serious fl discussion ideas
(09-08-2022, 12:52 AM)Bulldogg Wrote: I honestly believe Garry's Mod in general is dying as a game, despite its popularity back in the day. And, as I have indicated, the best method would be to seek out existing players rather than looking for new ones. Because new people are less likely to join if there is no stable playercount, which is caused by members in the community playing, and there are numerous examples of this.
So I hope management sees things through a different lens in order to regain people's trust.
Because there are many people within and beyond the community who are upset and bitter over known and unknown reasons. The question should be, can Fearless reclaim the prior playerbase? I'm not talking about old players that come on for a week and then leave, but simply 20-25 people, which isn't much considering how large the community is.
This may appear harsh, but something must change.

There's really no data that even hints that it's dying anytime soon, which is why we're sticking to gmod. Overall player count looks pretty stable. There also just really isn't another game that exists right now that'll be suitable for our needs, we've already done a lot of research in the past.

[Image: raw]

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/4000#All

I don't think we've been exclusively targeting any one group of players, we need both existing and new players to be sustainable and we've been doing stuff to attract both. Considering we hit 30 players by a few of us just joining the server a bit before peak time a few days ago, I think it's more than possible to get even a full server again if that was accompanied by more. It'll obviously take time but it's definitely not an impossible task considering what we've proven so far. It's very much just a game of players bringing players, and needing something to bolster a few players on in the first place; no one wants to join an empty server but one with a few on is a lot more tempting.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Its a weird one really when I wasn't banned I would join even if there was 1 player or sometimes even on my own it takes players like that to like jump start it as id join people who know me would join and more n more players join because they see more than 0 or 1 players, I am not saying FL can only survive if it has players who can play without needing 30+ players but it does help a lot
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Wolven
Lynchy, you have to start using punctuation...
You are too old for this.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(09-09-2022, 08:39 AM)Haarek Wrote: Lynchy, you have to start using punctuation...
You are too old for this.

Punctuation is a myth
(09-09-2022, 09:13 PM)Generation Wrote: ?

So much word vomit. Thanks for reminding me fearless is played on gmod. Very insightful John McClane.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Dragnort_
(09-09-2022, 09:13 PM)Generation Wrote: Let's talk serious
-snip

Bee movie script

-Removed by Steven8ken
We need more management
The following 2 users Like Nadrickk's post:
  • RaZZ, ART
(09-12-2022, 10:10 AM)Nadrickk Wrote: We need more management
What for? To stop people minging or being asshats?

I think less mgmt and more focus on authority in RP, so mods should be police, arrest a bad role player super tazer(taze the car driver, unlimited range, etc) instead of flying. And then talk to the person in the prison, If they don't want to play the game, then kick/bans etc.
(09-13-2022, 01:31 PM)pbgben Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:10 AM)Nadrickk Wrote: We need more management
What for? To stop people minging or being asshats?

I think less mgmt and more focus on authority in RP, so mods should be police, arrest a bad role player super tazer(taze the car driver, unlimited range, etc) instead of flying. And then talk to the person in the prison, If they don't want to play the game, then kick/bans etc.
What are u talking bro
WE NEED MORE MANAGEMENT!
Well, surely a simple sentence such as quality over quancity havnt crossed their minds.
Surely, it has nothing to do with the fact that the two people promoted were playing League of Legends with Pollux & co (which im really good at myself btw, mid main peak grandmaster).
With a weak owner who is by the looks, readily swayed and has acquired critical thinking to an limited degree for unknown reasons? Age/experience maybe a variable.
There's simply no point anymore. The argument/talking with community stage, is long over due.
Let us appreciate what is left for as long as we can.
The following 2 users Like Bulldogg's post:
  • RaZZ, ART