Gamemode Secret Service Role
-support. however, I think the medkit for the police role would be nice if it was limited use and could only patch up to say 70% HP? as well as allowing officers to equip any gun (within some realism) from their inventory would be nice
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:116551935&b=22]
(07-01-2022, 06:49 AM)Nadrickk Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 06:19 AM)Equinox Wrote: -snip-

Make it a rule that you have to stay in nexus or atleast near the president. 
With the police nerf, I think it's fine to have a dediacted protection team to the president.. 2-3. 

The swat is basically forced to go out on calls because regular officers got nerfed to oblivion, so IMO it's easy to just fake call SWAT out, and then nuke the president.

EDIT: Also gets people out of the citizen job and into RP jobs, and another way of earning money I guess

That's why people go security guard job. You get free baton, free zipties, higher salary, your own spot on scoreboard, ...

Think the contrary, what if president doesn't want 3 quasi-random people standing around him. There's things like Estleback / Meron-Tai president where he gets protection from the organization, there's 0-tax pacifist presidents who like to stay inside on their own, decorating their office without raidable laws or tax, ... If people want to have security, they just ask for it in advert, give them red pass and gun license. And no matter the server rules, we both know that there's going to be admin sits and courthouse posts where people will give excuses how secret service also does corruption investigation and raids like in real life, or getting direct orders from president himself where SWAT & PD got so overwhelmed that any armed gov worker would be of a help on streets...
~ Equinox ~
-support

SWAT is both secret service and SRU merged into one role to make it more fun, similar to ERU.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
-support
[Image: 0SSh1TN.png]
Secret Service do not drop everything to support other federal law enforcement or state/local police. Dividing it into specific roles makes sense, and allows Presidential and might improve its RP - they will secure nexus, protect the President and ensure his safety 24/7 so the Government do not have to sit in their office and tax hoard. They can do as they please while SWAT can do their own thing.

+support
Just do /undercover request then /job Secret Service or become a citizen and do the same thing with a pass.

Also why do police think it's expensive to buy weapons when they legit get paid a good salary and get guns for cheaper? If it's a problem don't go into situations where you are certain to be killed. Risk and reward.
(07-01-2022, 11:59 AM)Equinox Wrote: And no matter the server rules, we both know that there's going to be admin sits and courthouse posts where people will give excuses how secret service also does corruption investigation and raids like in real life, or getting direct orders from president himself where SWAT & PD got so overwhelmed that any armed gov worker would be of a help on streets...

No matter the server rules, we both know that there's going to be admin sits and courthouse posts where people will give excuses for cdm like how the guy was just stood infront of me shooting so itd be fear rp to not run them over...

Basing suggestions on what the worst minority of players could do in @ calls is a very easy way to regressing into a state were we have no trust in the community at all, and I don't think that the Fearless Team shouldn't have any trust in the community.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
+support make the role only available if theres a vp/pres too to stop imbalance of cops etc

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • Dick
(07-01-2022, 08:35 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 11:59 AM)Equinox Wrote: -snip-

No matter the server rules, we both know that there's going to be admin sits and courthouse posts where people will give excuses for cdm like how the guy was just stood infront of me shooting so itd be fear rp to not run them over...

Basing suggestions on what the worst minority of players could do in @ calls is a very easy way to regressing into a state were we have no trust in the community at all, and I don't think that the Fearless Team shouldn't have any trust in the community.

In a perfect world, in ideal situation the gamemode would be made in such a way that there would be no need for admins. I was elaborating on my '-support' vote there, nothing more. In this case we'd increase the number of @ calls (straying away from ideal and perfect gamemode), since there'd be more of "admin pls he raided me as secret service". But if we leave the current situation as it is, i.e. letting presidents hiring citizen/security guard bodyguards (no free gov weapons supply, but personal, trying not to waste their own), there wouldn't be such a thing. And right now, there are no such issues. You purely missed the point what I was trying to get to.
~ Equinox ~
SWAT can already do both roles, adding yet more government roles will pretty much make half a full server part of the government force which will be very difficult to balance. It will also means SWAT has even less to do.

Denied, was also covered in community meeting.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork