Crash when joining
I haven't seen any Thread's about this so it could only be me but.

Has anyone else been having this problem?

I load up Gmod fine, and then I join a server, everything is fine. Then when I get to sending client info and goes to pop me into the map I crash.

No idea whats doing it either.

UPDATE: I got it working, something was wrong with my FL Content, not sure if something was either old in the one I had or it wasn't just downloading a new one from the Fast DL. Either way I got it working with a fresh new copy of it from the forums.
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
Good job on making it work, also if you experience some random crashes you should try running your game in DirectX 8.1 by adding: -dxlevel 81 to the launch options.
(07-20-2013, 10:45 AM)Freezak Wrote: Good job on making it work, also if you experience some random crashes you should try running your game in DirectX 8.1 by adding: -dxlevel 81 to the launch options.

I would but then that would make the game look all ugly.

And the reason I got a new Gaming PC was to make sure my games ran fine and look pretty......

And well Gmod can only look so good with its dated graphics....but still XD
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
The following 1 user Likes MikeyTheFox's post:
  • Freezak
I got the same problem before. I solved my problem by starting a singeplayer game before attempting to join any online server.
(07-20-2013, 12:47 PM)MikeyTheFox Wrote:
(07-20-2013, 10:45 AM)Freezak Wrote: Good job on making it work, also if you experience some random crashes you should try running your game in DirectX 8.1 by adding: -dxlevel 81 to the launch options.

I would but then that would make the game look all ugly.

And the reason I got a new Gaming PC was to make sure my games ran fine and look pretty......

And well Gmod can only look so good with its dated graphics....but still XD

Well to be honest the only thing that DirectX 8.1 changes is saturation, as everything has more saturated colors, i didn't see any other difference and even if there is, i prefer smooth gameplay without crashes instead of nice graphics and random crashes, sometimes causing your RP getting ruined. Anyways, if you don't experience them, then there's no sense in reducing your DirectX to v8.1, that's for sure Smile
Problem fixed, closing.