Illegal Jobs How To Make Moonshine Properly
How To Make Moonshine

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to make moonshine on the server. I could not find any guides for it, so I decided to make one. I recorded data on 20 test batches to account for variables in timing the entire process. This is what I got.

Note: It is VERY important to keep an eye on the distillery. If the temperature gets too low, it will ruin the batch. If it goes too high, it can blow up and start a fire.

Times for each stage will be in the stage descriptions and at the bottom of this thread.

First thing's first: You have to buy the required items, which are as follows
  • Moonshine Distillery: $1,900
  • Moonshine Burner: $200
  • Yeast: $88
  • Large Water Barrel: $50
  • Potatoes: Free (Kinda)
Initial Investment: $2,238 + 5 potatoes

All of these things can be found in the Moonshine category on the market, with the exception being potatoes. You will need to farm the potatoes.

NOTE: As far as I know, you cannot pick up the Moonshine Distillery or Moonshine Burner. You will have to rebuy those things each time you log on

Once you have all of those things, you can start cooking up some moonshine! Here is how: 

You will start by placing down a moonshine burner. Then you will place the distillery on top of that. You cannot move either of these things with the Physgun, so you'll have to use your hands and right click to move them. You can also hit the "e" key while aiming at the distillery to have it automatically become upright. 

Once the distillery is situated on top of the burner, you will see in green text the distillery says: 
"Add yeast, water, and potatoes to begin!"

To add the ingredients, you have to look at the distillery and add the yeast, large water barrel, and the 5 potatoes by clicking the "use" button in your inventory. It has to be 5 potatoes, no less. 

Once you have added everything, you will see the green text say: 
"Ingredients Added! (Heat to a minimum of 20°C)"

There are 3 stages from here until completion

1. Fermenting
  2. Heating up to distill
  3. Distilling

FERMENTING
To begin heating, you have to look at the moonshine burner and hit e. It has 4 levels of heat, which only determines how fast the distillery heats up. Once it reaches 20°C it will say:
"Fermenting... (Keep in temperature range 20°C to 35°C"

Make sure the temperature stays within this range until it is ready for the next stage. You can do this by turning off the burner if it gets too close to the 35°C mark. Hitting e on the burner will cycle the power level 1 through 4 and then it will turn off. I recommend keeping the power on 1/4 for this. You will need to keep the temperature in this range for about 2 min and 5 sec

HEATING UP TO DISTILL

After it is fermented, you will see the distillery says: 
"Fermented! (Heat to a minimum 60°C to continue)"
From there, turn the burner up to 4/4 and let it heat up to 60°C. It should take anywhere from 45 sec to 1 min 15 sec to reach 60°C at 4/4 

DISTILLING

Once you have reached 60°C, the distillery will say:
"Distilling Alcohol (Keep in temperature range of 60°C to 80°C)"
Turn the burner back down to 1/4 and keep the temperature in the required range. This part should take about 2 min and 45 sec

You should be able to let it go from 60°C to 75°C at 1/4 and turn it off. As its cooling down, it will be done.

When the moonshine is done, the distillery will say: 
"Ready to collect!"

Collect your products, and turn off the burner. Let it cool back down to around 20°C to start your next batch.

Time and Money

Now you can hit e and collect the moonshine. It will give you 5 to 7 jars of moonshine and 1 or 2 bottles of medicinal alcohol. You can sell the medicinal alcohol to the tradesman, or you can use 2 of them to craft 5 first aid kits. As of writing this, they sell for: 

Medicinal Alcohol: $50 each
Moonshine: $500 each

As you can see, you will turn a profit and pay off the initial investment with your first batch. Assuming you don't sell the medicinal alcohol, you will sell each batch for $2,500 to $3,500 depending on if you got 5 or 7 jars of moonshine. For your subsequent batches, you only need to buy 1 yeast and 1 large water barrel and have 5 potatoes per batch.

First Batch:

Cost: $2,238+5 potatoes
Return: $2,500 - $3,500

Profit: $162 - $1,162

Following Batches:

Cost: $138+5 potatoes
Return: $2,500 - $3,500

Profit: $2,362 - $3,362

Times:

Fermenting: 2 min 5 sec
Heating up: 45 sec to 1 min 15 sec
Distilling: 2 Min 45 sec

You should expect a batch to take about 6 to 7 minutes

You should always be doing multiple things. Moonshining, money printers, weed, farming, mining, and/or fishing. Moonshining can get you $20,000 or so per hour if done efficiently. Doing that on top of printing and farming will make you pretty good money. Just remember that doing moonshine will require your attention more so than other things, aside from fishing. 

I hope this guide helps someone out. It can be confusing learning some mechanics of the server. I tried to be as detailed as I could so please let me know if this was helpful. Get that bread.
The following 7 users Like DOMiNO's post:
  • Self, Jessixa, jhayw, ART, Ausverkauft, max., pbgben
Fantastic guide and well written! Will be a great help to new comers!
[Image: 1619639714462.png]
The following 1 user Likes Jessixa's post:
  • Ausverkauft