Fearless Forums
TimmyS's Unban request - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: The Courthouse (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Unban Request (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: TimmyS's Unban request (/showthread.php?tid=58421)

Pages: 1 2

TimmyS's Unban request - TimmyS - 03-06-2015

Your name: Titan TimmyS

Your ban ID: 59447

Banned by: [FL:M] Rolorox

Reason: Disconnect to avoid roleplay situation

Involved: Me and the mod. Can't remember the sergeants name who reported me.

Why we should unban you: My nvidia drivers crashed and I could not enter gmod in any way (Has happened before) And I tried to type because I could still control gmod but not see the screen. I tried typing in local OOC and OOC that I crashed. I don't know how to get proof that my drivers crashed but I'm trying to update to a new version atm but it says it cannot install the new driver for some reason. This is probably a common problem and I don't think I should be blamed for it. EDIT: Here's the only proof I have that my drivers won't install correctly http://gyazo.com/e4529f3ca1cd82309d291dfa1e093b46

RE: TimmyS's Unban request - Rolorox - 03-06-2015

I saw you were complaining about this in the logs, but you also were not clear. You were moving around and talking to him, so to myself and the officer that was questioning you, (Basic2.0) You were not in the process of having problems. You were answering his questions but getting annoyed. Then you said "// My drivers crashed and I'm in a arrest situation. Cannot see the game. Gotta restart gmod." 

So you disconnected [12:41:38] ✪ Titan TimmyS (STEAM_0:0:98230678) Disconnected (Disconnect by user.)

I waited [12:51:49] [FL:M] Rolorox (STEAM_0:1:25930697) said: /ban STEAM_0:0:98230678 1d Disconnect to avoid roleplay situation

Exactly 10 minutes for you to reconnect as you said. You did not reconnect. This is when I issued the ban. You should have not disconnected in the first place before getting in contact with a staff member so that you would not be punished for DC'ing during a rp situation. But after you did DC you did not come back as you said. 

Even if your game is acting up, it did not crash. So you do not disconnect during roleplay. If anyone were to see in the logs the disconnect looks purposeful as you were annoyed. But you yourself dc'd instead of contacting me or another staff member for help. The rule was still broken.

RE: TimmyS's Unban request - TimmyS - 03-06-2015

How am I supposed to contact you when I cannot see what I'm doing in-game? I'm not allowed to add any staff's on steam. Also you were not online on the forums and I knew you were the only staff in-game.

Also the 10 minutes I were trying to install the new driver so it wouldn't happen again. Why would you not let me fix my problem? Still I could not contact you since I was not in-game at the time, and you were offline on the forums.

Also I never EVER mentioned coming back in 10 minutes or even coming back. I said gotta restart garry's mod wich didn't work so I started downloading the new drivers wich did not work either.

RE: TimmyS's Unban request - Rolorox - 03-06-2015

There is no rule against adding staff. Most staff just prefer not to be added. I don't mind if anyone adds me. As well that is the point, you did not make a notion that you would be back. You just left in the middle of a roleplay situation. To most what you are saying seems like just an excuse to not be annoyed or arrested. Point is you know its wrong for you to leave during a situation. You should have talked to me first and none of this would have happened. From what I was watching and what the officer was seeing, you were answering his questions and moving fine. I would suspect nothing wrong with your computer.

I could give exactly what happens when it crashes. First you tab out of garry's mod and then you can't tab in that's when the driver crashes and after you try to run garry's mod or any game that make my drivers crash it says "There is already an instance of this game running" You can google drivers crash and what happens. I tried typing in both local and regular OOC, I've had this problem before with a corleone taking me hostage. I typed in ooc and tried to restart my garry's mod and I got no ban or anything since the guy said it was ok in voice chat. And when I'm tabbed out because of the crash I can still move and control everything, even voice chat. I just can't see in the game, only my background is shown. The sound works fine to.

A guy named voluptious even pmed me and said I should add him on steam so he could help me proove that my drivers crashed, wich indicates that there's more people experiencing this shit even that you do not. Don't expect things due to your lack of experience, since people actually have these problems.

RE: TimmyS's Unban request - dig - 03-07-2015

Go ahead and provide crash-logs to prove your case please.

C: > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > common > Garry's Mod

Crashes will look like the following

hl2_21580_crash_2015_1_42B0_45.m

RE: TimmyS's Unban request - TimmyS - 03-07-2015

I don't think you guys understand -_- MY DRIVERS (GPU) CRASHED, OK? GARRY'S MOD ITSELF DID NOT CRASH. Read the 6th reply and try to understand what happens.