Fearless Forums
Future of FL - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Future of FL (/showthread.php?tid=100271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Future of FL - NEMxDman - 11-27-2022

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these updates implimented and finished, hopefully these upcoming updates will give the server the revival it needs and will help to cater for new players that are coming in, encouraging them to stick around. 

Also I don't understand all of the hate towards these updates and the staff team. Especially considering most of the hate is coming from old players who haven't played in years.

RE: Future of FL - livkx - 11-27-2022

Jan
[Image: epic-spongebob.gif]

RE: Future of FL - Zecon - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 04:38 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: No-one in this community can truly be 'qualified' for the position of Owner

i can. i would spend all donation money on big breasted anime cat girl twitch streamers to get them to play the server. then all the tragic simps like arny would join to try and garner a slither of communication with them. server would be constantly full. thank me later.

RE: Future of FL - Awestruck - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 06:36 PM)Zecon Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 04:38 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: No-one in this community can truly be 'qualified' for the position of Owner

i can. i would spend all donation money on big breasted anime cat girl twitch streamers to get them to play the server. then all the tragic simps like arny would join to try and garner a slither of communication with them. server would be constantly full. thank me later.

this is why I’m completely in love with you

RE: Future of FL - Lewwings - 11-27-2022

Regardless of what happens next, Fearless has had quite a run. Personally I've enjoyed the last 5-6 years here and am glad I joined all those years ago, some friendships I've made on here I value deeply and I would be lesser without them.

To think that we all have our own lives, interests, commitments, and experiences and all of us decided to join this specific community on a physics sandbox mod, stick around, and participate in it long-term (a decade long commitment for some folks) is really an amazing achievement on every individual's part.

I think it would be childish of me to bash those who, despite a great toxicity, still want to try and keep the community going in the face of such nihilism - so instead I just want to say "good luck" to the development team as they try to construct a new future for Fearless.

Here's to whatever that future brings, and stay classy folks.

RE: Future of FL - Boonan - 11-27-2022

If everyone roleplayed then we wouldn't have this issue smh

RE: Future of FL - Pollux - 11-27-2022

Conn isn't going anywhere and we're pushing forward with this plan as a team. Let's stop with this long tangent about who should be owner and instead focus on what actually matters; the plan itself and any questions people may have related to it is the important thing here.

RE: Future of FL - Rossi - 11-27-2022

Best of luck, honestly. I know it takes a lot to revive a community, but if all of you have a set plan now and everyone is on board, I’m wishing you all the best.

It’s like having a pickaxe and trying to take down, piece by piece a boulder. Not a task everyone dares to try but if one day, we all could come on gmod, and see FL has 80 players on, it would have all been worth it.

I also think there is maybe an upside to this dead community. It now gives the staff team the development freedom they choose, with the suggestions of actual members who care, the projects they’d like. There is nothing really to lose, so if you feel this plan you created is good, go for it. The sky is the limit.

Respectfully, I hold very similar opinions to what a lot of the “older” members share and do agree with points said on here. But enough with all the negativity, it goes no where. If I had to sit here and figure how to revive a game mode, and then went on the forums to see constant negativity, I’d be worn out, done with it.

If you have ideas, share them. If you have constructive criticism, speak up respectfully. Anything other than that, just stop posting, it’s like watching children argue and scream over something that isn’t that serious. Sure you’re entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, but what good are they if the sole purpose of those opinions are to tear people down, or ruin the vibe?

I find if a bit funny for anyone, including myself to come on here and undermine every decision that’s made. There is not a single person here that can say they’re an active member on the server because I see the numbers every day, sitting at 0. So if you’re not an active member, stop complaining so badly when decisions like these are made. You were never here to begin with, so how has this “inconvenience” your day?

Anyways, looking forward to trying something new out next year when released.

RE: Future of FL - Rowan13 - 11-27-2022

"toxicity on the forums" 
bro we have 0 players, what are you even on about

If anything giving mods and janitors further validation in random and over-sensitive ego based "moderation actions" does precisely the opposite of making FearlessRP an attractive space to fuck around, roleplay, make friends and create memories at. 

Garry's Mod as a whole isn't what it used to be:

[Image: 6a4a0a86bcc5f598d34c85c0d9f50c29.png]
[Image: 47a3fad7eaf2392f0295c3821c23f76f.png]

Player count information + achievement unlock rates tell us two things:

1) Total player activity dropped to under half of in the previous years of a much more active FL and game overall; 
2) Garry's Mod hardly attracts new players as evidenced by achievement rates lower than in 2009, FearlessRP is one of the spaces that suffers the most because new players or casual gmod visitors have no reason to join an empty server.

These two premises mean that gmod players are mostly OLD players that hang around in their niche roleplay communities & game modes (just look at how many replies in this thread come from "veterans"). FLRP already had 1 successful and unlikely revival under previous management through total deletion of bans and ban records, but I doubt FL's ban list pool is even big enough as of now to really make a huge difference this time. Banned players who weren't hacking aside, new chances are always welcomed in long enough timeframes, but its more likely the userbase as a whole has moved on.

Rather than tightening the social laws and narrowing the window of acceptable tone, you should be accompanying the aesthetic & mechanical improvements that you speak of with the polar opposite of that. Create an environment akin more to 2012-13 FLRP and allow gray area, quirky, spontaneous roleplays and attitudes, so you can actually get creative personalities to stick around whilst carving their own little space in the community- otherwise there's no reason for players of all ranges of roleplaying experience to try out and continue to hop on our servers.

If you enable circlejerking or give whiny fruitcakes the high ground FL relapses into being a space of tired crybabies and small social cliques that nobody can nor wishes to break into. Tired crybabies and social cliques that barely play the game at all, make up no consistent player numbers, and therefore never allow FL:RP's servers to reach the critical mass necessary for the community to have its own organic gravitational pull that in freer times snowballed into a healthy space with a healthy fine balance of newbies and veterans.

The active communities out there have stood the test of time, FL can take it's righteous place in those ranks if its management looks beyond the cavernous walls of where the sun don't shine. Be better than the average mod team rather than the poster child of today's mod memes!

EDIT: and for the love of Christ bring back evocity_v2d
This "giant map where the community barely interacts" meme is half the fcking problem

RE: Future of FL - gin - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 08:02 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote:
EDIT: and for the love of Christ bring back evocity_v2d
This "giant map where the community barely interacts" meme is half the fcking problem

Are you aware that v2d has been on the server for like 3 weeks