Gamemode Revert contrabands
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Revert contrabands

Description
Rework contrabands either back, or so that you can be "afk".

Why?
This is because, in the long run (for passiverp incomes its fine as its different), repeating the same thing again and over will be tiresome. Rather, the player should guard the base properly, engage in daily activities, and roleplay while earning money.

By doing this, paradoxically enough, it makes individuals more afk and keeps them at their residence for longer, just paying attention to their printers. As with the previous contraband, in most scenarios you would place contra > leave > get a notification > evaluate the situation > go back/not - allowing for a better RP experience.
Is there going to be some guy sitting in tides hotel propblocking himself in a room and doing contrabands? Sure, but aren't there always going to be them, regardless of the rework?
The following 3 users Like Bulldogg's post:
  • ART, TonettaFan #2319, Ausverkauft
+support whilst the new system came with good intentions it just doesn't flow with how people play the game.
The following 1 user Likes Apexius Keksius's post:
  • ART
+Support

Maybe even rework the new one to work like old one with possible upgrades that require time investment or constant work on it with a trade-off with less out-of-the-base time, so it's up to players and their daily mood to decide how they're going to be using it.

It's how it works the best. A group of people places a dupe, spawns all possible contraband and they leave off to go rob people or raid Nexus until they die or get an alert that their contraband needs refilling.

Constant work on contraband is a grindy RPG experience. Leaving your contraband behind lets you do more RP with players and gives actual thieves a chance to work on it. With this contraband everyone just stands next to their contraband 24/7.
~ Equinox ~
Huge +support
(08-08-2022, 11:48 PM)Equinox Wrote: +Support

Maybe even rework the new one to work like old one with possible upgrades that require time investment or constant work on it with a trade-off with less out-of-the-base time, so it's up to players and their daily mood to decide how they're going to be using it.

It's how it works the best. A group of people places a dupe, spawns all possible contraband and they leave off to go rob people or raid Nexus until they die or get an alert that their contraband needs refilling.

Constant work on contraband is a grindy RPG experience. Leaving your contraband behind lets you do more RP with players and gives actual thieves a chance to work on it. With this contraband everyone just stands next to their contraband 24/7.
+support
You don't have to babysit contraband, from when my org were doing it we were able to leave it alone for ages after stocking it up. I don't get how it's a "grindy rpg" when all you have to do is refill paper and ink every hour or so?

Is this actually an issue with how contra works or are people being influenced by the payout?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
takes up too much room, try getting 4 of them in a slums apartment when you have props down, buggy when on props they fling and kill you, i dont mind the attachments n all that comes with it however i just feel it takes up way too much room tbf so annoying when in smaller places

+Support to edit or replace or revert
(08-12-2022, 11:14 AM)Pollux Wrote: You don't have to babysit contraband, from when my org were doing it we were able to leave it alone for ages after stocking it up. I don't get how it's a "grindy rpg" when all you have to do is refill paper and ink every hour or so?

Is this actually an issue with how contra works or are people being influenced by the payout?

Pollux, we are many people who hate the grind, having to buy the ink and refill paper from the marked. It's more simple with place > wait > click e. Payouts are irrelevant; this thread is not about it. Reread what I said.
If you believe it's simple, it must be simple for everyone. We are far beyond that rhetoric.

An admin said this, since your only listening to admins, I hope this can change your mind:
"will 100% get done as many want it to be worth their time and not the laborious task it is currently."

What do you even mean by this "are people being influenced by the payout?" honestly does it even come as a surprise anymore?
The following 1 user Likes Bulldogg's post:
  • ART
Contraband is a topic in the survey, we'll be looking at the survey results to decide what to do when it comes to contraband as the survey has way more responses than a suggestion would ever get. We'll not be reverting the update, however we're aware there's a few things that can be tweaked to make it better. A lot of the complaints we've seen in this suggestion also appear to be incorrect, which would suggest that it's more a lack of information when it comes to how to do contraband or people more hating on it due to it not giving as much as the old system (the amount it gives is being buffed anyway as per another suggestion).

Closed.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork