serious fl discussion ideas
Update was awesome, but unfortunately I think longer term it's difficult to keep traction without rehauling everything. I applaud Pollux and the devs for getting the ball moving but the low player population is a compounding issue regarding a million little things accumulating for like 7 years. It's not gonna be fixed instantly and I fear it might be too late now to really fix it.

I think taking any funds left and trying something completely new is probably the best move, everything has a lifecycle and I think we're approaching the end for the City RP gamemode which sucks but it can live on in a different gamemode, different server - something new but with the soul of FL.
The following 2 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Nadrickk, Boonan
(09-02-2022, 12:35 AM)Vauld Wrote: Update was awesome, but unfortunately I think longer term it's difficult to keep traction without rehauling everything. I applaud Pollux and the devs for getting the ball moving but the low player population is a compounding issue regarding a million little things accumulating for like 7 years. It's not gonna be fixed instantly and I fear it might be too late now to really fix it.

I think taking any funds left and trying something completely new is probably the best move, everything has a lifecycle and I think we're approaching the end for the City RP gamemode which sucks but it can live on in a different gamemode, different server - something new but with the soul of FL.

As someone who spent their entire entire youth on this, damn does it hurt to read man.
(08-29-2022, 01:11 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: Out of interest, which cars, models, guns etc are overly highly detailed?
Are we talking about systems (VCMod, CW) or the models (Car Models, Gun Models)?
If it's models, for weapons, are we talking about world or view models?
Or is it just more of a general feeling?

Feel free to respond here, or DM me on discord or PM on the forums, whatever works best for you.
Cheers.

Mostly world models for cars and new prop packs.
In my opinion especially things like cars should not need to be highly detailed - the visual appeal is not worth the performance loss.

If you remember cars like the Volvo S60, Family Van and the current Tides truck - those are good benchmarks for how the cars should be.
I realise that is a bold statement - and you probably wouldn't agree.

Point is, they aren't over the top frame sucking demons.

I think an important aspect for immersion and the all-over "completeness" of the game mode; is to keep textures and models the same resolution. i.e. there's a reason every block and item in Minecraft is 16*16. It doesn't suddenly churn out oak logs with a 512*512 resolution - while everything around is 16*16. It doesn't look right... The cars on FL sometimes feel like that.

Regardless, this whole rabbit-hole is quite mute at the moment.
I believe there's other things to do which would help more in our current situation.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Conn
Pass me the head manager role, and let me assemble a team of four master minds, and I assure you I won't let you down. Also, I have funds/capital that I'd be happy to use.

Disclaimer: its a joke obviously... But if you take it less as a joke, I'm also serious about it.
more merch
bring in sex swep and lets have some sex toys as merch and lets make it so you can rape but people can carry rape alarms so police get alerted will bring in lots of RP
(09-07-2022, 12:34 PM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: bring in sex swep and lets have some sex toys as merch and lets make it so you can rape but people can carry rape alarms so police get alerted will bring in lots of RP
https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/Server_Operator_Rules
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(09-07-2022, 01:05 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 12:34 PM)L Y N C H Y Wrote: bring in sex swep and lets have some sex toys as merch and lets make it so you can rape but people can carry rape alarms so police get alerted will bring in lots of RP
https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/Server_Operator_Rules

Games gone soft
(09-02-2022, 12:35 AM)Vauld Wrote: Update was awesome, but unfortunately I think longer term it's difficult to keep traction without rehauling everything. I applaud Pollux and the devs for getting the ball moving but the low player population is a compounding issue regarding a million little things accumulating for like 7 years. It's not gonna be fixed instantly and I fear it might be too late now to really fix it.

photobucket
I honestly believe Garry's Mod in general is dying as a game, despite its popularity back in the day. And, as I have indicated, the best method would be to seek out existing players rather than looking for new ones. Because new people are less likely to join if there is no stable playercount, which is caused by members in the community playing, and there are numerous examples of this.
So I hope management sees things through a different lens in order to regain people's trust.
Because there are many people within and beyond the community who are upset and bitter over known and unknown reasons. The question should be, can Fearless reclaim the prior playerbase? I'm not talking about old players that come on for a week and then leave, but simply 20-25 people, which isn't much considering how large the community is.
This may appear harsh, but something must change.