Fearless Forums
Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: The Courthouse (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Approved (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=66485)

Pages: 1 2

Unban Request - Ali - 12-01-2015

Your name: hey dood

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:53367226

Your ban ID: 65213

Banned by: Ivan Tempski

Reason: Using cheats to bypass AFK

Involved: a (Doctor Internet was dragged on top of the roof as well but was not directly involved)

Why we should unban you: 

I made a previous unban request: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=64267

On that unban request I had filled my post with tons of sarcasm because I had felt that I had been wronged in the situation so I will retell the story to the best of my ability in a proper manner. (Ivan if you could verify/deny the story's validity that would be nice)

On 08-31-2015 at roughly 9:20 am GMT I had logged onto V2D to play with some of my friends. I was on the side of the street next to the nexus and was waiting on my friend to come back from getting food when a different friend sent me a message on Skype which was a video that he had seen from Reddit. At this point I had hit my keybind (M1) and Alt+Tab which entered +left;+forward into the console and opened my previous window, Skype. I then proceeded to watch the video: (youtube.com/watch?v=9kzeHuhcXvo) After I had finished watching the video I pressed Alt+Tab again which brought me back to my Garry's mod window and then hit my Macro (M2) which entered -left;-forward into the console. I realized that I could not move and was being frozen by Ivan on top of the roof of the cafe(?) Ivan then brought up Doctor Internet who conversed with Ivan about how dumb I was and they then started to ridicule me for breaking the rules. Ivan brought Doctor Internet off of the roof and was telling me about how I was breaking the rules, I explained that I had looked over all of the rules and I had not seen one that said anything about typing movement commands into your console and that I hit the button purely out of reflex. He told me that I was in violation of rule 1.1 and that I was cheating by trying to bypass the AFK timer, I told him that that didn't make any sense to which he replied that it was an "unwritten rule" and that "people have been banned for this in the past". I continued to argue with him as he was basically mocking me and talking to me in a derogatory way and telling me that I was going to get permanently banned from the server, he then said "bye" and banned me for a day, which was extended by Grub to a permanent ban.

I do not feel that I was in violation of rule 1.1. Rule 1.1 states: 1.1 Using cheats, hacks or abusing glitches will not be tolerated.
(It is evident that I am being prosecuted for cheating and not hacking or abusing a glitch)

This is where I will be getting my definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating. If you would like to cite another reputable source for your definition feel free.

"Using cheats" can be defined as: "Cheating is the getting of a reward for ability by dishonest means or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation."

"Cheating is the getting of a reward for ability by dishonest means"

I was not getting anything from this unintentional hit of a keybind I do not believe I was even on the server for a total of 15 minutes to begin with (15 minutes is the AFK kick timer). And typing +left and +forward into my console is not something that only I can do, it can be done by anyone who can open the console (~).

"or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation"

Sitting on the side of the street is no way unpleasant and by typing +left and +forward I was in no way getting out of the situation.

"It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation."

I was in violation of no rules according to staff members other than rule 1.1 and in no way was I receiving an advantage from typing these console commands into my console for a brief time (less than a minute).

Grub mentioned that he found it weird that I had these commands bound in the first place.
Here is a list of all the things that I type into my console for every source game I play. They all have their separate uses and these are the binds that I use for bhopping, muting players, making sure my sensitivity is always the same, etc.
My Razer binds (Razer Synapse):
M5: GG macro (types GG into "y" chat)
M1: +Circles (Enters +left and +forward into the console)
M3: -Circles (Enters -left and -forward into the console)

Console commands:
Sensitivity 1.5
m_rawinput 1
bind l "voice_enable 0"
bind k "voice_enable 1"
bind MWHEELDOWN +jump
bind i noclip
net_graph 1
(And a few others that I cannot think of atm)

A few staff members commented that I was "bypassing the afk system". If the console commands had been active for more than a minute while I was doing something such as contra farming then I could see the justification of that, but me moving in circles on the side of the road accidentally is not bypassing any system. If CodedBrain or whomever made the anti-afk system could comment on the AFK system and how it kicks players as most anti-afk systems require the mouse to be moved and not the character to be moved.

I do not feel that I was in violation of any rules. Thank you for your time.

Just to conclude a few points
  • I did not bypass an afk system because by just standing still I would have not been kicked
  • The bind was not an intentional press
  • I gained nothing from this incident and could not have gained anything if I were afk for longer. I had no contra setup I had no base, I was simply on the side of the road.

RE: Unban Request - Viljo - 12-01-2015

You were in violation of the rules.
This thread answers your ban.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=55209 Thread is in private section, but I will quote what is stated in the thread.
Quote:Enzyme

Attempting to bypass our AFK timer is counted as exploiting and can lead to a permaban.

I advise you not to attempt to do such a thing.
This is mentioned in the thread.

Pending investigation.

RE: Unban Request - Ali - 12-01-2015

Thanks for your response. I never intended to bypass an afk system. As you can see by my previous bans (1) with one ban before the wipe. I am not a mingy player, I simply accidentally pressed my bind which was not even intended for FL. Had I been afk for more than a couple minutes I could see why you think I would be bypassing the afk system but I do not believe that I was even on the server for more than the afk kick timer, I had just logged in.

RE: Unban Request - Viljo - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:10 PM)Ali Wrote: -snip-

Rules are still rules. Your ban history doesn't affect the possibility of getting banned if rule is broke. And if ban is for major offense, it will be long/permanent one.
Bypassing AFK system is major offense.
This ban is still under investigation.

RE: Unban Request - Ali - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Viljo Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 03:10 PM)Ali Wrote: -snip-

Rules are still rules. Your ban history doesn't affect the possibility of getting banned if rule is broke. And if ban is for major offense, it will be long/permanent one.
Bypassing AFK system is major offense.
This ban is still under investigation.

As I have stated before I was not bypassing the afk system nor was I trying to bypass the system.

RE: Unban Request - Ali - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 12:22 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: You were bypassing the afk system, no argument about that.

I don't understand. If I was in a room with contra hiding away spinning in circles sure, but I was on the side of the nexus road accidentally using a bind that was not even created for the server and was accidentally pressed off of reflex. I was not intentionally doing this and even if I was I had not even been on the server for the amount of time that is necessary to be kicked for being AFK. If I had been on the server for more than 15 minutes using this while trying to gain something I could see it as bypassing the AFK system but I was simply accidentally running in circles on the side of the road. Not to mention that no exploiting isn't even a rule. I was banned for an unwritten rule that I never intended to break.

RE: Unban Request - Ali - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 05:18 AM)MasterNoda Wrote: Not saying you did it purposefully, but what you had done was use a bypass for the afk system.

You have to understand that it was not done to bypass the afk system, it was done unintentionally. So lets say I used the commands malicously. I had not been afk for more than a minute or even on the server for more than 15 minutes (AFK kick timer), I was not trying to hide the fact that I was spinning in circles, and I had nothing to gain from this. What seperates me from similar cases is that I was in broad daylight. What kind of minge would deliberatly break the ToS infront of everybody on the server. It was unintentional, I apologize, and I feel that 3 month ban time (What I have currently served) is sufficent.

RE: Unban Request - CarpeDiem - 12-04-2015

User warned for posting without being involved.

RE: Unban Request - Ali - 12-04-2015

EDIT: Thanks Jan.

RE: Unban Request - Ali - 12-11-2015

Not trying to rush anyone or anything but any updates from the investigation Viljo?