Fearless Forums
Project New Weapons(Hephaestus) - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Project New Weapons(Hephaestus) (/showthread.php?tid=59738)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Project Hephaestus - Marty - 04-22-2015

On top of this did we even get a refund for ammo ?

RE: Project Hephaestus - aviator - 04-22-2015

But wouldn't people just spend that money on the new guns and ammo then? So you wouldn't have loads of people running around with millions.

I don't see how it'll mess up the economy... CityRP doesn't really have much of one to be honest.

RE: Project Hephaestus - Enzyme - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 08:40 PM)Marty Wrote: On top of this did we even get a refund for ammo ?

I believe that the ammo had a 100% refund rate.

RE: Project Hephaestus - Faustie - 04-22-2015

Liv - I'll add that to the sheet of changes to do, and make the command grab your gender.

Regarding refunds: the entire team voted on this, and it was discussed for days on end; everyone had their chance to give their input. The reasoning for weighting higher-calibre weapons differently was that it's more likely newer players would have more cheap weapons (hence AKs/M4A1s were refunded greater than other higher power rifles), and not so many high-calibre weapons. We've already injected 450 million into the market today, and that's a massive amount considering you can spend a fraction of what you had to before to get effective weapons. While mods etc. are more expensive, you can be extremely effective with a cheap pistol/SMG, and we want to see more of that (these weapons are more suited to city roleplay than the others, which you would rarely ever see in most cities in day to day use), so you get way more bang for your buck. In the past a $500 pistol had no chance of competing with rifles that value in the thousands; now you can compete.

It's also worth noting that we're planning on adding some new luxurious items to the servers, and if everyone has more money than previously then there's no target to strive for, and therefore zero point in adding them. I also intend to work on enhanced contraband updates, adding riskier ways to make larger sums of money; the sale of mods will also drive gundealer profits.

There was some dissent in the staff team, but the vast majority of the votes were for a refund.

RE: Project Hephaestus - Nevy - 04-22-2015

Weapons in CityRP are commonly acquired from gunfights, finding them on the ground or purchasing them at a reduced rate from players. The problem with giving a 100% refund rate would be that the players who have acquired their fair share of weapons through combat will be earning profits that will destabilize our economy. Simply think about how much money would be injected into the economy if we were to, all of a sudden, change our vehicles and introduce a 100% refund. Billions of CityRP money would be created and put into the economy and into these players pockets. Yes, there are some that argue that they spent their money on these weapons at or above market value, but this is a necessary course of action to prevent an increase in an already inflated economy. 

RE: Project Hephaestus - Floodify - 04-22-2015

why not replace the old weapons with new weapons in terms of what the new weapons are worth?

RE: Project Hephaestus - Baskingner - 04-22-2015

I can see why there wasnt a full 100% refund, but dont use "the economy" as a reason.
In order for an economy to work there must be a limited amount of supply against an higher amount of demand, or the other way around. How FL currently works (everything is supplied without limits) it is impossible to have an economy at all. The money ejected by 100% refunding the weapons doesnt affect other players at all since there is no such thing as inflation or "increased power to buy" im afraid.
I like Floods suggestion a lot more to be honest.

RE: Project Hephaestus - Jono - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 08:25 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I agree with the players.

They rather should have an advantage than a disadvantage.

If you're going to overrule your staff team again, can you do it on this issue? It's one I think most of the players will actually agree with, unlike the return of V2P.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RE: Project Hephaestus - James_Gaff - 04-22-2015

Do I lose weapon mods on death?

RE: Project Hephaestus - Faustie - 04-22-2015

You'll lose weapon mods on death unless you /disarm - You won't lose them on crash. I intend to update kevlar to follow the same method.