Fearless Forums
Police Weapons - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: CityRP Server (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Finished (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Police Weapons (/showthread.php?tid=96739)

Pages: 1 2

Police Weapons - Toe Shmicki - 09-23-2020

Title of Suggestion: Police Weapons

Description
Give the police the barrel and magazine modifications.

Why?
I think this will balance out the police vs criminal roleplay with quite a lot. Right now the MP5 only has 16 bullets in the magazine which results in that you run out instantly, it is basically a pretty useless weapon at this state. Criminals on the other hand can go and buy the VSS and get loads of modifications for free which makes the weapon much superior to the weapons the police has, even the AR-15.

So giving police the opportunity to bigger magazines for example the MP5 is going to improve the overall combat experience when roleplaying as a cop. As for now, as I mentioned, you run out of bullets in your mag instantly which makes you an extremely easy target which is most cases results in you dying. I would even stretch it this far to say that the P99 is a much better option over the MP5 right now which isn't how it's suppose to be. I think it makes sense for cops to get modifications as they're the government after all and the citizens are paying taxes.

RE: Police Weapons - Dimitris - 09-23-2020

-Support

It's not like all criminals are rich enough to always use attachments so cops shouldn't constantly have attachments either.

Edit: I will be changing to a +support instead for the mp5 mags as honestly 16 bullets on the mag is simply not viable  I however do not support for any other attachments to be given.

RE: Police Weapons - JohnSilver - 09-23-2020

maybe magazine for mp5 just give cops a fighting chance against vss but that it

RE: Police Weapons - Toe Shmicki - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 07:27 PM)Dimitris Wrote: -Support

It's not like all criminals are rich enough to always use attachments so cops shouldn't constantly have attachments either.

I see your point but let's be honest here, most people including both you and me use the VSS because it's a good weapon that offers free attachments which means that criminals at most cases has a big advantage.

I don't agree with your argument that the government shouldn't have attachments because all criminals aren't able to afford it for themselves. It's the government we are talking about here, they are meant to be a challenge for criminal organizations which is why I am convinced that they atleast need proper magazines for their weapons in order to stand a chance in a shootout. Money is what makes a criminal powerful meaning you should think twice before doing something if you don't have a loaded bank account, a criminal lifestyle isn't suppose to be easy.

RE: Police Weapons - Arikame - 09-23-2020

+Support for the MP5 Mag.

EDIT: The MP5 Only should get the Mag IMO due it only really increasing the Mag size which makes it more suitable for Fighting against a VSS/Anything to be honest.

(09-23-2020, 07:55 PM)Toe Shmicki Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 07:27 PM)Dimitris Wrote: -Support

I see your point but let's be honest here, most people including both you and me use the VSS because it's a good weapon that offers free attachments which means that criminals at most cases has a big advantage.

I don't agree with your argument that the government shouldn't have attachments because all criminals aren't able to afford it for themselves. It's the government we are talking about here, they are meant to be a challenge for criminal organizations which is why I am convinced that they atleast need proper magazines for their weapons in order to stand a chance in a shootout. Money is what makes a criminal powerful meaning you should think twice before doing something if you don't have a loaded bank account, a criminal lifestyle isn't suppose to be easy.

You have to keep in mind that criminals pay for their gear the full price, unlike cops that get free kevlar and a reduced price  cops should be buying attachments themselves.

RE: Police Weapons - Toe Shmicki - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 08:54 PM)Dimitris Wrote: You have to keep in mind that criminals pay for their gear the full price, unlike cops that get free kevlar and a reduced price  cops should be buying attachments themselves.

I do but I am still sticking to what I mentioned in my previous post. You need to understand that the police officers work for the government that is paying for the gear, don't you agree that they atleast should be given a magazine for the MP5 that holds more than 16 bullets? That's the exact same amount as the P99 which doesn't make much sense. Being given the magazine mods for the MP5 would make a huge differance for police officers and actually make the MP5 useful, at this point you might aswell remove it without making any differance in terms of how powerful the police officers are.

(09-23-2020, 09:40 PM)Toe Shmicki Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 08:54 PM)Dimitris Wrote: You have to keep in mind that criminals pay for their gear the full price, unlike cops that get free kevlar and a reduced price  cops should be buying attachments themselves.

I do but I am still sticking to what I mentioned in my previous post. You need to understand that the police officers work for the government that is paying for the gear, don't you agree that they atleast should be given a magazine for the MP5 that holds more than 16 bullets? That's the exact same amount as the P99 which doesn't make much sense. Being given the magazine mods for the MP5 would make a huge differance for police officers and actually make the MP5 useful, at this point you might aswell remove it without making any differance in terms of how powerful the police officers are.

I would not mind the cops getting the magazine attachment no, as it's not game changing but surely does give more power to cops, if that's all you're asking for I don't mind changing my vote to a +support instead

RE: Police Weapons - max. - 09-24-2020

(09-23-2020, 05:03 PM)Toe Shmicki Wrote: Title of Suggestion: Police Weapons

Description
Give the police the barrel and magazine modifications.

Why?
I think this will balance out the police vs criminal roleplay with quite a lot. Right now the MP5 only has 16 bullets in the magazine which results in that you run out instantly, it is basically a pretty useless weapon at this state. Criminals on the other hand can go and buy the VSS and get loads of modifications for free which makes the weapon much superior to the weapons the police has, even the AR-15.

So giving police the opportunity to bigger magazines for example the MP5 is going to improve the overall combat experience when roleplaying as a cop. As for now, as I mentioned, you run out of bullets in your mag instantly which makes you an extremely easy target which is most cases results in you dying. I would even stretch it this far to say that the P99 is a much better option over the MP5 right now which isn't how it's suppose to be. I think it makes sense for cops to get modifications as they're the government after all and the citizens are paying taxes.

RE: Police Weapons - Falc - 09-24-2020

-Support

I don’t personally like this.