Fearless Forums
Ban wipe. - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Ban wipe. (/showthread.php?tid=92022)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Ban wipe. - DVN - 04-03-2019

There are other options that wouldn't require a ban wipe. It's called promotion and referral incentives.

Refer so many users to the server and get X amount of money, or a special item
Promote the server on related websites and platforms

We don't have to let every tom, dick and harry back just so the server looks full. Letting all those people back won't improve roleplay just because the server is at maximum capacity. I guarantee at least 80% of the unbanned people would come together to make the server absolute hell, and as people report we don't have an active enough staff team to deal with that.

RE: Ban wipe. - Yonno - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 08:37 AM)DVN Wrote: There are other options that wouldn't require a ban wipe. It's called promotion and referral incentives.

We don't have to let every tom, dick and harry back just so the server looks full. Letting all those people back won't improve roleplay just because the server is at maximum capacity. I guarantee at least 80% of the unbanned people would come together to make the server absolute hell, and as people report we don't have an active enough staff team to deal with that.

Honestly fuck you Harry. 

OT: DVN is right, we've been waiting for milestones and things like referrals for months but have yet to hear of any updates on that. 
I personally believe other incentives such as daily (consecutive) login bonuses and seasonal advent calendars would promote more players to hop on the servers on a daily basis, too.

The banned playerbase is NOT the issue. The issue is that there is a major lack of reasons to play on the server.

RE: Ban wipe. - User 12049 - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 08:41 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 08:37 AM)DVN Wrote: There are other options that wouldn't require a ban wipe. It's called promotion and referral incentives.

Honestly fuck you Harry. 

OT: DVN is right, we've been waiting for milestones and things like referrals for months but have yet to hear of any updates on that. 

I personally believe other incentives such as daily (consecutive) login bonuses and seasonal advent calendars would promote more players to hop on the servers on a daily basis, too.

The banned playerbase is NOT the issue. The issue is that there is a major lack of reasons to play on the server.

100% with the milestones, like........ Would love to hear an SA comment on the situation with the milestone update  and whats happening

RE: Ban wipe. - Jan - 04-03-2019

How FL went from having 3 full 50 player servers to a server that at its peak reaches about 30 players every day is insane.

Move on already and create something new. A new gamemode, a server on another game, honestly just move on. All we do 24/7 is cry about useless shite, nobody is having fun anymore whatsoever.

Why not try new stuff? If you're not willing to adapt you'll die. Soul, either just close down the servers now or do something new, you know damn right that popularity has decreased and will continue doing so untill there's barely anyone left.

RE: Ban wipe. - Awestruck - 04-03-2019

Whilst everyone is complaining on the forums, we've been getting good numbers the past few days. 40-50.

Instead of arguing on here, get on the server folks!

RE: Ban wipe. - Agorith - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 10:38 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Whilst everyone is complaining on the forums, we've been getting good numbers the past few days. 40-50.

To be honest it is rather ironic how most people that complain about the playerbase on the forums aren't really active themselves.

On another note, I've personally noticed the server being far more laggy than it used to be.
With only 20 people online, I often get horrid 25 FPS.
When the server is well populated every now and then, its barely playable and while the playercount should make it more enjoyable to be on FL, the lag completely ruins it for me.

Whilst we're on the topic of performance issues, I remember always having had a solid 15 ping max with a full server.
Something drastically changed about that aswell, regardless of me now having far superior internet connection than back then.

Do you have any insight on this by any chance as a developer, Awestruck?

RE: Ban wipe. - Dimitris - 04-04-2019

(04-03-2019, 11:09 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 10:38 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Whilst everyone is complaining on the forums, we've been getting good numbers the past few days. 40-50.

To be honest it is rather ironic how most people that complain about the playerbase on the forums aren't really active themselves.

On another note, I've personally noticed the server being far more laggy than it used to be.
When the server is well populated every now and then, its barely playable and while the playercount should make it more enjoyable to be on FL, the lag completely ruins it for me.

Whilst we're on the topic of performance issues, I remember always having had a solid 15 ping max with a full server.
Something drastically changed about that aswell, regardless of me now having far superior internet connection than back then.

Stay on topic.

RE: Ban wipe. - JONATHANPOO - 04-04-2019

(04-04-2019, 05:21 AM)Dimitris Wrote:

Stay on topic.

he’s pretty on topic saying how the FPS is bad so why would people want to join, a ban wipe isn’t necessary to bring players back

RE: Ban wipe. - Pollux - 04-04-2019

No one bothered with optimisation when building up the gamemode, so the result is an unoptimised mess. While we did make improvements while I was dev, I do feel like it was offset by more and more updates. It's also way harder than it sounds to make it all work well as you'll end up pretty much writing a new gamemode.

RE: Ban wipe. - RoCKy - 04-08-2019

(03-05-2019, 09:36 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 09:33 PM)Ranger Wrote: For a ban wipe to happen we need a lot of staff on the server, which currently doesn't happen often. Just in case the people that do comeback want to minge.

This.

This