FL Survey 2022
(08-12-2022, 06:57 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:53 PM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:44 PM)livkx Wrote: some good points in here but tbh dont care i want v2d

You can't, the staff team tells us we don't want it
The staff team says no.
But the developers force things through.

Looks like we're at a Mexican standoff here.
Who wins?

No one wins if the playerbase dosen't get what they want. They simply move on. Refers to the current "0 of 50" server status. We're at the exact same position as 2 months ago. Community wants one thing, staff/Dev says no. And the current status is the result.
(08-12-2022, 07:12 PM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:57 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:53 PM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 06:44 PM)livkx Wrote: some good points in here but tbh dont care i want v2d

You can't, the staff team tells us we don't want it
The staff team says no.
But the developers force things through.

Looks like we're at a Mexican standoff here.
Who wins?

No one wins if the playerbase dosen't get what they want. They simply move on. Refers to the current "0 of 50" server status. We're at the exact same position as 2 months ago. Community wants one thing, staff/Dev says no. And the current status is the result.

The entire economy update happened because of the last survey. You guys overwhelmingly voted (out of 104 votes, there were only 8 people against it) for some kind of player-run economy so we did it. We wiped suggestions and started again because you all voted for it. We reworked contraband and many other features because we saw you guys wanted them improved in the survey. Just because what you wanted did not happen, doesn't mean we don't listen to the community as we clearly have. The majority of people who has responded on the survey also appear to agree that the development team have done a good job in prioritising what the community needs. FL has a massive issue with vocal minorities, the reason we do surveys is to figure out what people really want and avoid falling into the trap of listening to a select few who end up never joining - like what we saw the last few times V2D was attempted. It's very interesting listening to those vocal in this thread and looking at the survey, as they often contradict each other quite a bit especially if we only look at active players (above 20 hours played in the past two years). It's somewhat disappointing to see people (especially those who literally haven't played in many years) use the current situation as an excuse to push their own personal views to "fix everything", even when their personal views are completely opposite to what the majority of people seem to want.

Many people have also been really focused on the map when it means literally nothing, we've swapped map constantly for the past two years and it's likely hurt us a lot more than it has helped. I don't think we've gone a month since we started swapping without people trying to petition for us to swap yet again, the biggest regret many of us likely have is even showing we're open to swapping if people are vocal enough.

I suppose my point is just for people to wait for the survey to finish and our next update post deciding on the direction we're going in. The survey will be what we use to decide that, not people being vocal on this thread about their personal views - you have the survey for that.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Give me V2D now!

On a more serious note, as much as I would love to have v2d back, I just find it funny how the community vote for it back with key points including "it's good for RP, the nostalgia is nice, the city is small so more player interaction" etc. As much as these are great points, what happened the past few times in which we swapped to v2d because the community voiced their opinion on wanting it back? It failed. Just like most of the maps in which we switch to. There's no winning in having a 50/50 split because one half of the server will be upset whilst the other half are happy for about a week; back to square one. I'm sure management are going to thoroughly go through the survey, of course they want to see the server thrive again so I'm sure they'll come to some middle ground where most people are happy and the results which have been submitted are weighed with pros and cons.

Let management sort it out, going back and forth about the past isn't going to work.
Wolven

honestly i wanna see rp_hometown2000 edit
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • Boonan
(08-12-2022, 07:27 PM)Wolven Wrote: Give me V2D now!

On a more serious note, as much as I would love to have v2d back, I just find it funny how the community vote for it back with key points including "it's good for RP, the nostalgia is nice, the city is small so more player interaction" etc. As much as these are great points, what happened the past few times in which we swapped to v2d because the community voiced their opinion on wanting it back? It failed. Just like most of the maps in which we switch to. There's no winning in having a 50/50 split because one half of the server will be upset whilst the other half are happy for about a week; back to square one. I'm sure management are going to thoroughly go through the survey, of course they want to see the server thrive again so I'm sure they'll come to some middle ground where most people are happy and the results which have been submitted are weighed with pros and cons.

Let management sort it out, going back and forth about the past isn't going to work.

I map doesn’t make a server playable or gain players. It’s the community, the player interaction, a sense of progress and an actual player base. 

A map won’t bring back players, so to say it failed is a bit of a misdirected phrase being used. Others, such as myself have stated smaller maps for the using to deal with the low player count and increase the odds of seeing a single soul.

Swapping a failed map to another map won’t do a thing. So I could agree with you on how it won’t bring 75 plus players back and an instant revival.
The following 5 users Like Rossi's post:
  • Wolven, Boonan, Generation, ART, Ausverkauft
Tbf V2D wouldn’t be the same anyways you all want it but you remember the times when base rules were a lot different if your wanting V2D for the OP natural doomforts that’s laughable as the Staff team will literally destroy every part of that of V2D happens mark my words the bases won’t be the same for slums you ain’t gonna be able to have half of those places unless you modify to make it a very fair which is hard to do really, I mainly liked V2D for that place in slums where you have to go up that small plank of wood however if I was to base there now it won’t be the same with the new rules that place ain’t gonna be nothing how it was before and neither will all the other places
The following 2 users Like L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Rossi, ART
Hello,

I was ready a few messages in this thread with importants concerns:
=> Map
=> Gamemode
=> Gameplay Lifetime
=> RPG Elements

It's not the first time I see a survey, idea is good.

If I can suggest a Marketing Research plan with questions (simple plan): to help identify ongoing issues, develop plan and search solutions for the community Smile
[Image: 5-Basic-Steps-in-Process-of-Marketing-Research.png]
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 3 users Like Generation's post:
  • EAGLE:), ART, Ausverkauft
In my opinion FL needs to take more risks. Test the waters with a GTA RP community, make a completley new gamemode etc.

Sure updates and map changes are nice, but that’s all temporary. Once you have tried out the new items, or seen the entire map, it is back to ‘what now?’. At least from my experience. I think this survey is a good step in the right direction.
The following 4 users Like Random's post:
  • ART, Wolven, Nadrickk, Ausverkauft
(08-13-2022, 08:36 AM)Random Wrote: In my opinion FL needs to take more risks. Test the waters with a GTA RP community, make a completley new gamemode etc.

Sure updates and map changes are nice, but that’s all temporary. Once you have tried out the new items, or seen the entire map, it is back to ‘what now?’. At least from my experience. I think this survey is a good step in the right direction.
Fl will never take any risk,look at the management..
(08-13-2022, 08:53 AM)ART Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:36 AM)Random Wrote: In my opinion FL needs to take more risks. Test the waters with a GTA RP community, make a completley new gamemode etc.

Fl will never take any risk,look at the management..
what does this mean lmao
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator