This game!!
(10-01-2014, 12:28 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 11:28 AM)Evanswachtz Wrote:
Ever heard of Star Citizen?

We'll see if it's the prophesized successor to Freelancer.

Trust me.
It will own!

Spoiler :
I've donated 120$ on the game, I love Space Sims.

Looks good no doubt. But to me the game footage looks pre-rendered.

Also, who's playing Elite: Dangerous? I bought it, best £50 i have ever spent, it's already the equivalent star citizen, but pretty much finished. 3 years before star citizens 2016/17 release.

This..... this, is the year... for space sims! Brace yourselves people, it's the golden age of space sims!
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Game looks decent, but I certainly won't be buying it. Fuck the studio.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans...0-6421442/
  • the game is confirmed to be a timed PS4 exclusive and will be released on computers at a later date.
  • Murray stated that focusing on the PS4 hardware gave the team the ability to maximize its procedural generation algorithms to make the environments as vivid and full as possible.

• Murray explained. "We've always had PC in mind but in my head [console-y] means solid framerate and immediate controls."

Shit just got real with this baby.

(115$ was worth it)
I've been considering getting Elite: Dangerous, I've looked at some of the gameplay vids and it seems my kind of game. Monitoring your ships systems, disabling them and running cold so you can do some sneaky wetwork and smuggling? Yes please.

I backed Star Citizen too, but just the basic package. I don't particularly trust kickstarters, too many of them don't deliver, and while Star Citizen has gained a lot of dosh, they haven't been delivering particularly well. I'm hoping it ends up great, but I wouldn't be willing to put any more money into it.