Fearless Forums
Why? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Why? (/showthread.php?tid=75665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why? - Awestruck - 11-03-2016

Moved to Discussions.

RE: Why? - Bobby - 11-03-2016

Alright, after looking at the thread I believe that Agorith should have his rank back.
I don't understand how not complying with something you do not associate with anymore means you should be banned as it isn't his fault.

RE: Why? - Agorith - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 01:22 PM)Bob Bobbington Wrote: Alright, after looking at the thread I believe that Agorith should have his rank back.
I don't understand how not complying with something you do not associate with anymore means you should be banned as it isn't his fault.

Let's just wait for an SA to respond to my latest post on this thread, until then there's little we can accomplish on the thread.
But as I've said before, I do appreciate the support I've been given by the community regarding this topic.

Sidenote:

Thank you Awestruck, for moving this thread to Discussions in order to prevent further shitposting.

RE: Why? - RobotDuck - 11-03-2016

Jesus this situation is such a clusterfuck, both sides included.

RE: Why? - King Kickass - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 02:22 PM)RobotDuck Wrote: Jesus this situation is such a clusterfuck, both sides included.

Not really, people are just needlessly involving themselves into it and making this seem extremely overblown and like as if the staffteam did 9/11 or something. At the beginning it was messy but now Agorith is back on the forums. At this point there's nothing else to do with it other than to wait for the SA to make a statement. There's no clusterfuck in waiting patiently.

RE: Why? - Mist - 11-04-2016

(11-03-2016, 02:49 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 02:22 PM)RobotDuck Wrote: Jesus this situation is such a clusterfuck, both sides included.

Not really, people are just needlessly involving themselves into it and making this seem extremely overblown and like as if the staffteam did 9/11 or something. At the beginning it was messy but now Agorith is back on the forums. At this point there's nothing else to do with it other than to wait for the SA to make a statement. There's no clusterfuck in waiting patiently.

Don't act like you weren't a part of it.

I believe that both parties have had their say.

How about closing the thread, until we can get some official statements onboard, as it seems for the staff to take a great amount of time, to figure out why Agorith has broken their ToS. Therefore people are just using this thread to suck some post-points out of this thread.

EDIT: Also, I am very glad that we finally got Agorith back. Welcome back, pal.

RE: Why? - sebasti161 - 11-05-2016

(11-04-2016, 06:58 PM)Mist Wrote: How about closing the thread, until we can get some official statements onboard,

if they close the thread they're just gonna "forget" about it and leave it until its dead and nobody remembers this anymore

RE: Why? - Awestruck - 11-05-2016

The staff team are ambassadors for the Community. We are trying to right this as badly as you want it to be. I just feel like the Community's approach to this at the start of all this has been appalling. The reason I don't want this thread to be closed is because it will indeed be forgotten. It's reasoning for it taking so long to be solved is because there are a lot of mixed opinions in the team as to whether Agorith will be receiving his tags back. This is partly because of the situation he got himself into, but also certain behaviour preliminary to this complication.

The Community needs to stop having this mob mentality when it comes to sensitive subjects, it does no-one any good. The staff team majorly represent the majority of the Community. We do not see ourselves as Internet Overlords, we just do what we believe is best for the Community. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If you ever need anything, or even to suggest anything, you know who to come to. You could talk to any staff member about anything, including suggestions and the probability of it being brought up in discussion is high. We do care. This is why we took the position.

At the end of the day, all the staff were players once and wanted things done as badly as you do. I agree that the staff have a big role and should be as transparent as need be to the people we help and create enjoyment for. On top of that, we are human. We make hasty decisions in stressful situations, which is why mistakes are made. Sometimes, we must take 1 step backwards, to go 2 steps forward.

I don't mean for this motivational post to be degrading or to disdain you, because that is not the case. At the end of the day, the staff need the players as much as the players need the staff. Which is why we must work together to make the Community as great as possible.

An official statement will come from an SA. This will most likely happen once a verdict for Agorith's veteran tag status has come to light, but for now, sit tight. Answers will come.

RE: Why? - Mist - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 06:01 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: The staff team are ambassadors for the Community. We are trying to right this as badly as you want it to be. I just feel like the Community's approach to this at the start of all this has been appalling. The reason I don't want this thread to be closed is because it will indeed be forgotten. It's reasoning for it taking so long to be solved is because there are a lot of mixed opinions in the team as to whether Agorith will be receiving his tags back. This is partly because of the situation he got himself into, but also certain behaviour preliminary to this complication.

The Community needs to stop having this mob mentality when it comes to sensitive subjects, it does no-one any good. The staff team majorly represent the majority of the Community. We do not see ourselves as Internet Overlords, we just do what we believe is best for the Community. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. If you ever need anything, or even to suggest anything, you know who to come to. You could talk to any staff member about anything, including suggestions and the probability of it being brought up in discussion is high. We do care. This is why we took the position.

At the end of the day, all the staff were players once and wanted things done as badly as you do. I agree that the staff have a big role and should be as transparent as need be to the people we help and create enjoyment for. On top of that, we are human. We make hasty decisions in stressful situations, which is why mistakes are made. Sometimes, we must take 1 step backwards, to go 2 steps forward.

I don't mean for this motivational post to be degrading or to disdain you, because that is not the case. At the end of the day, the staff need the players as much as the players need the staff. Which is why we must work together to make the Community as great as possible.

An official statement will come from an SA. This will most likely happen once a verdict for Agorith's veteran tag status has come to light, but for now, sit tight. Answers will come.

Will there also be pointed out, where the ToS was broken?

RE: Why? - Agorith - 11-05-2016

Nice speech and all that but sorry, this doesn't change my point of view on the whole case at all.
I know the staff system inside and out, and I've always only mainly caused problems within it because of myself getting tired of the entire system working so slowly and being of the opinion for certain staff members to not be dedicated enough to solve issues ASAP.
Didn't take all that long for me to have started irritating a certain few because of the amount of ranting I could do.
Literally all but one problem I had caused had purely good intent.
Did I have a few other hickups not related to that specific subject? Sure.
But the majority of staff have had them, and I could note yours right here and now if I felt like it, Awestruck.
Except, I can't. Because then it'd be leaking eh.

But like I've said before, the good I've done within the community heavily overshadows the 'bad' and when I resigned there were no issues whatsoever related to receiving my Veteran tag.
I also fail to see why refusing to snitch on a friend of mine when I actively chose to Fearless's problems no longer being mine by resigning is something that is worthy of taking my tags away for. (Or banned for that matter obviously)