What happened to the server?
(09-29-2022, 11:27 AM)Transmission Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:51 PM)Jan Wrote: Long essay you say? I've got nothing better to do at this moment anyway so here we go. Below you'll find a bit of history for you & others to read, aswel as the reasons Fearless is doing what it's doing from my own point of view.

• 2011-2012: These were arguably the peak years of Fearless. Fearless developed into a monster of a community, it attracted thousands of players over these years, and after watching my brother play for weeks in 2010 and at the start of 2011 I joined in this period myself as well. At the start of 2011 Fearless had one server: V2D. It did quite well and usually at the peak times you had to wait in a queue for 10-30 minutes while being thrown out every now and then due to errors, you just kept on trying to join though because man was it fun. At the end of this period Fearless had 3 servers that pretty much were always full.

Man, 2011 Fearless was just something else

Found this gem from 2012
https://youtu.be/Kuyij5pjrms
The following 3 users Like Self's post:
  • Transmission, Dubwub, AlexCooper
(09-29-2022, 12:05 PM)Self Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 11:35 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 09:39 AM)Equinox Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 06:55 AM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 10:12 PM)James Wrote: i need some of that copium you're huffing

I agree here, that statement is definiately delusional.

When was the last time you joined the server or any of our events? We just went from no activity to ~2-3 events per week. We're already full-steam planning out entire october. If that progress is too slow for your standards, then you're just an ingrate, and I don't care if you joined the server in 3600 B.C. and became an admin when Roman empire fell. If you're a forums keyboard warrior in 2022 without playing or joining events, then you have no right to talk down to people like that who are actually trying to make a change. Take a week and make your own event, try to make your own community movement to repopulate the server, make your own advertising systems for the server. Only then you'll have a right to call others delusional and claim that no progress has been made.

you understand that events have a negative impact on server population in this instance correct? Good on you for trying and putting in effort. It’s just the wrong channel.

Since these events have all been hosted on the main server, it creates a time where people know others will be online, and the server pop rises during these times, but then drops away completely once the event is over. I don't think "negative impact" is the phrase to use here.

If you are thinking in terms of getting people on. Then no it’s not a negative impact. But in terms of growth it is. You are essentially training people to not get on the server unless a event is being hosted. That’s a negative and should outweigh the spurts of population. Events also do not cater to new players. So in the time you get people on you are excluding new players. And the ones you retain (if there even is any) will naturally join everyone else and wait for events. 

Does that sound like a positive to you? Like I said before. Good on you for putting in the effort. Just in the wrong channel.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Self, Hi-grade
(09-29-2022, 12:44 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 06:55 AM)Nadrickk Wrote: I agree here, that statement is definiately delusional.

When was the last time you joined the server or any of our events? We just went from no activity to ~2-3 events per week. We're already full-steam planning out entire october. If that progress is too slow for your standards, then you're just an ingrate, and I don't care if you joined the server in 3600 B.C. and became an admin when Roman empire fell. If you're a forums keyboard warrior in 2022 without playing or joining events, then you have no right to talk down to people like that who are actually trying to make a change. Take a week and make your own event, try to make your own community movement to repopulate the server, make your own advertising systems for the server. Only then you'll have a right to call others delusional and claim that no progress has been made.

you understand that events have a negative impact on server population in this instance correct? Good on you for trying and putting in effort. It’s just the wrong channel.

Since these events have all been hosted on the main server, it creates a time where people know others will be online, and the server pop rises during these times, but then drops away completely once the event is over. I don't think "negative impact" is the phrase to use here.

If you are thinking in terms of getting people on. Then no it’s not a negative impact. But in terms of growth it is. You are essentially training people to not get on the server unless a event is being hosted. That’s a negative and should outweigh the spurts of population. Events also do not cater to new players. So in the time you get people on you are excluding new players. And the ones you retain (if there even is any) will naturally join everyone else and wait for events. 

Does that sound like a positive to you? Like I said before. Good on you for putting in the effort. Just in the wrong channel.

Yeah, this makes complete sense and I think I jumped the gun a little when I read your post. We want to focus more on mini events and roleplay this month as it will keep people on the server rather than spend all our time making huge events while the server sits vacant

I mentioned it a little in my post on the off-topic thread https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...03&page=12
(09-29-2022, 12:48 PM)Self Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 12:44 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 09:39 AM)Equinox Wrote: When was the last time you joined the server or any of our events? We just went from no activity to ~2-3 events per week. We're already full-steam planning out entire october. If that progress is too slow for your standards, then you're just an ingrate, and I don't care if you joined the server in 3600 B.C. and became an admin when Roman empire fell. If you're a forums keyboard warrior in 2022 without playing or joining events, then you have no right to talk down to people like that who are actually trying to make a change. Take a week and make your own event, try to make your own community movement to repopulate the server, make your own advertising systems for the server. Only then you'll have a right to call others delusional and claim that no progress has been made.

Yeah, this makes complete sense and I think I jumped the gun a little when I read your post. We want to focus more on mini events and roleplay this month as it will keep people on the server rather than spend all our time making huge events while the server sits vacant

I mentioned it a little in my post on the off-topic thread https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...03&page=12

Mini events are still events. Same result. Instead you should be planning just normal rp. Create basic options. Showcase what the game mode is. Have people make shops (gun dealers, chefs, etc), have people go corleone and rebels, get people to form a functioning government, etc. You want to attract new players.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Dubwub
(09-29-2022, 01:44 PM)Fultz Wrote: Mini events are still events. Same result. Instead you should be planning just normal rp. Create basic options. Showcase what the game mode is. Have people make shops (gun dealers, chefs, etc), have people go corleone and rebels, get people to form a functioning government, etc. You want to attract new players.

Exactly the plan, agree with everything except "Mini events are still events. Same result."
Mini events don't really have a strict definition, but when I refer to them I mean bigger roleplays with some sort of planning and backstory. These don't really need a thread to promote them beforehand and can just be done on the server when people feel like it, which would reward the people who are currently on the server with something unique. Then perhaps we could post a roleplay thread up after the event with some screenshots to show the forums. Interested to see what you think, its probably what we will be doing from here on out until / if we manage to pick up a lot of steam, and then perhaps we can plan one large event together as a team (everyone works on a small bit of it) on top of the regular roleplays.

It's what Luminess, Dantheman and I and anyone else in the events team who were available used to do quite often in February / March when the server was in a similar state, we would split ourselves among criminals, government and other supporting roles and if throughout the day we hit something like 25-30 players we would spawn down some mini event
The following 1 user Likes Self's post:
  • Hi-grade
(09-29-2022, 02:19 PM)Self Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 01:44 PM)Fultz Wrote: Mini events are still events. Same result. Instead you should be planning just normal rp. Create basic options. Showcase what the game mode is. Have people make shops (gun dealers, chefs, etc), have people go corleone and rebels, get people to form a functioning government, etc. You want to attract new players.

Exactly the plan, agree with everything except "Mini events are still events. Same result."
Mini events don't really have a strict definition, but when I refer to them I mean bigger roleplays with some sort of planning and backstory. These don't really need a thread to promote them beforehand and can just be done on the server when people feel like it, which would reward the people who are currently on the server with something unique. Then perhaps we could post a roleplay thread up after the event with some screenshots to show the forums. Interested to see what you think, its probably what we will be doing from here on out until / if we manage to pick up a lot of steam, and then perhaps we can plan one large event together as a team (everyone works on a small bit of it) on top of the regular roleplays.

It's what Luminess, Dantheman and I and anyone else in the events team who were available used to do quite often in February / March when the server was in a similar state, we would split ourselves among criminals, government and other supporting roles and if throughout the day we hit something like 25-30 players we would spawn down some mini event

That’s the step you want to go again. Use the jobs provided and provide an interactive city. The reason I think even mini events aren’t beneficial at the moment is due to them almost always being located outside the city and not using current jobs. They are a like a wet bandage to fix the problem. I think v2d is also best for the time being as well. It is more compact so it forces more player interaction. Ban the slums for basing and promote a passive interactive city and use the small sample of selected buildings for bases while keeping them basic and easily raidable for everyone. Then you can go to a bigger map once server population stabilizes.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Self, VIVZZ
(09-29-2022, 04:58 PM)Fultz Wrote:

That’s the step you want to go again. Use the jobs provided and provide an interactive city. The reason I think even mini events aren’t beneficial at the moment is due to them almost always being located outside the city and not using current jobs. They are a like a wet bandage to fix the problem. I think v2d is also best for the time being as well. It is more compact so it forces more player interaction. Ban the slums for basing and promote a passive interactive city and use the small sample of selected buildings for bases while keeping them basic and easily raidable for everyone. Then you can go to a bigger map once server population stabilizes.

Bro you are talking like Dortmund without Haaland

V2d without slums base is like Dortmund playing in a red kit, just stop you yank
Seriously though, just sum it up as a massive shambles at the moment, it’s like a F1 track, there’s a few straights where it improves, but in reality it loops back round.

I played a few times a couple weeks ago and actually enjoyed it, struggle was there was no more than 15 people so when I tried playing as police, it was chasing a few speeding cars and then it was completely dead.

I suggest myself and GHOSTKILLER become event coordinators and bring agg rp back.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Generation
(09-29-2022, 06:34 PM)Falc Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 04:58 PM)Fultz Wrote:

Bro you are talking like Dortmund without Haaland

V2d without slums base is like Dortmund playing in a red kit, just stop you yank

[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

I liked the slums base.
Custom the street a little bit to have a "Chinatown" to develop a gang activity.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
(09-29-2022, 06:55 AM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 10:12 PM)James Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 05:41 PM)Lewwings Wrote: but I'd say things are on the up; slowly but surely.

i need some of that copium you're huffing

I agree here, that statement is definiately delusional.

Seems like you're having a hard time standing face to face with the fact that people don't think you're near as good as the original team. You really took it personal, huh?