Fearless Forums
[Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? (/showthread.php?tid=86662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - SpaghettiFTW - 05-06-2018

+1 pinescity

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - [LT] Sparx - 05-06-2018

(05-06-2018, 01:40 PM)perqe Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:10 AM)Sparx Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 10:54 AM)perqe Wrote: Please go to pines and see what it does to the community stick to the basics what made fl fl v2d

Yes, V2D made FL great. That I can agree with. However that was back when there were far fewer realistic city roleplay maps. Now, to a lot of players, V2D feels outdated and therefore going back to it would feel like a step in the wrong direction. What FL needs is to move forward and try out new possibilties. Despite what you believe about size, you can't fault that Pines City's pros heavily outweigh it's cons unlike V2D's which would render a selection of our latest FL updates useless and would cause all the new player models to look like they have some horrible form of jaundice. V2D_Sexy has an even worse issue, which is that as I have just explained, it has a dead end which takes the same amount of time to get to as the Villas on V5P did, causing most likely a very similar problem of it being a very underpopulated area of the map. It's time to see past the nostalgia and move on to something better.

Firstly, whos alot of players? You're just saying this, you dont know this for sure. Have you went round asking everyone?
v5p is too big lots of useless space, people talk about prop increases to use it if we are being realistic us players dont get any increases and if we do it has to be from a friend and that still unlikely.
Not sure why you're bringing up prop increases but nevertheless, I agree that V5P is too large for the current playerbase. I have said that before.
v2d is all cramped together as one, everything seems to be flowing around eachother with all the rp's, shops etc connecting in a way you wouldn't know unless you have played on the map.
How do we simplify this for you any further - V2D Sexy is L A R G E R than Pines. And as for 'a way you wouldn't know unless you have played on the map' - I did. When I first joined FL, it was the only map I did play on. And as I have said before, it was a good map at the time. But that doesn't mean it's going to be a good map now when there are much more updated and modern alternatives out there.
and you talk about moving onto something better, you've been trying this for a while and all you have done is kill the community. Many reasons the map isnt the only reason but its a big issue.
So what? We should just give up? Come on man, you have to realise that's a really silly point. So what you're essentially saying is 'V2D is best, I KNOW that everything else that has been released or will be released in the future will not be anywhere near as good.' Do you seriously not see how ridiculous that sounds?
Sometimes you just have to back to the foundations of where you started to see where you went wrong, and im going to be honest when i hear you all talk about maps, as in the staff team you all seem deluded as in you all have to say the same thing for whatever reason. Could just be me tho but i get that feeling.
Again, a really silly point. So by any of the staff having a similar opinion that automatically makes us deluded? God forbid any of us ever agree on anything...Lmao what

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - CorieTheNub - 05-06-2018

(05-06-2018, 03:38 PM)JackZ Wrote: Geuinely would prefer the fortnite map to Pines City

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - Eclipze - 05-06-2018

Just went on Pines city, I would rather have GM_flatgrass.

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - Dimitris - 05-06-2018

I prefer downtown over Pine City

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - Nephew - 05-06-2018

#PinesCityfortheWin!

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - User 12049 - 05-06-2018

(05-06-2018, 01:56 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
[Big paragraph]

I respect the time you've put into this however Pines is not how you say it is.

All evidence below can be done by yourself, simply download both maps and go onto them and see the FPS.

Pines:

[Image: c461c95f04.jpg]

V2D:

[Image: e8f96d7c23.jpg]

Thats an 119 fps difference in favor of V2D!

Whats more concerning is V33X had even more FPS than Pines:
[Image: 0154d69254.jpg]

There are two main reasons why I prefer V2D, it's small which means player interaction is good but also is simple. There isn't much to render which means more can be put into props. Yes, there is no disputing Pines looks cooler but that comes at a price.

I'd prefer to have more FPS for quality of life and for dupes rather than have a map which looks better (also, Pines is worse optimised than V33X...  For me I got 20 FPS on V33x with  GTX 970 with only 50 players on a server (was 50 player cap). Can you imagine now Pines with 75 players and has a base lower fps than V33x? No way, you'll kill FL in one simple swoop.

V2D works, use it.

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - Pollux - 05-06-2018

(05-06-2018, 04:44 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
[Big paragraph]

[Extremely biased "FPS comparison"]

Hold on - are you comparing FPS while looking above the city on pines to the FPS while starting at the floor near a gas pump on V2D? How is this even almost a fair test? The only fair way to compare FPS on both maps is to get the average FPS while simply walking around the main city roads. Of course, FPS will be higher when staring at the floor compared to looking above one of the main intersections.

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - User 12049 - 05-06-2018

(05-06-2018, 05:04 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 04:44 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
[Big paragraph]

I respect the time you've put into this however Pines is not how you say it is.

All evidence below can be done by yourself, simply download both maps and go onto them and see the FPS.

Pines:

[Image: c461c95f04.jpg]

V2D:

[Image: e8f96d7c23.jpg]

Thats an 119 fps difference in favor of V2D!

Whats more concerning is V33X had even more FPS than Pines:
[Image: 0154d69254.jpg]

There are two main reasons why I prefer V2D, it's small which means player interaction is good but also is simple. There isn't much to render which means more can be put into props. Yes, there is no disputing Pines looks cooler but that comes at a price.

I'd prefer to have more FPS for quality of life and for dupes rather than have a map which looks better (also, Pines is worse optimised than V33X...  For me I got 20 FPS on V33x with  GTX 970 with only 50 players on a server (was 50 player cap). Can you imagine now Pines with 75 players and has a base lower fps than V33x? No way, you'll kill FL in one simple swoop.

V2D works, use it.

Hold on - are you comparing FPS while looking above the city on pines to the FPS while starting at the floor near a gas pump on V2D? How is this even almost a fair test? The only fair way to compare FPS on both maps is to get the average FPS while simply walking around the main city roads.

If you think the test if unfair I implore you to post your own results.

RE: [Unofficial] The Next FL Map? - Fultz - 05-06-2018

I don't understand this level of bickering.

Set up and event have on for this Saturday for one map and Sunday for the other map. Run them each for the day. How hard is it to test the maps out in fearless.

If pine is a great map people will like it. If the new v2d map is a great map people will like it. At this point you guys are making no progress. Just fighting over stupid shit. TEST THE MAPS on FL.