While at the start of this period Fearless still had one extremely active server, this is the period the community was declining very fast, the playerbase left, the community experienced some of its old problems again, such as an owner unwilling to be active and try new stuff and barely any new updates, however this time Fearless didn't have the playerbase it had in the period of 2013-2015 so the server actually became extremely inactive, so did the forums and Discord server.
  • 2020-2021: This is the period the Corona pandemic started and while it gave Fearless a boost for a couple of weeks the server quickly returned to being inactive, pressure from within the staff team & outside grew on Soulripper to resign and pass the torch onto a new owner that was active, was open for change and that could revive the community. Soul eventually did so in March 2020 and Divey became Fearless' new owner. A period that started controversial as not everyone agreed with this change of ownership but people quickly wanted to give it a try. While a small number of changes went into effect under Divey's ownership he quickly gave up when these changes didn't keep the server as active as he had hoped. For the biggest period in these years Divey was inactive and quickly continued what SoulRipper did for some years: absolutely nothing.
  • 2022-now: At the start of 2022 pressure grew on Divey to resign and so he did, but not before having enjoyed a decent amount of donator money for years and selling Fearless to its newest owner: Conn. What followed in the months after the owner change was a period of big economy updates, gameplay overhauls and plans on how to revive Fearless. Shortly after the ownership change Fearless experienced what it hadn't experienced in 2 years: an active server in which you had to join the queue in order to get in. The hype unfortunately lasted just for a few weeks before dying out again. 

Compare these periods and you'll see there are a lot of similarities. I believe there are wise lessons to be learned from doing so and still want Fearless to continue, I wouldn't want Fearless, a community I've been part of for 11 years to die down and keep repeating the same mistakes and am willing to help.

The question now is this: Conn, what will you & your staff team do?
(09-28-2022, 01:51 PM)Jan Wrote: Long essay you say? I've got nothing better to do at this moment anyway so here we go. Below you'll find a bit of history for you & others to read, aswel as the reasons Fearless is doing what it's doing from my own point of view.

• 2008-2010: Fearless was created by SoulRipper and a few others that left quite soon some years  right after. I'd like to see this as a period they were expirimenting by just having a server for the small group of friends that used to hop on every now and then.

• 2011-2012: These were arguably the peak years of Fearless. Fearless developed into a monster of a community, it attracted thousands of players over these years, and after watching my brother play for weeks in 2010 and at the start of 2011 I joined in this period myself as well. At the start of 2011 Fearless had one server: V2D. It did quite well and usually at the peak times you had to wait in a queue for 10-30 minutes while being thrown out every now and then due to errors, you just kept on trying to join though because man was it fun. At the end of this period Fearless had 3 servers that pretty much were always full.
  • 2013-first half 2015: In this period Fearless kept on doing great statistics wise, however the group of players that weren't satisfied with the way the commity was ran grew bigger and bigger. The biggest points as to why people weren't as happy anymore were Soulripper's unwillingness to try new things, the way the staff team became much stricter, sometimes to the point where people were afraid of doing fun stuff and the lack of any game changing updates for years.
  • Second half of 2015-2017: This period started extremely rough. The entire staff team except a very small group of individuals gave SoulRipper an ultimatum behind the scenes to fix the biggest issues. SoulRipper didn't agree with the ultimatum so 90% of the staff team left in order to create their own community: LimeLight Gaming (Which died in 2021). The first few weeks were extremely chaotic due to many thinking this was the ending of FearlessRP, for others like myself, it was an opportunity to help out Fearless. The staff team was rebuilt from scratch and even though 50% of the active playersbase left to join Limelight, many still sticked around and Fearless was able to survive. In this period however it had to scale down due to the smaller playerbase, this period still ended with one very active server that was full most of the time though.
  • 2018-2019: While at the start of this period Fearless still had one extremely active server, this is the period the community was declining very fast, the playerbase left, the community experienced some of its old problems again, such as an owner unwilling to be active and try new stuff and barely any new updates, however this time Fearless didn't have the playerbase it had in the period of 2013-2015 so the server actually became extremely inactive, so did the forums and Discord server.
  • 2020-2021: This is the period the Corona pandemic started and while it gave Fearless a boost for a couple of weeks the server quickly returned to being inactive, pressure from within the staff team & outside grew on Soulripper to resign and pass the torch onto a new owner that was active, was open for change and that could revive the community. Soul eventuelly did so in March 2020 and Divey became Fearless' new owner. A period that started controversial as not everyone agreed with this change of ownership but people quickly wanted to give it a try. While a small number of changes went into effect under Divey's ownership he quickly gave up when these changes didn't keep the server as active as he had hoped. For the biggest period in these years Divey was inactive and quickly continued what SoulRipper did for some years: absolutely nothing.
  • 2022-now: At the start of 2022 pressure grew on Divey to resign and so he did, but not before having enjoyed a decent amount of donator money for years and selling Fearless to its newest owner: Conn. What followed in the months after the owner change was a period of big economy updates, gameplay overhauls and plans on how to revive Fearless. Shortly after the ownership change Fearless experienced what it hadn't experienced in 2 years: an active server in which you had to join the queue in order to get in. The hype unfortunately lasted just for a few weeks before dying out again. 

Compare these periods and you'll see there are a lot of similarities. I believe there are wise lessons to be learned from doing so and still want Fearless to continue, I wouldn't want Fearless, a community I've been part of for 11 years to die down and keep repeating the same mistakes and am willing to help.

The question now is this: Conn, what will you & your staff team do?

Thank you for your response I appreciate it, now I see it more clearly than I did before. I also joined around 2014, good old days I must say.

Since I also have nothing to do I will write my own opinion on the matter. What I saw 1 year ago when i was last online was basically a kid spining admins around his finger or with other words MANIPULATING them like they are his own vassals. He knew the rules very well but when it came to a moment in which he was involved admins always chickened out and didnt do what was right because they were afraid of him. I also saw a lot of bans from homophobia, which I wont comment on because everyone who did express an opinion on this matter got banned. Learned a lesson from this so I wont really talk about this. I am unsure if admins were also promoted kids/teenagers but the way it seemed the things were really bad back then. They didnt sound mature either so I have no idea who ran the team but the way I see it whoever promoted such people without spine (so to speak) has to be demoted.

What I see from this is that probably the whole staff needs to be replaced. What I would do is just give 3 responsible adults the job as admins and maybe give position to people for sharing the word around and bringing people to the community. Lets say you have 3 people doing it for atleast 3 hours per day you get a lot of people this way if you do it straight for 3 hours. I personally did it for my own server and had a lot of people playing in just 3 weeks, 50 at peak time, up to 20 in normal hours. I didnt continue since I had no donations but you get the idea. You need someone for marketing specifically and then you also need someone good on the team. I realized that they also did economy rework. Big mistake really, everyones stuff were sold. I worked years for my inventory like it was. Man who the hell thought this is a good idea...This probably killed the server next to bunch of other things. The things as they are can be solved really, you just need someone who DOES NOT THINK THAT SELLING EVERYONES STUFF IS A GOOD IDEA MAN.

I would be willing to help too but good luck with getting the promotion. The fact that someone who has no spine when it comes to a strict decision is promoted really gives me a rough idea where the servers future lies.

What do you think about this personally?
The following 1 user Likes jfd13's post:
  • Jan
The fact that Divey put the ownership for sale to the highest bidder was doomed from the beginning.

Also why tf was my donator tag taken away from me lmao
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
(09-28-2022, 02:58 PM)Mist Wrote: The fact that Divey put the ownership for sale to the highest bidder was doomed from the beginning.

how much did he sell it for
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
(09-28-2022, 02:58 PM)Mist Wrote: The fact that Divey put the ownership for sale to the highest bidder was doomed from the beginning.

I am pretty sure the server wasnt sold to the highest bidder.. It was sold for a quite low price in my opinion. We know the server was in a very bad situation - however.. I am sure many others would have paid even more to be the next owner of FL.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]

I dont think anyone has donator tags anymore since it was rebranded and revamped to Supporter Plus 
(09-28-2022, 04:40 PM)RoCKy Wrote:

I am pretty sure the server wasnt sold to the highest bidder.. It was sold for a quite low price in my opinion. We know the server was in a very bad situation - however.. I am sure many others would have paid even more to be the next owner of FL.

Given the state of the server at the time, expecting payment in exchange for stepping aside so somebody with actual leadership abilities and an involvement with the team they're meant to give direction to can take up the reigns takes quite some gall, especially if they themselves were given it for free.

Been a rough year in general for Fearless, but I'd say things are on the up; slowly but surely.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 4 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • NEMxDman, Equinox, Hi-grade, Mist
(09-28-2022, 02:23 PM)jfd13 Wrote: What I see from this is that probably the whole staff needs to be replaced.

based
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 4 users Like jhayw's post:
  • Kryptic, MasterNoda, Mist, livkx
(09-28-2022, 05:41 PM)Lewwings Wrote: but I'd say things are on the up; slowly but surely.

i need some of that copium you're huffing
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • Mist