Fearless Forums
Quick question - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: CityRP Server (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Roleplay and Events (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=415)
+---- Thread: Quick question (/showthread.php?tid=55842)

Quick question - lpriml - 12-24-2014

Er, the question (questionS really) is technically RP related so I hope this is the best place for it, as it's not OT nor is really a Help problem, if anything it could fall under suggestion and here you see my predicament. If it is, in fact, the wrong place for it, I apologize and will remove it upon request.

Yesterday I was on 33, RPing, having a laugh, etc., when something happened that made me think how it's too bad you can't write articles in-game. And I tossed the idea around with someone else and I thought maybe - as I've seen elsewhere - there could be a section for it here on the forums. A thread dedicated to happenings on the server that are in character. It doesn't necessarily have to be a full fledged "newspaper" with a bunch of different things but an article here and there from anyone who wishes to write for it. But then again, it also could be a full fledged RP both in-game and here on the forums, where someone starts a newspaper and hires journalists.

tl;dr, My question before I started rambling was IF someone were to write an article without there being a dedicated thread, I assume it would go here right?

Question 2. The incident involved a police officer and a civilian and while the article itself isn't necessarily about police brutality - more like ~the downfall of the ECPD~ I got to thinking about it and the goings-on here in the States and now I'm wondering if anyone would be offended by it if I were to write it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I know it's a delicate issue. I would try my best, though, to not make it a cop-on-innocent crime piece.

And now question 3 that arose because of the ramble: Would anyone be interested in starting a newspaper? ;p

RE: Quick question - TheImpossibleTruster5 - 12-24-2014

I would like to be starting a Newspaper

RE: Quick question - Nevy - 12-24-2014

I love the idea man!

There are a few options that I suggest. You could either..

A) Start a Newspaper Clan - Here

B) Start a Newspaper RP Group - Here

C) Simply start a Forum RP Thread - Here

For what you want to do, I would recommend starting a Newspaper Roleplay Group. This is a less structured system than our Clan System and grants you a thread to post on as well as the ability to take it in-game as well. You could make an office building for your company or whatever! I really love the idea of this and if you need any help, feel free to add me on steam.

RE: Quick question - lpriml - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 08:10 AM)Nevy Wrote: I love the idea man!

There are a few options that I suggest. You could either..

A) Start a Newspaper Clan - Here

B) Start a Newspaper RP Group - Here

C) Simply start a Forum RP Thread - Here

For what you want to do, I would recommend starting a Newspaper Roleplay Group. This is a less structured system than our Clan System and grants you a thread to post on as well as the ability to take it in-game as well. You could make an office building for your company or whatever! I really love the idea of this and if you need any help, feel free to add me on steam.

Oh super! I think the group will definitely be the way to go. I'll definitely be poking around and doing research to get this off the ground. Thanks so much for the help!

RE: Quick question - lpriml - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 07:59 AM)Jeff Favignano Wrote: I would like to be starting a Newspaper

I'm open to ideas Smile

RE: Quick question - ArcHammer - 12-24-2014

Yep, just either create a group/clan or create threads in the Roleplay section here! (Or do both.)

RE: Quick question - Ludo - 12-29-2014

I had this idea awhile back i was going to try and make a magazine thread and do the works in photoshop, the designing ended up being too much work in the end so I scrapped it but I agree an EvoCity Newspaper would be a great thing to have!

RE: Quick question - MrTreeGames - 12-29-2014

Just give it a shot! I would love to join ya!