Loading time
Hello,

I've downloaded all the necessary items on the fearless site to play on the fearless servers. But it still takes a very long time to join the game, and it's very annoying.
Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

P.S. Does it always download 150 MB when joining the server?
I could use an answer to this as-well does anyone else take at-least 5 or 6 minutes to get into the server?

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

If you download the models everytime you enter the server I guess you have the 'flcontent' folder in addons.

Step 1:
Go into the 'flcontent' folder, you should see the folders; sounds, settings, models, materials. Copy these folders.

Step 2:
Find your garrysmod/garrysmod folder. This could be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod

Pick the one which your Gmod runs from. Inside the garrysmod/garrysmod folder you should see many folders including the addons folder, and sounds, settings, models, materials. Paste the folders here. They should merge with the originals, overwrite any files which are asked to.

This hopefully will fix your problems.
Thanks for the help Termin, but it didn't work :/

But if this helps at finding a solution it's always downloading modeles of weapons ( Downloading models/weapons/.... )
(06-27-2013, 05:03 PM)Groovypanda Wrote: Thanks for the help Termin, but it didn't work :/

But if this helps at finding a solution it's always downloading modeles of weapons ( Downloading models/weapons/.... )

Do you have CSS?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I am currently trying to join the server. It's stuck at "Retrieving server info". First time this happens to me.

//Edit: It doesn't download any content and I'm not downloading anything else.

While typing I managed to join the server. I receive heavy lags and it says the gamemode has crashed for like 2 minutes.
After that the inventory opened up and it finally shows net_graph.

Ping: ~350 (normal ping for me: ~70 - ~120 depending on how many players are connected)

Many people are trying to connect, others are complaining about DDoS.
I have same problem, i'm stuck at "Retrieving server info" and i can't do anything.
(06-28-2013, 03:45 AM)bruterules Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 05:03 PM)Groovypanda Wrote: Thanks for the help Termin, but it didn't work :/

Do you have CSS?

No, I don't
It's because the server is getting ddosed atm.
(06-28-2013, 11:07 AM)Groovypanda Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 03:45 AM)bruterules Wrote:

Do you have CSS?

No, I don't

That's your problem. The server is trying to give you the gun models. To fix it you need to get CS:S. That will solve texture/model errors your probably getting too.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]