Let's talk about who can post where
(09-19-2014, 09:15 PM)Aviator Wrote: Sorry, but Fearless isn't a justified democratic place with a perfect business model and never will be. I don't mean this negatively on SoulRipper or the team, but at the end of the day - it's a gaming community.

I'd suggest you drop it, Joykill. You should have learnt by now that seldom will you win a fight with the staff.
[Image: at.gif]
So might as well just drop it, Fearless is not perfect, and for the same reason I should not be attempting to raise a discussion about how to improve. I find that analogy a bit off. 

To be very honest, Fearless is a great community, much above any other community I can think of, in regards to how well-organized it is. Thing is, give people freedom (metaphorically speaking, easily comparable to democratic countries vs dictatorships), and discussion and complaining shall arrive.

On another note, Ciryl's post was just posted on the thread, and, like any other post like his, it only had a message at the bottom added, unlike mine. Funny how there is quite a bit of disagreement on how to actually manage this, refering to Floody's quote: 
Quote:By letting your post stay if I thought it was good to be shown, ignoring my duty as administrator to deal with people who break forum rules, then I would be biased. 
Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a good thing that Ciryl's post is still there - kudus to whoever made that decision.

(09-19-2014, 07:13 PM)Enzyme Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 04:47 PM)therock1990 Wrote: I never saw admin getting demoted for abusing , even when they abuse , theres always someone in staff that think that wasnt no abuse at all , so theres no point to do abuse threads about admins or complaint about it , since it never happen anything .....

I guess you've been away from FL for a year. Things have happened. Staff-members have been demoted and stepped down instead.
Abuse-cases do result in consequences. The punishment can vary from a smack on the face to a demotion or whatever. The punishments are just rarely public to prevent public drama and it turning into a circus.
"Abuse-cases do result in consequences." Oh yes, a single message stating you were a bad, bad boy, and calling that a finished case is a fair punishment for what was definitely a breach of rules, that could have any other user banned. How about they were punished like any other user? A breach of the rules causes a suspension, that simple. Oh wait...
"So might as well just drop it"

Closed.
Figured I'd explain a few things without all the protective fluff the other people have used here; While I don't like to be harsh sometimes its necessary, especially when you go causing drama on the forums in this manner. My colleague did the right thing in closing this thread before it got out of hand, but without further explanation it's pretty much a given that either you or someone else will soon enough make a similar thread spouting the same flawed arguments.

Our rules about posting in abuse cases and ban requests are there for a reason, and it has nothing to do with whether or not you feel you can bring something to the discussion as an equal to an admin. Yes it's true, regular players can have valid input and make relevant discussion that could potentially contribute, but there's a reason we don't allow that: Everyone would want to take part. These threads would then instantly become a huge mess and we'd never solve anything, it's only create more and more problems as the discussion inevitably devolves into a dramatic argument. Therefore, we have rules in place that only people will new evidence or who were directly involved may post.

Admins get to post because they've been specially selected to deal with these cases, and while they may sometimes have flawed opinions and miss a few things (we're all human), these people have proven that they're trustworthy and capable of dealing with these threads without letting it turn into an argumentative mess. Now, most people have no problem following these rules, especially people who have been here since 2012 like you have. And here's the point where I'm going to be harsh: What makes you think that you should have the right to break these rules that most others obey? It's like you're trying to act like an admin, and you get offended when people inform you that you're breaking the rules, to the extent that you make this thread about it. You come off as very self-entitled and disrespectful - Stop thinking that you're a special little snowflake who's opinion matters so much he can ignore the rules everyone else has the humility and respect to follow. Because you're not. You're a player like the rest of them, and I damn well expect you to follow the rules like them, else you will end up punished. This goes to everyone who feels they're above the others and can selectively choose which rules to obey.

In regards to the admin abuse cases and punishments: Some are public, most are internal, and aren't up for discussion.

To those of you who do obey our courthouse rules - And this is the vast majority of you - Thank you.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Enzyme