Fearless Forums
What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. (/showthread.php?tid=27134)

Pages: 1 2

What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - DubpleRW - 03-01-2013

http://youtu.be/nKIu9yen5nc

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - Al sevenfold - 03-01-2013

I'm going to say this from personal experience, coding is the most annoyingly stressful thing ever, there's a reason it's not taught at high school.
You have to be spot on with the coding, one spelling mistake and boom, the program doesn't work.
You have to know what to actually write to get the program to work and it can be similar in some programs but completely different in others.
Programs constantly manage to screw themselves up, leading to 4 hours having to do the same thing over and over again.
There's plenty of other reasons why coding is in my nightmares.

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - Callos - 03-01-2013

Teachers struggle to teach a class English now-a-days. Coding is difficult and requires patience and willing to learn. I do not believe many people in 'High school' (I am not American) will give two flicks about it. It's a nice thought, but young students lack the motivation...

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - Warior135 - 03-01-2013

In my high-school, Because I already knew coding, When we where doing coding as a topic, When we started making an application, I was the only person in the room who could do it properly (Even the teacher didn't know jack s***) and it ended up in me completing it "4 lessons too early" and when other people where figuring things out, I was allowed to watch YouTube :3

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - DubpleRW - 03-01-2013

(03-01-2013, 08:04 AM)Warior135 Wrote: In my high-school, Because I already knew coding, When we where doing coding as a topic, When we started making an application, I was the only person in the room who could do it properly (Even the teacher didn't know jack s***) and it ended up in me completing it "4 lessons too early" and when other people where figuring things out, I was allowed to watch YouTube :3

Same! :33

Btw, Al Sevenfold, errors will lead to solutions, Error: 10,24, Expected }. Wich means you forgat a } at line 10 at the 24th character.

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - HellShell - 03-01-2013

I got it since 8th grade.
At the beginning it's mostly learning HTML etc... And after about a month we had to make our own websites. Kinda fun Smile

(03-01-2013, 09:15 AM)DubpleRW Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 08:04 AM)Warior135 Wrote: In my high-school, Because I already knew coding, When we where doing coding as a topic, When we started making an application, I was the only person in the room who could do it properly (Even the teacher didn't know jack s***) and it ended up in me completing it "4 lessons too early" and when other people where figuring things out, I was allowed to watch YouTube :3

Btw, Al Sevenfold, errors will lead to solutions, Error: 10,24, Expected }. Wich means you forgat a } at line 10 at the 24th character.

Which coding software do you use? I had visual basic 2009, completely outdated, didn't tell you where it had gone wrong for the most part.

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - DubpleRW - 03-01-2013

(03-01-2013, 01:41 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote:

Which coding software do you use? I had visual basic 2009, completely outdated, didn't tell you where it had gone wrong for the most part.

Debugging will help you out.

(03-01-2013, 03:17 PM)DubpleRW Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 01:41 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote:

Debugging will help you out.

Debugging doesn't even work until everything is correct, or you can revset back to the time it actually worked and debug it from there, seriously it's a 2009 program, there are so many flaws.

RE: What most schools don't teach you - Coding. - Warior135 - 03-01-2013

(03-01-2013, 01:08 PM)HellShell Wrote: I got it since 8th grade.
At the beginning it's mostly learning HTML etc... And after about a month we had to make our own websites. Kinda fun Smile

We did making web-pages in Year 8 Tounge