Fearless Forums
Looking for developers! - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Looking for developers! (/showthread.php?tid=75587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Looking for developers! - Old Man Jokhah - 11-21-2016

Name: Old Man Jokhah (Steam Name: Jokhah)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:14131954

Why do you wish to become a developer: 1: I'm in college for applications programming (Coding) 2: Lets be honest, Fearless could always use more hands on deck, especially in the development area.

Previous projects with examples (describe them shortly):

I've worked with PuTTy and Filezilla for direct connecting and file uploading to servers.  (Unable to reveal a screenshot of this work, it was to build a custom webpage on the server's network)

I have an understanding of how to read and comprehend Binary, Decimal, Hexadecimal

I have an understanding but am still working on full ability to read and comprehend: HTML, Java

I know how to create apps (.apk files) using block coding, which relies on Java as it's logic core

My course selection has me slotted for COBOL and Server Communications this upcoming semester

My most recent project (.aia file can be sent upon request) is an app with two sets of conditionals, first to establish price by size and second to determine when to add shipping.

Spoiler :
[Image: e7fc4f0457639fe22281d85e9afa3bb9.png]

Spoiler :
[Image: 28a82e459b336c937c51fff172de6fb3.png]

Though block coding isn't how LUA functions, they both operate on Java core logic.  Manual entry will require some additional syntax, but beyond that the premise is the same.

I'm still waiting on Avgar to send me a few test projects for LUA so that we can determine what my actual skill with the actual code is at this time and how far along I need to go to be considered "standard" material.  That being said, I'm willing to put in time and try to refine my skill, so it's really about if you want the assistance.  If not, no hard feelings, but please don't leave me lingering for months, as that's unprofessional and rude.

RE: Looking for developers! - Ratatoskrr - 11-22-2016

(11-21-2016, 09:59 PM)Old Man Jokhah Wrote:

Spoiler :

That's made on app inventor right? I've been doing that at college...

RE: Looking for developers! - Panda - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 05:19 PM)Ratatoskrr Wrote:

Spoiler :

I thought it was scratch

RE: Looking for developers! - ELAD - 11-22-2016

(11-22-2016, 05:51 PM).Panda. Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 05:19 PM)Ratatoskrr Wrote:

Spoiler :

I thought it was scratch

oh, I remember doing that when I just started coding.

Regards

ELAD
GCSE Computer Science and Computing Student

RE: Looking for developers! - Old Man Jokhah - 11-23-2016

Yes, it was created on AppInventor, which uses block coding to make the process easier for creating .apk files. I also use it in college, and also am nearing the end of my first semester.

RE: Looking for developers! - S!RNARC - 11-23-2016

I don't think that a paid FL developer should use block coding.

RE: Looking for developers! - King Kickass - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 10:28 AM)Sir Narc Wrote: I don't think that a paid FL developer should use block coding.

What's block coding?

RE: Looking for developers! - Old Man Jokhah - 11-23-2016

I wasn't aware of any money involved in the developer position, nor have I asked for any. As for your issues with block coding, that's your opinion, however I can build the logic in block, convert it to .aia and work from there. Block coding runs off of java. Lua was based off java. I have access to a variety of programs that I can use to do either.

But hey, if you don't want me to bother trying to do actual work around here, and would rather continue to deal with the issues that presently exist till they find someone they can trust, are willing to pay, that isn't making demands, by all means. I'm offering to put in work, for free, on my time, and have been with this community off and on over years. That's not a set of qualities you are going to find often.

RE: Looking for developers! - King Kickass - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 11:35 AM)Old Man Jokhah Wrote: I wasn't aware of any money involved in the developer position, nor have I asked for any.  As for your issues with block coding, that's your opinion, however I can build the logic in block, convert it to .aia and work from there.  Block coding runs off of java.  Lua was based off java.  I have access to a variety of programs that I can use to do either.

But hey, if you don't want me to bother trying to do actual work around here, and would rather continue to deal with the issues that presently exist till they find someone they can trust, are willing to pay, that isn't making demands, by all means.  I'm offering to put in work, for free, on my time, and have been with this community off and on over years.  That's not a set of qualities you are going to find often.

I don't get it,  what's the controversy about block coding isn't it just coding at the end of the day? Idk what block coding is.

RE: Looking for developers! - dawson270500 - 11-23-2016

(11-23-2016, 12:17 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(11-23-2016, 11:35 AM)Old Man Jokhah Wrote: I wasn't aware of any money involved in the developer position, nor have I asked for any.  As for your issues with block coding, that's your opinion, however I can build the logic in block, convert it to .aia and work from there.  Block coding runs off of java.  Lua was based off java.  I have access to a variety of programs that I can use to do either.

But hey, if you don't want me to bother trying to do actual work around here, and would rather continue to deal with the issues that presently exist till they find someone they can trust, are willing to pay, that isn't making demands, by all means.  I'm offering to put in work, for free, on my time, and have been with this community off and on over years.  That's not a set of qualities you are going to find often.

I don't get it,  what's the controversy about block coding isn't it just coding at the end of the day? Idk what block coding is.

Block coding is simplified normal programming, done by people who tend to have trouble remember commands, though some popular engines now have this as the main way of programming, for example Construct 2(HTML5) and Unreal(C++/C#).

it is commonly taught to Primary School children in the UK. Though this doesn't mean its bad, many games made in Unreal are made using that's Block Coding(Known as BluePrints). Though Regular Programming is normally much more powerful and has more customization to what happens.