Fearless Forums
Need a second opinion on PC spec - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Support Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+---- Thread: Need a second opinion on PC spec (/showthread.php?tid=47107)

Pages: 1 2

Need a second opinion on PC spec - Barkles - 05-26-2014

Hey everyone

im literally about to press "Buy" on my new PC, but as it's my first custom I wanted to have a second opinion on the specs ive chosen

There isn't any question of re configing the whole thing anymore, all I want to Know is will this run next gen at 60 Fps?

Corsair Vengeance C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case - Arctic White
Corsair VS650 650W Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Motherboard
Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Processor: 4.2GHz Optimised Overclock
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler
Nvidia GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
24x DVD Re-Writer
Onboard 7.1 Surround Sound Audio
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SATA3 6Gbs Solid State Drive
1TB SATA3 6Gbs Hard Drive
Internal 300Mbps Wireless N Adaptor
Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz Memory
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Standard 64-bit

Thanks Smile

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - Jordy - 05-26-2014

That's a monster of a budget build, you'll be getting a lot more FPS than your beast laptop!

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - Barkles - 05-26-2014

(05-26-2014, 09:32 AM)Jordy Wrote: That's a monster of a budget build, you'll be getting a lot more FPS than your beast laptop!
hahaha £800 well spent Wink

Clicked buy, no going back

thanks Jordy for the help on here and steam!

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - Tandy - 05-26-2014

Come on, Barkles, who even uses DVD drives anymore? xD
The rest of the computer is brilliant, A well better computer than i'll ever get to have within the next couple of years until i get my own job..... *le sigh*
But a good choice with the 760, why not try to squeeze in a 760 ti?

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - ArcHammer - 05-26-2014

Great build, it will certainly last you a while. Have fun!
7.1 Surround Sound Audio...grrr...

(05-26-2014, 10:38 AM)Tandy Wrote: Come on, Barkles, who even uses DVD drives anymore? xD
The rest of the computer is brilliant, A well better computer than i'll ever get to have within the next couple of years until i get my own job..... *le sigh*
But a good choice with the 760, why not try to squeeze in a 760 ti?

Thanks! I would get the Ti but it is WAY more expensive and the PC alone costs £863 + Monitor (130) = £993 and that's about 200 over budget xD

Also the 24x Dvd came as standard. and I still play disk releases when its cheaper

not to mention the 50 odd old games from my youth Tounge

(05-26-2014, 11:21 AM)ArcHammer Wrote: Great build, it will certainly last you a while. Have fun!
7.1 Surround Sound Audio...grrr...

Ikr I couldn't afford a soundblaster Sad really wanted a better soundcard for my music work I want to be able to do on it.

but I thought to myself that I could do that later

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - Weecow - 05-26-2014

Get an more basic PC case, don't get an 7.1 sound shit (unless you actively make music or shit like that) don't have an 300MBPS card, use the onboard lan port which is fast enough, and save a bit money on the DVD thingy. And then get an 760Ti gpu.

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - Link - 05-26-2014

Personally, I would've gone for a bigger SSD with more storage space. Moreover, everything else seems great!

(05-26-2014, 03:02 PM)Weecow Wrote: Get an more basic PC case, don't get an 7.1 sound shit (unless you actively make music or shit like that) don't have an 300MBPS card, use the onboard lan port which is fast enough, and save a bit money on the DVD thingy. And then get an 760Ti gpu.

I do make music Smile im taking it in college next year so go sound is required Wink

Also I have to use wifi as The router is downstairs and theres no other connections, plus my parents will not let me use a Ethernet cable to go down there...

Also, my mum being the style person she is demanded I had a white case, and this was the cheapest one with decent cooling :/

I will invest in a better GPU later on... for now from what I've got it will do

Thanks for the tips though, it's appreciated Smile

(05-26-2014, 03:26 PM)Link66 Wrote: Personally, I would've gone for a bigger SSD with more storage space. Moreover, everything else seems great!

Yeah that SSD was standard in the build and I could keep it in so I did...

it is only going to house the OS and maybe a few other things so it's all I need

besides the 1 TB HDD will do me fine I think

Thanks though mate! I will invest in a better SSD in the future when I have the cash!

(Ive already bought the rig at the specs above now so I cant go back haha)

RE: Need a second opinion on PC spec - bismo - 05-26-2014

It looks good, but if you were wanting to get a better GFX card you could've requested no OS on it and got a Win 7 iso and just run Windows Loader on it. Other than that, the PC looks pretty damn good.