Fearless Forums
rp_evocity_fl - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: rp_evocity_fl (/showthread.php?tid=90503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: rp_evocity_fl - De CodeerHeer - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 12:54 PM)Grape Wrote: It's not a big area; just three buildings technically connected all together. It's great and one of the reasons why I liked V5P. I'm sure a small area in industrial can be made to implement this, or maybe remove one of the buildings that aren't used and replace it with the industrial complex.

I'll try and find a picture or video of it.

Whilst you're at it. Also show where you think it would fit.

(11-24-2018, 12:58 PM)RIC0H Wrote: Any chance you can post a 'top down' view of the map that you've been working on, so we can see how things look and then we'll be able to give input on any tweaks that may be needed/wanted.

If someone can post me the commands how I do so, I am able to do that.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - RIC0H - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:04 PM)CodedBrain Wrote: If someone can post me the commands how I do so, I am able to do that.

Oh I thought you'd be able to do that in the editor, if you have to go ingame to get it then no need, it'll take to long to take the screens and fit them all together.

Also the Industrial buildings the poster was talking about you can see here: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=83572 (Industrial Complex (top left))
Personally I think swaping the 'Factory' with the 'Industrial Complex' would be the best way to go (as you're taking away 1 building and adding 3 more)
@"CodedBrain" Not sure if you saw my edits^^

RE: rp_evocity_fl - SabreShibe - 11-24-2018

Make a Exit/Entry to the city, maybe make it closed off like in Pinecity. so theres atleast some logic of how evocity gets its resources. Oh and a farm as well! that used to be my favorite part of V5P. Maybe some Epic Theater place, like a Stage and stuff. And maybe something like the Warsaw and London Orbital Motorway! that would be useful to get around

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Yonno - 11-24-2018

Only thing that I'm skeptical of is the size of this map with the entire massive lake added to it, as well as the farms.
I can't believe this map will feel any more alive than V5P.

(11-24-2018, 01:04 PM)CodedBrain Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 12:54 PM)Grape Wrote: It's not a big area; just three buildings technically connected all together. It's great and one of the reasons why I liked V5P. I'm sure a small area in industrial can be made to implement this, or maybe remove one of the buildings that aren't used and replace it with the industrial complex.

I'll try and find a picture or video of it.

Whilst you're at it. Also show where you think it would fit.

So I looked into it and replaced the Factory with the Industrial Complex and it appears to be a perfect fit:
[Image: FL_Industrial_Complex.png]

The only thing that worries me is there's a slope in the deisgn of that complex and not sure how it would look (from the ground)

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Cygnus - 11-24-2018

Make it fit with the General buildinh props, do you won't need 4 to fill a window. Like the 1x1 flat square etc

Could even have it to the right of industrial instead (if nothing else has been added there)

[Image: FL_Industrial_Complex2.png]

That way you'd be able to keep that slope.

I did like that building from V5P too as there were quite a few RP's made with it.

(11-24-2018, 01:19 PM)Mlem Wrote: Oh and a farm as well! that used to be my favorite part of V5P.

The farm has already been added (It's located near Little Village)

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Pollux - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 01:22 PM)Yonno Wrote: Only thing that I'm skeptical of is the size of this map with the entire massive lake added to it, as well as the farms.
I can't believe this map will feel any more alive than V5P.

I really think we're going too far with this now, it should really just be a few changes to V4B1 to make it better for FL as in the end that's what everyone voted for. I do think too much is being changed here with the input of just a very few people. From my experience, the main thing everyone really cares about is FPS as it was the single biggest selling factor during the entire map switch dilema alongside not having the map be too big.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Pollux - 11-24-2018

(11-24-2018, 03:54 AM)Janzo 火 Wrote: This looks great so far! Love the large lake.

A lil suggestion though. Is it possible for NPCs to not be broken on this map, for some reason currently they are on our current map, no clue why but i've heard it was due to the map.

If it's not map related just ignore me lmao, I don't know nuttin.

NPCs are broken because we switched to the steam workshop version of the map to make it easier for newer players to join and existing ones to download the new map. We lost the navmesh in the process of doing this, meaning NPCs currently do not work.

RE: rp_evocity_fl - Cygnus - 11-24-2018

Do not remove the Little Village, me and some friends made a pretty well backed up cult and actually enjoyed attempting to get independence and the hardships of the Police constantly minging about and admins never responding.

We even made a little bible