Community Update #4
(09-04-2022, 02:33 PM)Equinox Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 12:54 PM)Bulldogg Wrote: Remove the dynamic economy; it's the worst thing you could ever do to an RP server, in my opinion.
Reinstate the mentioned V4B1 (What people voted on, not the edited version) Please specify it the next time.
If you believe that short-term solutions in a videogame will have no impact on long-term solutions, then you are mistaken.

"we need changes that bring the community together, bolster roleplay, and reignite the spark for creativity that FL has had in the past"
Because the majority of the changes in the survey were for "short term solutions," I'd like to know what long-term solutions/changes you have in mind. For example, you can't boost roleplay while most goods are in short supply. Aside from what you can accomplish internally, the most of it is dependent on people, therefore it becomes external, and you have no control over if people roleplay.

This isn't meant to be a slam, but I tried to offer some criticism because I'm sure the majority just follows along.

The edited version of v4b1 is meant to be a straight upgrade from the original, removing minor bugs, optimising the environment, adding event box to supplement event server, replacing low-populated buildings and areas with better ones while trying to stick to original layout as much as possible for backwards compatibility with existing dupes.

I understand...
But my point remains.
It would be the same if you requested a cheesecake and they brought you a carrotcake because they thought it was tastier, but if they had told you about the carrotcake earlier, you might have selected something different.

To clarify, fixing minor bugs is great, but the map has been modified to the point where it should have been mentioned.
(09-04-2022, 03:18 PM)Bulldogg Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 12:54 PM)Bulldogg Wrote: Remove the dynamic economy; it's the worst thing you could ever do to an RP server, in my opinion.
Reinstate the mentioned V4B1 (What people voted on, not the edited version) Please specify it the next time.
If you believe that short-term solutions in a videogame will have no impact on long-term solutions, then you are mistaken.

"we need changes that bring the community together, bolster roleplay, and reignite the spark for creativity that FL has had in the past"
Because the majority of the changes in the survey were for "short term solutions," I'd like to know what long-term solutions/changes you have in mind. For example, you can't boost roleplay while most goods are in short supply. Aside from what you can accomplish internally, the most of it is dependent on people, therefore it becomes external, and you have no control over if people roleplay.

This isn't meant to be a slam, but I tried to offer some criticism because I'm sure the majority just follows along.

The edited version of v4b1 is meant to be a straight upgrade from the original, removing minor bugs, optimising the environment, adding event box to supplement event server, replacing low-populated buildings and areas with better ones while trying to stick to original layout as much as possible for backwards compatibility with existing dupes.

I understand...
But my point remains.
It would be the same if you requested a cheesecake and they brought you a carrotcake because they thought it was tastier, but if they had told you about the carrotcake earlier, you might have selected something different.

To clarify, fixing minor bugs is great, but the map has been modified to the point where it should have been mentioned.

I'm trying to avoid pointless semantics here, but cheesecake and carrotcake is same difference as v4b1 and v2d. The difference between v4b1 and v4b1fl is cheesecake and cheesecake with additional cream on top. I'm not the creator of the survey, but I presume the reason why "general" question was asked is, v4b1 Nexus dupe can be used both on original and edit, the general store dupe can be used on both as well, jails and villas, exactly same. The management wants to know which *layout* (and not *specifics*) people prefer, and what is the biggest pool of dupes that people favor and own the most. Other than that, you'd have to ask the author of the survey, or management itself. From EC point of view this question is purely, no hard feelings, just semantics.
~ Equinox ~
(09-04-2022, 03:34 PM)Equinox Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 03:18 PM)Bulldogg Wrote:

I understand...
But my point remains.

I'm trying to avoid pointless semantics here, but cheesecake and carrotcake is same difference as v4b1 and v2d. The difference between v4b1 and v4b1fl is cheesecake and cheesecake with additional cream on top. I'm not the creator of the survey, but I presume the reason why "general" question was asked is, v4b1 Nexus dupe can be used both on original and edit, the general store dupe can be used on both as well, jails and villas, exactly same. The management wants to know which *layout* (and not *specifics*) people prefer, and what is the biggest pool of dupes that people favor and own the most. Other than that, you'd have to ask the author of the survey, or management itself. From EC point of view this question is purely, no hard feelings, just semantics.

But do you see what I mean? So whether the carrotcake or the cheesecake is this or that is unimportant.
So what if I didn't want the cream on top or thought it ruined the cake?
After seeing the revised version in its entirety, I mostly see lake extension and linking roads, which aren't specifics; I'd argue the opposite and say it's part of the layout, but that's subjective.

You must understand that whether I find it good or bad is irrelevant. It is significant because it alters the map.

There should be no resentment. We're having a debate; there can only be two winners, right?
Nice!
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Great work!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Anyone see that E.T was being broadcasted in Cinema like the other night, pretty cool tbf i miss that movie
This is great and all, but give me a call when Lynchy is unbanned
You're welcome for my existence
The following 1 user Likes RaMe*'s post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(09-06-2022, 06:18 PM)RaMe* Wrote: This is great and all, but give me a call when Lynchy is unbanned

Sat in my cell eating cornflakes with my racist toy