Fearless Forums
Future of FL - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Future of FL (/showthread.php?tid=100271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Future of FL - Awestruck - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 02:24 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote: [Image: ae7fe62581ed845bcc57c3c397982abf.jpg]

fellas...

This is considered leaking…

RE: Future of FL - Archer - 11-29-2022

Nostalgia's been tried. New updates have been tried. Status quo has been tried. None have succeeded.

As I've said before, it's time to call it quits. I sure hope these efforts will bear fruit, but I do not for a moment think there is any reasonable chance of that.

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes, those were the days

RE: Future of FL - Rowan13 - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 06:27 PM)Archer Wrote: Nostalgia's been tried. New updates have been tried. Status quo has been tried. None have succeeded.

As I've said before, it's time to call it quits. I sure hope these efforts will bear fruit, but I do not for a moment think there is any reasonable chance of that.
[Image: 53eee6fc5ae2bd961a465cac54da2d3f.png]

RE: Future of FL - Strike10 - 11-30-2022

Instead of half-assing this revival to achieve the ultimate nostalgia, why don't the staff team just make another Fearless Rap. I would love to hear the ''Cuz we're the fearless team!'' ''And then, check the forums out''. It's funny, the chemistry between every staff member used to be so clean before, doubt there would be another Rap with this management we have now.

Sometimes, when i'm outside i start humming to the beat.

RE: Future of FL - Marve Fleksnes - 11-30-2022

(11-30-2022, 11:24 PM)Strike10 Wrote: Instead of half-assing this revival to achieve the ultimate nostalgia, why don't the staff team just make another Fearless Rap. I would love to hear the ''Cuz we're the fearless team!'' ''And then, check the forums out''. It's funny, the chemistry between every staff member used to be so clean before, doubt there would be another Rap with this management we have now.

Save this for when you become admin Smile

Yo, my name is Strike10
Double account? I'll ban you again.

thank me later <3

RE: Future of FL - L Y N C H Y - 12-01-2022

(11-30-2022, 11:24 PM)Strike10 Wrote: Instead of half-assing this revival to achieve the ultimate nostalgia, why don't the staff team just make another Fearless Rap. I would love to hear the ''Cuz we're the fearless team!'' ''And then, check the forums out''. It's funny, the chemistry between every staff member used to be so clean before, doubt there would be another Rap with this management we have now.

bro walks down the street humming Garry’s mod community server songs

RE: Future of FL - Disastrous - 12-01-2022

Keep it shut off for good, the server will stay dead until you fix this >

[Image: fcb2ac72f59d49856a17c39bc663a8f1.png]

RE: Future of FL - Doctor Internet - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 05:13 PM)Disastrous Wrote: Keep it shut off for good, the server will stay dead until you fix this >

true tbh

RE: Future of FL - Forgee - 12-02-2022

(12-01-2022, 05:13 PM)Disastrous Wrote: Keep it shut off for good, the server will stay dead until you fix this >

The most optimistic Fearless RP community member

RE: Future of FL - Cox - 12-03-2022

(11-27-2022, 08:02 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote: "toxicity on the forums" 
bro we have 0 players, what are you even on about

If anything giving mods and janitors further validation in random and over-sensitive ego based "moderation actions" does precisely the opposite of making FearlessRP an attractive space to fuck around, roleplay, make friends and create memories at. 

Garry's Mod as a whole isn't what it used to be:

[Image: 6a4a0a86bcc5f598d34c85c0d9f50c29.png]
[Image: 47a3fad7eaf2392f0295c3821c23f76f.png]

Player count information + achievement unlock rates tell us two things:

1) Total player activity dropped to under half of in the previous years of a much more active FL and game overall; 
2) Garry's Mod hardly attracts new players as evidenced by achievement rates lower than in 2009, FearlessRP is one of the spaces that suffers the most because new players or casual gmod visitors have no reason to join an empty server.

These two premises mean that gmod players are mostly OLD players that hang around in their niche roleplay communities & game modes (just look at how many replies in this thread come from "veterans"). FLRP already had 1 successful and unlikely revival under previous management through total deletion of bans and ban records, but I doubt FL's ban list pool is even big enough as of now to really make a huge difference this time. Banned players who weren't hacking aside, new chances are always welcomed in long enough timeframes, but its more likely the userbase as a whole has moved on.

Rather than tightening the social laws and narrowing the window of acceptable tone, you should be accompanying the aesthetic & mechanical improvements that you speak of with the polar opposite of that. Create an environment akin more to 2012-13 FLRP and allow gray area, quirky, spontaneous roleplays and attitudes, so you can actually get creative personalities to stick around whilst carving their own little space in the community- otherwise there's no reason for players of all ranges of roleplaying experience to try out and continue to hop on our servers.

If you enable circlejerking or give whiny fruitcakes the high ground FL relapses into being a space of tired crybabies and small social cliques that nobody can nor wishes to break into. Tired crybabies and social cliques that barely play the game at all, make up no consistent player numbers, and therefore never allow FL:RP's servers to reach the critical mass necessary for the community to have its own organic gravitational pull that in freer times snowballed into a healthy space with a healthy fine balance of newbies and veterans.

The active communities out there have stood the test of time, FL can take it's righteous place in those ranks if its management looks beyond the cavernous walls of where the sun don't shine. Be better than the average mod team rather than the poster child of today's mod memes!

EDIT: and for the love of Christ bring back evocity_v2d
This "giant map where the community barely interacts" meme is half the fcking problem

This.