Username: Wolf

Accused Staff Member: Reebs

Involved Users:
  • CorieTheNub
  • Raccoon

Time/Date/Time Zone: 9th November - 24th November

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: Lying in the courthouse

Evidence and Explanation:

CorieTheNub recently created an unban request where he appealed one of the bans I handed out, as I am no longer a staff member Reebs claimed responsibility of the case and told Corie that he would get in contact with me regarding the case. Reebs reached out to me on Snapchat 10th of November where he explicit told me that he needed me on Sunday the 12th of November. I told him I was unavailable in the weekend as I would not be home, whereof he said he needed me Monday instead.
The weekend passed by and I was on the whole Monday as I was off work, I saw Reebs online on Steam quite a few times but I never received a message from him explaining what he needed from me, he never reached out to me.

Snapchat message:

Spoiler :
[Image: 48a995da7c5ba286bb1c92f5e22be299.png]

15th of November Reebs replies to the unban request stating that his attempts of getting in contact with me has been unsuccessful so far, which is a blatant lie. The one time he contacted me I replied to him which means he didn't fail of getting in touch with me one single time. He also stated that he would try again the next day, and guess what, no messsages from Reebs the following day eihter, that way blatantly lying in the unban request.

Corie then asks for an update 18th of November and Reebs replies the day after that no updates yet, which means he still didn't contact me regarding the unban request. As I am not a staff member and I'm not required in any way or form to keep an eye on unban requests, you can't expect me to be the one reaching out to you, it should be the other way around.

The very last message from Reebs is probably the one containing the biggest lie of them all, he writes that he repeatedly tried to contact me on multiple platforms such as Snapchat, Steam and others?. You say that you have repeatedly tried to contact me on Snapchat etc. but how come out of the 2-4 snaps I get from you daily, none have contained any kind of information that you wanted to talk with me about the unban request? You also say that you've tried to contact me on Steam multiple times, however, when I look at our Steam chat history on my phone, it shows that the last message I received from you was 26th of October, and in fact, that was me reaching out to you.

May I quote you this rule from the thread "HOWTO: Make an unban request"
Quote:7. Fabricating or tampering with evidence with intent to mislead, and providing false statements is under zero tolerance - committing such violations will lead to a lengthy forum ban.

Steam message history with Reebs:

Spoiler :
[Image: c01a386a947726dae2aec2d2fc4b1f84.png]

Good morning, Snow:

As I stated in my Snapchat messages with you last night, I had attempted to get in touch with you via steam over School WiFi on both the Monday and the Tuesday. The school WiFi can be spotty at times and doesn’t always work.

After you had not heard from me, why would you not contact me about it and give the information which you knew I needed? Why would you not contact me on the day you got home after you had not heard from me?

I understand that it isn’t your responsibility to keep tabs on appeals anymore, but if someone says they need information from you and you don’t hear from them, why wouldn’t you contact them and offer up the information yourself? You made no such attempts.

Should I have tried to contact you when I was at home and not on school WiFi which I know can be spotty at times? Yes, however that was a mistake on my part. I am by no means perfect. However, as you know I am extremely busy and can’t always be at my PC.

In addition, in regards to the 2-4 snapchats I send daily, they disappear after you view them and are therefore unreliable to collect the information and save it. Furthermore, I did not think to contact you and ask you for the information directly over Snapchat as the information I needed would likely be more accessible from a PC. Messaging you over snapchat about it was my way of notifying you that I need your help.

I have nothing more to add to this unless further statements from me are requested by a Supervising Administrator.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(11-24-2017, 02:16 PM)Reebs Wrote: Good morning, Snow:

As I stated in my Snapchat messages with you last night, I had attempted to get in touch with you via steam over School WiFi on both the Monday and the Tuesday. The school WiFi can be spotty at times and doesn’t always work.
In order for your Steam messages to not reach me you would need absolutely no internet at all, and steam usually notifies you when your message could not be delivered, on a phone that is. Not sure on a computer as Steam usually goes offline a split-second after losing internet, and if it can even use enough resources to show friends, it also delivers steam messages.

After you had not heard from me, why would you not contact me about it and give the information which you knew I needed? Why would you not contact me on the day you got home after you had not heard from me?
As I stated previously, it is not my responsibility to reach out to you to help you with Fearless related things. When you need a statement or anything from me regarding an unban request, you should be the one trying to achieve said statement.

I understand that it isn’t your responsibility to keep tabs on appeals anymore, but if someone says they need information from you and you don’t hear from them, why wouldn’t you contact them and offer up the information yourself? You made no such attempts.
^ Read above

Should I have tried to contact you when I was at home and not on school WiFi which I know can be spotty at times? Yes, however that was a mistake on my part. I am by no means perfect. However, as you know I am extremely busy and can’t always be at my PC.

In addition, in regards to the 2-4 snapchats I send daily, they disappear after you view them and are therefore unreliable to collect the information and save it. Furthermore, I did not think to contact you and ask you for the information directly over Snapchat as the information I needed would likely be more accessible from a PC. Messaging you over snapchat about it was my way of notifying you that I need your help.
At no point did I say you needed my response on Snapchat, hell, that would have been a huge hassle as I am shit with phone keyboards and my phone overheats like crazy when using SnapChat. I'm just saying you could have asked me whether I would be online / ask me to come online at some point.

I have nothing more to add to this unless further statements from me are requested by a Supervising Administrator.

Please notice, this abuse thread is not to state whether or not you actually got the information from me, it is purely to point out you lying when saying you've tried to contact me repeatedly on Snapchat, steam etc.
It's not exactly because it is hard to get in contact with me, I'm online at least 14 hours a day on steam due to my phone being on Steam standby while at work. If you, in fact, couldn't reach me you could have sent an offline message that would have reached me.

But as said, the only effort to reach me was through Snapchat, once. So saying that you have tried to get in contact with me repeatedly since the 9th of November is a blatant lie. Also saying that I didn't get back to you is another lie, I replied to the one and only message you ever sent me. If you sent any messages over Steam I guess you can provide evidence of doing so?

I have nothing against you Reebs, but you attempted to blame me for not getting any statement, while it is your own lack of effort in doing so.
Although a further statement was not requested from me as of yet, I will reply to your counter-arguments.

At no point did I state that it is your responsibility to keep tabs on appeals with your name on them, I even acknowledged that it was not. That being said, if someone you are working with requests information from you and that they will contact you at a later date, would it not be common courtesy to follow up if you don’t hear from them? Fearless Related or not, why would you not follow up? Do not simply state that it is not your responsibility as you’d be reiterating your argument. A precise reason as to why you did not follow up is what I am looking for. 

Furthermore, at no point did I assign blame to you. Saying that someone has not gotten back to you is a statement of fact, not someone accusing you. Had I said “Snow is deliberately ignoring my messages” it would be a different story.

Finally, if your intent wasn’t for me to ask on Snapchat, why did you say and I quote, “And we are literally sending snaps every day, how come you didn’t just ask here”? You’ve contradicted yourself causing your argument to be flawed.

And believe you me, Snow, I’ve got nothing against you, but the fact that you are pursuing this abuse case rather than trying to work this out personally leads me to believe that you are solely out to bring negative light unto myself and cause some sort of shit. I know, however, that this is not the case.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Greetings,

I am the Supervising Administrator handling this case and it has been reviewed and a judgement has been made.

It is obvious that through the evidence and reasons Reebs and yourself have supplied that an attempt was made to contact you. Although he did not successfully get the information required from you, he stated in the thread that he would make contact with you, which he did and also added that he had unsuccessfully got in contact with you, nor did he state that your feedback effected the final judgement made by himself.
One thing I would like to note is for Reebs to be more careful with his choice of words particularly 'repeatedly', however it did not impact the final judgement and it seems he did put effort into the abuse case and came to a fair judgement at the end of it.

Case closed.

Divey
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]