Return of classic features to the gamemode
With the return of a few of the older features to the gamemode, I thought it might be a nice idea to discuss what people loved about FL in days gone by, with the hopes of picking out a few ideas that can be put into a suggestion thread.

Unlike a lot of servers, FL has been around for well over a decade now and it would be a wasted opportunity to not at least try and see if nostalgia helps draw people back.

I'll raise my hand and admit I am no developer so this may not be a viable option, but if the amount of time development has is an issue, why not try and re-implement old features or go the whole-way and revert to an old version of the gamemode? Could call it FL: Classic!

Some of the features I can think of are:

• The old loading screen music (not sure if any thing is set at the moment, haven't had an opportunity to check) Song 1 Song 2 Song 3
  • The old F1 menu + HUD 
  • Old suits, 
  • Old vehicles
  • Reverting to previous jobs like Special Service Agents
  • Consider reverting to the old rules because at the moment it's quite tedious and would be off-putting to new people trying to learn or old players returning. Gaming should not be a massive effort, it should be fun, especially given that this is a semi-serious server

I would also like to add that this may not be a perfect plan, but if we have old revisions of the gamemode available why not use them? It is worth a try at least and better than letting the community die after all this time. 

It's better to try and discuss ideas that to twiddle-thumbs and hope someone comes up with something, so by making this thread I am trying to do my bit and I encourage others to do the same!

It should be noted that this thread is intended to discuss gamemode content so posts should not include rants about how the server ought to die. Just putting it out there now.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 4 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • JT2017, dig, Rossi, TonettaFan #2319

Messages In This Thread
Return of classic features to the gamemode - by Nacreas - 11-02-2022, 04:45 AM
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by User 19014 - 11-05-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Return of classic features to the gamemode - by User 19014 - 11-06-2022, 07:44 PM