serious fl discussion ideas
(09-23-2022, 11:46 AM)ART Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 11:33 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 08:28 AM)Haarek Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 11:07 PM)Boonan Wrote: In all fairness V2D wasn't the community favourite which is why we aren't on it - if it obtained the most votes we'd be on it but that wasn't the case.
The "best" and "community favourite" often has no correlation on FL.
That is unfortunately the honest truth.

(09-22-2022, 11:07 PM)Boonan Wrote: People say it doesn't help but it does, every time the server has hit above 12 players is because Wolven has sat on the server alone whilst doing other stuff to get the ball rolling, after that spontaneous events happen or events that have already been planned but require a handful of players will commence, its a slow process, but just because some people don't have the patience to let things improve, doesn't mean everyone else should abandon FL on Garry's Mod and switch to a new game to continue FL or just let it die on Garry's Mod. Again its a long process so be patient and think before you blurt out something completely idiotic about someone or something that has zero connection to one another

Having a map like v2d would tremendously help Wolven, and everyone else populate the server faster.

I think there's a needless stigma against v2d right now -
the map seems like a logical choice for the predicament FL is in at the moment.

It could be easier to get the ball rolling on a smaller map like v2d, as it generates more player interaction.

V2D would be nice for nostalgia but it's also a very controversial map which meant it'd be very risky for us to swap to it, it also really not that small with it often feeling much bigger than V4B1 due to it not looping. Siphon has a side-by-side comparison somewhere showing that it's actually the same size if not bigger than V4B1, especially when it comes to driving distances. V4B1 was the safe pick with almost everyone voting for it which is why we went to it, it also has things such as event boxes which makes it easier for the EC team to host events on main - something which I'm sure you'll agree is very vital right now.

I do find it odd that a few of you were at first telling us to swap to V2D as it's what the community wanted, and now that we've swapped to V4B1 (as it turns out the community wanted V4B1) we're being told to ignore what the community wants and go V2D. I don't think there's any way to exactly please everyone here when it comes to the map which is why switching yet again is probably pointless, it's easier to just stay on the map everyone likes or at the very least doesn't mind. I also really do hate the focus on the map, I thought we concluded a while back that the map is just used as a scapegoat for pretty much every other issue?

We've done things for the sake of nostalgia in the past and it usually does wear off pretty quick, one thing that we were looking into was some sort of nostalgia night where we do swap to V2D and an old version of the gamemode on the event server for a bit. If we do end up giving up or once FL is a bit more stable we'll look into finishing that up as it'd be nice.

EDIT: I'd actually like to ask you something, do you genuinely believe V2D would significantly help with FLs situation? I would agree that it'd have short term nostalgia, but we'll likely be on it for a while. We've seen V2D in the past do very well for about a week before completely dying off, do you think it'll be different this time?
How is it a risk for you? You guys litterly lost evry active player.

By literally just being on the server before peak time, we were able to get 25-30 people on. That much proves that people are still interested in FL and we need to focus on making it sustainable instead. Our reach is still there, people still look at the discord and forums daily to see if people are on. I don't want to do things for the sake of it, I only want to do things when they actually make sense and are likely to have a positive benefit.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
So I was on the server a few times when you claimed it popped off.
So the majority was staff who were not RPing and were simply sticking on.
I was just driving around because there wasn't much else to do.
I purposefully crashed into a tree so Mint and Self could RP.
So I agree with Art, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

[Image: 5ec352e9833fef12fe0928cd8a0e7ba5.png]

EDIT: It felt strange, like everyone was gathered within Mainstreet and no one knew what to do, but everyone was on the server just for the sake of it.
SoulRipper we need you. Bring the Soul back into FL.
(09-23-2022, 12:58 PM)Bulldogg Wrote: -Snip-

I really hope the end of your statement is a joke. Because with all due respect bringing Soul wouldn't change anything and would probably make the situation worse.

Also I'm failing to understand a major part of your statement. So let me just break it down quickly. You were on the server and there were players on (Staff or not is irrelevant). And YOU decided to create an RP yet are seemingly complaining about creating an RP? FL realistically needs to be a community effort. So, yes, the team have a responsibility to pull their weight but players equally have a responsibility to create fun, unique, spontaneous RPs. So if one of the main points of your argument is was there was little to do so you made an RP (Which it feels like you're complaining about) then maybe an RP server isn't for you?
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Boonan
(09-23-2022, 02:28 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
-Snip-

I'm just giving you an inside look at what a typical player goes through rn. Which I've discussed with multiple people to name a few Tonetta and RaZZ.
It was mostly just some inside information from my time on the server & the people that I played with.
And no, I was instructed to drive into a tree in order for there to be some RP, so chill down lmao.
To be clear, I was not complaining about anything; rather, I was providing some insight into what it was like to be on the server > giving art the benefit of the doubt.
Don't you think it's a little impolite to comment on whether or not an RP server is for me, given I've been here since 2013 and have far more experience and knowingly far more competent than you?

I can confidently say that SoulRipper will not worsen the situation. The situation is already as bad as it has ever been.
Considering your statements, maybe an RP server isn't for you?

but players equally have a responsibility to create fun, unique, spontaneous RPs. 

Players don’t have to do jack shit, all they have to do is press the disconnect button if they feel like they’re joining an empty boring server. 

What an attitude, you’re simply so wrong here. Imagine Rockstar releasing an online part for GTA 6 with no content to then blame their playerbase for not making it fun, lmao.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Rossi, Bulldogg
if you chaps want people on the server then just press the connect button Smile
Has the server folded it on itself yet

I really hope the end of your statement is a joke. Because with all due respect bringing Soul wouldn't change anything and would probably make the situation worse.

It dosen't suit management to down-talk that ONE person that kept the entire wheel alive throughout it's peak years. Remember how everythign died when he left? FL has been struggling ever since. Just becuase he probably wouldnt have made you even moderator, dosen't mean he wouldve made it "worse".
I hope everyone is enjoying their September so far. October soon, skeletons and all that.
~ Equinox ~
The following 1 user Likes User 19014's post:
  • Arkten