serious fl discussion ideas
Wait so is this server still a thing or nah
(09-26-2022, 10:49 PM)Self Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 05:10 PM)Bulldogg Wrote: Well, surely a simple sentence such as quality over quancity havnt crossed their minds.
Surely, it has nothing to do with the fact that the two people promoted were playing League of Legends with Pollux & co (which im really good at myself btw, mid main peak grandmaster).
With a weak owner who is by the looks, readily swayed and has acquired critical thinking to an limited degree for unknown reasons? Age/experience maybe a variable.
There's simply no point anymore. The argument/talking with community stage, is long over due. 
Let us appreciate what is left for as long as we can.

Are you referring to me in the first half of this? I prefer to stay out of 'the spotlight' and avoid posting things in threads like this with little thought, opting instead to play on the server and work with my team to make a difference, which was especially noticed by the team while I was an event coordinator and event manager the past 21 months. If Pollux was just promoting friends to management, I wouldn't have this opportunity right now, as my relationship with him has been very cold for the past 2 years, so don't make assumptions.

We can all agree that FL is in a really sad state at the minute and I completely agree with what Jan has to say regarding attitude, the only way somethings going to change is if we do something. The events team have been a shining example this month and have worked hard to deliver events even though they have no guarantee whatsoever that anyone will show up to them. Hopefully we can continue this effort into October as the Halloween season is great for fun event ideas. Events alone wont revive the server, I know this, we all know this, we need to get all of FL’s cogs running again, and new innovative cogs added to thrust the server into a stable future. It’s really awesome to see so many people contributing to this thread who’ve been around for so many years, and it’s a fact that everyone who’s still here cares for the server, each giving their own ideas on how to keep it alive. This is a fact that’s often forgotten during the arguments that are inevitable on these kinds of threads when ideas clash, and it’s hard to know for sure which ideas are going to work.

Currently my only idea for development is to tweak and update every system that was just added to the server as frankly there are problems with some of them (contraband system, leaves new members confused or bored) and they feel somewhat redundant or unfinished (in my opinion, dynamic economy delivery system). When we’ve got that sorted we can start marching ahead with some of the great ideas community members have given on the survey, and continue to promote higher quality roleplay with the events team.

My current thinking is this: events bring around 25 players for the duration of the event, and then player count drops to 0 when the event is over. If event coordinators focus on various roleplays (roleplays and mini events but NOT focusing on big events) then perhaps a stable 10-15 players can be achieved. When the tweaks for the updates are rolled out, the server will be much more enjoyable and perhaps we could see a consistent 25 players at peak time without events, as players will enjoy doing contraband which in turn promotes government etc. Then, throw an event on top of this and maybe we could hit 50 players again. Then along with updates that the majority of the community want, perhaps we can restore the player base. This sort of thing was achieved temporarily by the events team, friends and I earlier this year by focusing on roleplay before events.

Apologies that this is so long, and I should just note that my DMs on discord are always open and I’d be more than happy to hear from people there

Thank you for clarifying my assumption; it just appears a little strange from the outside ngl.
It's fantastic that you have solutions, and I believe they're quite progressive at this point. I fully agree with the contraband, which Pollux tragically ignored, but it is what it is. I'm hoping everything works out. However, my final point remains.
The following 1 user Likes Bulldogg's post:
  • Self
(09-28-2022, 11:19 AM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: Wait so is this server still a thing or nah

At this point, sadly, I don't think so.

Unless something radical happens, I don't see revival on the horizon. Even with the ideas people have put forward it's all conjecture and nobody knows if it will drive growth.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • L Y N C H Y, VIVZZ
(09-29-2022, 12:08 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 11:19 AM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: Wait so is this server still a thing or nah

At this point, sadly, I don't think so.

Unless something radical happens, I don't see revival on the horizon. Even with the ideas people have put forward it's all conjecture and nobody knows if it will drive growth.

I hate to be so negative but I cant think of 1 thing let alone 3 or 4 that would keep FL going actively for more than lets say a couple of weeks to a month constantly active.
So basically
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
I suggest changing to v2d
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
I suggest changing to Littletown

Fearless Gaming Ltd. Garry's Mod City Roleplaying Server has not been the same since we made the switch
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
just done a quick comparison on comparethemarket.com and the results the meerkats gave me are damning. highest potential player population if we switch to v2d. can’t argue with the facts lads get it done
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 8 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Forgee, Link, Haarek, aDisabledDeer, ART, Rossi, Suarez, VIVZZ
(09-29-2022, 07:32 PM)Zecon Wrote: just done a quick comparison on comparethemarket.com and the results the meerkats gave me are damning. highest potential player population if we switch to v2d. can’t argue with the facts lads get it done

Unless I see Martin Lewis verify this on this morning while Holly Willybooby cries about it, I say fake news.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Link
yes v2d good
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Vauld