Fearless Forums
rp_evocity_fl - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: rp_evocity_fl (/showthread.php?tid=90503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Julern - 01-02-2019

(12-29-2018, 11:15 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 08:56 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: A few issues occurred when optimizing the Nexus. It can be done, but it requires a bit more think work than imagined. I'm doing my best.

I currently tried using Areaportals and areaportal windows. I tried removed translucent windows of some rooms in the nexus which were not used much (not that you can see much anyway).

I'm now trying a mix of Areaportals and hints. Hopefully that will lead to the ultimate victory.

What do you think of a lake go around the map or at least bigger than it already is?
a lake that goes around the hole Map would be cool, like under a bridge in the city or something.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Jan - 01-02-2019

And still the map is yet to be released, continue promoting people to contributor based on hype.

I continue to lol at you Codedbrain/Mavis.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Fultz - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 05:24 PM)Jan Wrote: And still the map is yet to be released, continue promoting people to contributor based on hype.

What do you mean? This has never happened before?

RE: rp_evocity_fl - De CodeerHeer - 01-03-2019

(01-02-2019, 05:24 PM)Jan Wrote: And still the map is yet to be released, continue promoting people to contributor based on hype.

Riiiiiiight. Because maps are that easy to edit, and I have all the time of my life because I don't have one.

Typical dutchies.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Fultz - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 08:40 PM)CodedBrain Wrote:

Riiiiiiight. Because maps are that easy to edit, and I have all the time of my life because I don't have one.

Typical dutchies.

If the map is just about finished with just needing to be optimized, why not just put it on the server and finish optimizing it and updating? I dont see how it can be much worse than the fps currently on the server and people can begin making dupes and such now.

Complaints wont be an issue as we all know that it is not completely finished and once it is completed you can just switch it out?

Because I'll need to do a full compile. And these take about 12 hours. And I don't want to do a full compile if it's not ready for it.

I'm currently at the point where I ripped up the whole Nexus in order to optimize the shit out of it. But I have to find a way to optimize it the best way. Before I can move on.

(01-03-2019, 08:49 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: Because I'll need to do a full compile. And these take about 12 hours. And I don't want to do a full compile if it's not ready for it.

I'm currently at the point where I ripped up the whole Nexus in order to optimize the shit out of it. But I have to find a way to optimize it the best way. Before I can move on.

It sounds more of nitpicking the best solution instead of just getting it ready and out. I understand you want the best map to come out, but I guarantee that there will be issues discovered once it is released. If the nexus is all that is left, I would post it and have the server be your testers for the map and they can provide input as to what areas are lagging and what areas could potentially be improved instead of optimizing for the next 6 months.

The only problem left is the Nexus. It's one of the most difficult problems to be solved. It's not like I'm eating out of my nose or something. I've optimized half of the map already. I need some time for the Nexus.

Besides that, I have examns the coming next two weeks. Which will be coming first before I'm gonna fiddle with the map again.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Pollux - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 09:24 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: The only problem left is the Nexus. It's one of the most difficult problems to be solved. It's not like I'm eating out of my nose or something. I've optimized half of the map already. I need some time for the Nexus.

Besides that, I have examns the coming next two weeks. Which will be coming first before I'm gonna fiddle with the map again.

Just ignore the people who have no idea how hard and time consuming this is. Real life comes first too so don't feel like you even have to touch the map till after your exams. You're trying to do something even the original evocity team struggled with, anyone with common sense will understand why it's going to take a while and those who don't get it should just be ignored. The map isn't desperately needed at all anyway, it's more of a luxury.

(01-03-2019, 09:24 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: The only problem left is the Nexus. It's one of the most difficult problems to be solved. It's not like I'm eating out of my nose or something. I've optimized half of the map already. I need some time for the Nexus.

I don't think you read what I posted above this. Glad that hasn't changed. 

If the nexus is all that is left to optimize. Just post the map. The community can then test the map for you and find bugs/issues that are most certainly going to arise. Then whenever you are finished with your exams that are coming up this month, you can then pile up all the feedback that is being provided to you and fully optimize and complete the map. 

This is the best path to take in regards to the map. There is going to be bugs/issues with the map even if you never post it. It won't be perfect. Let the community find these bugs for you and you can then post the full map once you have time after exams.