Fearless Forums
Staff Report: Awestruck - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: The Courthouse (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Staff Report (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Closed (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+---- Thread: Staff Report: Awestruck (/showthread.php?tid=86338)

Pages: 1 2

Staff Report: Awestruck - Brikaas - 04-17-2018

Username: Brikaas

Accused Staff Member: Awestruck

Involved Users: SoulRipper, ShadowPurple

Time/Date/Time Zone: 15:11 GMT+1

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: 

Accused staff member recently gave me a warning(s) for a 'non existing' Forum Rule, having unfair judgement over the content that I have made in regards of Player Reports.

You might have seen that I use a certain 'code' within the Demo Recording of Garry's Mod to get certain actions recorded of a said accused player when I want make a Player Report. Awestruck in question doesnt agree on these action, even when it is not directly involved with the server nor is there any forum rule or server rule saying it cannot be used. Awestruck send me the following PM on the forums regarding a ongoing dicussion within a Player Report (which is unprofessional by itself) 

Spoiler: Screenshot #1
[Image: oEAr8tX.jpg?1]

My awnser:

Spoiler: Screenshot #2

[Image: iDuvBkJ.jpg?1]

I attempted and made it clear towards Awestruck that I will only use if it mean I cannot directly gain the recordings I want, thus the ESP to get everything easier and better into the picture.

I have spoken towards SoulRipper a few times now and he can't see the problem nor does it seem other staff members would mind expect from Awestruck himself.

I have recently made a player report on a player with the name of "Semb" which can be found:
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?pid=748849
However, the thread has been removed and not concluded at all. The reason for this would be the content of video's I have uploaded into it as my evidence.

Spoiler: Video Example

Awestruck unlawfuly removed the thread made without concluding it at all, just on the reason of the video shown above. This would be unprofessional and shouldn't be allowed. He should have atleast looked at the made Player Report and concluded it before taking further actions against myself..

I have made multiple; Player Reports using the ESP and I have always included a disclaimer saying that It is impossible for me to gain any information for the live server and that It is a demo recording which is a default setting that players can use from Garry's Mod Itself.

Thank you for reading,
Brikaas

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Divey - 04-17-2018

You are correct, the rule is not in place - mainly not to bring traction to it, however it seems a rule addition may need to be the case. The ESP you are using as Awestruck could compromise certain aspects of the game mode. However one thing Awestruck didn't point out to you is that your 'demos' are an extreme case of backseat administration.
It is important to note that he acquires the power to restrict certain things and you have multiple multiple player reports using the system and were given a mere warning, yet after being told not to use it you disrespect his wishes and continue to use it. Awestruck also brought this to the teams attention and all members agreed with the decision.
Therefore, if you do so again then you can expect further punishment and as for speaking to SoulRipper we also talked to Soul. However, if he wish to make a statement he can speak for himself and I'm not sure how in any way ShadowPurple is involved with this case. I will leave this open for now if you have anything else to add.

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Brikaas - 04-17-2018

I'd still wish Awestruck to put down a statement on why he decided to act unprofessional by closing down the Player Report made without taking a few seconds of his time to conclude the Player Report. He is just wasting my time by deleting the entire thread and not caring about the well being of the server.

Would you be explaining towards me how its 'major backseat administrating' as I fail to see how or why, cause otherwise all player reports would be backseat administrating. The only thing the code is showing is the names of the player(s) when I'm looking over towards them.

Quote:"The ESP you are using as Awestruck could compromise certain aspects of the game mode"

What exactly do you mean with this? And the only way that the 'demo recording' is involved towards the server is that is an demo recording of the live server being playback'd offline in single player. 

Would it be fair to have the current forum warnings removed as they are unvalid, I feel like Awestruck acted inmature by instant deleting the Player Report as well as instantly denying my attempt of getting them removed. 

Would you be able to explain on why there's going to be a rule that disallows players to use such methods as I am displaying, I dont want to sound 'cocky' but I find it typical that a certain action or thing isnt being liked by the Staff team and it Instantly becomes a dicussion within the inner circle to get it 'banned' as you can say to refrain people from using such programs or actions.

I will say this again: In NO way am I able to get any IC Information out of the demo recording as it CANNOT be reviewed when playing on the server. In NO way is it causing any harm towards anyway. 

The intention of using the ESP is for a good cause, as all I'm trying to do is report Players whom are breaking Server Rules and I cannot catch them every few seconds. We all know that players break server rules and you want to record it but you simply couldn't catch their name ect...

ESP is assisting me on getting the names from the people whom are breaking server rules so I can review the demo on a later moment and make a player report if not an other player did already. 

EDIT: I encourage people for using the Demo Recording feature within Garry's Mod, in all ways is it so much more usefull in collecting data for Player Reports.

Kind Regards,
Brikaas

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Awestruck - 04-17-2018

The Player Report was moved to another section of the Forums, it was not deleted.

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Brikaas - 04-17-2018

(04-17-2018, 05:01 PM)Awestruck Wrote: The Player Report was moved to another section of the Forums, it was not deleted.

Hello Awestruck,

Would you be able to than give a statement on what reason and why you moved the thread towards another section which cannot be viewed without looking at the thread or concluding it and moving it afterwards.

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Awestruck - 04-18-2018

My reasoning for removing it is explained in the PM I sent you, a screenshot you have kindly provided.

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Brikaas - 04-18-2018

Good morning,

Your reason of moving the entire thread doesnt seem to be an actual valid reason to me. Still doesmt explain why you decided to not look and conclude the report.

You dislike my method even if its harmless, that however should not be in you way to conclude it.

I understamd that you gave me a "warning" to not use it again. But in all honesty, I gave you the heads up as well that I will use it again if it was necessary. I have restricted myself to only use it when it is truely necessary, or I would otherwise just use a normal demo recording for Player Reports.

Kind Regards
Brikaas

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Brikaas - 05-08-2018

Would it be possible for anyone to conclude this report. Its been a while ago, and its honestly feeling that you are making me wait for a exessive amount of time.

Unprofessionalism on its best?

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Awestruck - 05-09-2018

Why's that unprofessional? Divey has been incredibly busy and clearly hasn't had to time to come to the thread and explain/conclude. He has seen this thread and has had a conversation with me regarding the whole situation. The whole team backed my decision, including Divey.

So just be patient. Cheers.

RE: Staff Report: Awestruck - Brikaas - 05-09-2018

(05-09-2018, 03:18 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Why's that unprofessional? Divey has been incredibly busy and clearly hasn't had to time to come to the thread and explain/conclude. He has seen this thread and has had a conversation with me regarding the whole situation. The whole team backed my decision, including Divey.

So just be patient. Cheers.

How would it be unprofessional? Letting people wait for an exessive amount of time without letting the person know what you are going to do, if he truely is so 'buys' than he could spare 5 seconds of his 'busy' life to write a comment that he is so busy and that it will be looked at soon.

Same goes for unban requests or unblacklist request, whats the point of making one if staff respond only after the ban or blacklist is already expired. 

Still doesnt change the fact that YOU acted unprofessional by moving away the Player Report which i'm tempted to re-create on the purpose of getting the player punished instead of having to deal with idiotic stuff like this.

I have clearly told YOU that you cannot force me, or any other player to not use that. Why? Cause its not directly involved on the live server(s) as it is still singleplayer. Good for you that you warned me not to use it, but I gave you a warning as well that it will only be used if it truely is needed. 

So, would it be possible to get a response on the report? And having a response on a possible ETA and not stuff like; I'm really busy. If he truely is so busy, than he should maybe step off?

"Cheers"